Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 15-0-9

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 am
First topic message reminder :

Alright, let's get dis show on the road.

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Chaoslobby

The prestigious Chaos Academy, located deep in the mountains of Colorado, in the underground city of Dimensional Anchor. Many duelists seek to enroll and follow in the footsteps of the Chaos Commanders, legendary wielders of decks from the Different Dimension. The academy accepts anyone who can pay tuition, testing their skills before assigning them dormitories. They say the best students can get recruited directly into Team Chaos, while the worst students might disappear while wandering the ever-shifting halls. Whether for wealth, fame, power, or freedom, you stand at the door to the academy today!

Chaos Academy will be an ongoing RP. All you need to become a player is a character sheet, a deck, and some fancy typing skills. Forum rp in general works with many players writing the story. I will be acting as a storyteller, writing the setting that the players ultimately interact and live in.

General Rules:

1: Don't roleplay other player's actions for them. It's okay to play a monster and attack someone. It's not okay to play a monster and attack someone, wiping out their lifepoints as they watch helplessly. Also, when describing yourself or talking, don't use lines like 'your character feels fearful of my red bloody eyes' or 'you can't help but feel attracted to me' as the character you're referring to might think red is cool or that you're ugly as sin.

2: Play nice. This is a silly forum rp on a silly yugioh forum. Just try to have fun!

3: Arbitration. Obviously once characters start interacting with each other, duels will break out, or other fights may happen. After some discussion with Sabbaticus, we will resolve these conficts in a neutral way that doesn't involve having to actually play out duels. There will be a 'Chaos dice' rolling option, similar to the Destiny Board. Each player simply rolls before the conflict is resolved, and then roleplays out the situation according to the result. If the players tie, then the duel or fight will end in a tie as well.

4: You are not Yugi. Nor are you Kaiba, Joey, Yusei, Crow, Jaden, or whoever the dweeb in Zexal is.
- No anime characters. There are alot of anime people so if you share some obscure name I won't fault you, but no one is allowed to obviously be a famous anime character rip-off.
- No gods, demons, saviours of the world, ancient evils, legendary heros or the like. Make someone that would have a reason to apply to a prestigious academy! Aspiring heros and villains are welcome.

Character and Roleplay Rules:

1:
Make a character! Making a character is fairly simple. Under each person's Profile there is now a Character Sheet option for everyone to fill out character name, description, background and deck. You can also post your character in the character design thread, but the character in your profile is who you should be playing right now. That way anyone can click on a person and see who they are.

2:
Make a deck! Making a deck will be a tad more complicated then just citing a decktype for this thread's purposes. In the Yugioh anime, cards are much rarer then we're used to on ygopro and this will be no exception! The room on your profile is for posting either a picture or a list of your 40 card deck and your extra, as well as a 15 card side deck that will represent extra techs your character sometimes switches in and out of their deck. For this rp, here are the restrictions:

- No more then 1 copy of any card. The only exception is cards that summon other copies of themselves, such as Nimble Momonga or Hyena.
- Staple cards do not exist. Rare and valuable cards such as Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, Black Luster Soldier and others aren't available to the commonfolk. Anything on the Banned, Limited or Semi-Limited list, as well as some other former staple cards are off-limits. The only exception is Monster Reborn, which apparently everyone has.
This list is not all inclusive but includes:
Mystical Space Typhoon, Dimensional Prison, Royal Decree, Fissure, Smashing Ground, Soul Taker, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Dust Tornado, Fiendish Chain, Trap Hole, Night Beam, Sakuretsu Armor, Magic Cylinder, Raigeki Break, Dark Bribe, Hammer Shot, Seven Tool of the Bandit. I will continue adding generic destruction cards to this list as they come up. This list is not retroactive. The point of not using staples is not to just use the next closest card as a staple guys. Neutral
- You may only have 3 cards in your Extra deck. Your extra deck monsters should be treated like a mighty creature that will totally wreck the opponent, you're doomed now Yugi! If too many people pick the same monsters I will rearrange people to have different ones. Alternatively, you can use 5 Fusion monsters, other then 'Elemental Hero + Attribute' fusions.
- You must include some type of card that does damage to both players, such as Destruction Ring, in order for tie situations to happen.
- Try to stay on theme! If your decktype says 'Warriors Toolbox' I expect a bunch of warrior cards. If it says 'Chaos Butterflies' I expect to see Chaos monsters (besides the restricted ones) and Butterflies. Random good but out of theme monsters, spells and traps will be frowned upon.

Remember that duels will be following Anime Rules (tm). If you run a stupid situational combo card, you will draw it exactly when you need it. You will always topdeck the card you want. Diamond Dude will always hit a spell. Witch of the Black Rose will always draw a monster. You will always get Hero Kid with Reinforce Truth, summoning 3 Hero Kids from your deck to sacrifice for Destiny Hero Plasma/Moisture Creature/whatever. And you will never draw a hand of 3 Hero Kids instead, unless you really feel like rping losing.

3: Make an application post! This will be an in character post, in this thread, of your character's application to join Chaos Academy. The letter will be in this format:
Quote :

Name:
Location: ((Where your character is applying from, if they trecked directly to CEA to apply their location is Dimensional Anchor))
Deck:
Reason for Application: ((Whatever your character would write as his reasons for wanting to be accepted into the Academy))
Comments: ((This can be left blank if you wish))[/b]

Once enough applications are in, I will update with a list of who the players are. Anyone approved moves to https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t1184-chaos-academy-testing-lobby#8632 and posts an introductory post for themselves after having just entered the academy and been sent by the nice receptionist lady to the tester's lobby.

Accepted Applications:
- Creus as Ralfe Descabil
- Hako as Hako
- Valkyra as Leona Kuroda
- NickV as Calx Crownguard
- zombiemaster2 as Greg
- Decato as Veritas
- Puffy as Ryuji
- EnfernoKnight as Alexander Grey
- Darkanen as Loyd Darkanen
- Skeleton09112 as Dusk
- Maria Masters as Maria Masters
- IcingSugar as Dona
- LustfulZex as Nyra Winchester
- Salik as Drake
- Aang as Nazé Azel
- cecko0o0o0o0o0 as cecko / The Great One
- ketsuki as Rikimaru
- Shubz as The Stig
- dabuddah453 as Lucas Basset
- DarrellMeaney as Sir Lucius Octavian Valance
- Ramei11 as Kyle Arlokos
- Sindrake as Sin Drakor
- Epic Furry as Summer

Last edited by ShadowServer on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am; edited 35 times in total

AuthorMessage
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Duel Career : 0-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:43 am
You've essentially banned the best removal cards, a bunch of the semi-usable cards, and even a bunch of the removal cards that are no longer playable while not touching a single non banlist creature. This is no longer a matter of hating on staples. It is protecting and creating new staples, just creature ones since many creatures can thrive based on the fact that so much removal isn't legal, So all the "removing of staples" has done is to turn the format into "Combo into OTK" When you are allowed to sctructure your own draws and most cards that can stop you are banned, whoever goes first will just solitare and win. Oh, look. Just drew exodia. Oh, look. spell counter OTK just went off first turn. My, my, my magical explosion deck seems to always work.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:55 am
Uhm.... the Winner is pre-determined with a dice roll, so it really doesn't matter...

and its role playing anyways..not like a competetive tourney or something
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Team : Super Friends

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 am
Zetsuryu wrote:
You've essentially banned the best removal cards, a bunch of the semi-usable cards, and even a bunch of the removal cards that are no longer playable while not touching a single non banlist creature. This is no longer a matter of hating on staples. It is protecting and creating new staples, just creature ones since many creatures can thrive based on the fact that so much removal isn't legal, So all the "removing of staples" has done is to turn the format into "Combo into OTK" When you are allowed to sctructure your own draws and most cards that can stop you are banned, whoever goes first will just solitare and win. Oh, look. Just drew exodia. Oh, look. spell counter OTK just went off first turn. My, my, my magical explosion deck seems to always work.
Ignoring what Liyana just said about how duels are made via dice rolls so the duel proceeds however the two duelists want it to with that in mind. Exodia, Spell Counter OTK and Magical Explosion are all limited cards so none of those would ever work? They're all already banned. <_<

For what it's worth I have told people to remove monsters that are blatantly not part of their theme.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 am
O__________O wahat are the dices for then..................
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 pm
XD No, I mean that you're right, but also that those decks can't even be used. The dice are for figuring out the winner!
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 am
XD. Euh, If the Dices are created For to win: 1st that means you Block any sort of skill used (Yes, There is skill in roleplay, too. My point of the last post.), and Second of all, It also means: Let's say I make.. Law of the normal/Huge Revolution Deck, with monsters not going over 1000 ATK each, and let's say my opponent Actually uses something like Chaos. How would be be able to explain a defeat? I can basically run my life down, for all I care, reducing to one, and still win?

DW doesn't need that much limited to rape, sadly, but sure, whatev.'

And one more note: I didn't Ignore anything. I misread: I thought you meant any conflict that WASN'T a duel. But you mean any type, my bad.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:04 am
Obviously your Law of the Normal/Huge Revolution deck would get out its combos in order to wipe the other person's field and inflict huge damage with its baby monsters the way the combo intended. If someone is a 'skilled roleplayer' they should be able to roleplay a proper defeat just as well as a resounding victory. The idea that one deck is inherently better then another and should win is exactly what I'm stamping out.
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:12 am
True Law on the normal can actually be a win con. >.< I really wanted to ask a deck without any win con.
SilentSolitude

SilentSolitude

Team : Free Agent

Duel Career : 23-0-26

YGOPro Name : SilentSolitude

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 am
Name: Kyle Arlokos
Location: Collorado (Originally from Manchester, United Kingdom)
Deck: Horus, the Black Skull Dragon
Reason for Application:
- To advance his skills as a duelist.
- To aquire new friends and dueling companions.
Comments: Was always a target for bullying because he stood out from other classmates, smartest and quietest in my school and college years. Because of this, I am, therefore, cautious when approaching future friends in fear of being bullied again.

Last edited by Ramei11 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darrellmeaney

Team : N/A

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : jklhjkl

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:02 am
Name: Sir Lucius Octavian Valance, heir to the Viscountship of Newport

Reason for Application: I believe Lucius would make an excellent edition to your Academy, he is an A+ student that is ambitious and has won the Crimloch Academy Championship every year since he was 11, the Cymro Regional Championship for 6 consecutive years and the United Commonwealth National Championship for the past 2 years.

Comments: Any rumors regarding my son breaking the arm of his instructor and disabling him for life have been disproven in a court of law, I've also taken upon the liberty of donating წ200,000 to the Academy's development, and I would highly advice you to take this into deep consideration or else there may be problems.

Thank you

Titus Pullo Valance
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm
So, By the way I see it, I can poop out a deck with no win con, and win against a deck that stands up. Gee, it's worse than wrestling.

All decided in a coin toss. >.<
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 pm
Are you actually going to try and make a deck with no wincon or are you going to keep complaining about it? :V And it's not a coin toss, it's a dice roll, lots more variety. Smile
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 am
I'm busy with other roleplays actually. (Yes, I even have a made character, and everything. for YGO). And I'm not complaining, I'm stating a point. But siiiince the duels will be skipped anyway. screw it.

More choices, buuuut. Same basis. Imma Play Zorc instead of time Wizzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard, because I lve less chance for da ullllltimate outcooome.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 am
This entire forum is for people who made characters for YGO, saying that is nothing special. I would suggest you actually read the duels that have been roleplayed so far (you wouldn't be talking about them being 'skipped' if you had). If you change your mind you know where to apply.
Zetsuryu

Zetsuryu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:53 am
They are "Skipped". As in Played by a dice before ACTUALLY playing. if you catch my drift.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:55 pm
Can I have three blue-eyes in a deck?
SilentSolitude

SilentSolitude

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 pm
Shawn112 wrote:
Can I have three blue-eyes in a deck?
I dont think so, the only cards u can have 3 copies of are cards that duplicate like Giant Germ, Troop Dragon etc.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm
Too bad, I will have to think of a new deck before registering
SilentSolitude

SilentSolitude

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm
Shawn112 wrote:
Too bad, I will have to think of a new deck before registering

Ty using an original deck.... one that doesnt need multiple copies of one card to be good. Gladiator beasts work fine.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:23 pm
Never thought of that.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 am
Just make a deck that you'll enjoy. Tthe deck doesn't have to be 'good' it just has to be fun. This is Anime Rules(tm) your quality of deck will not save you from the DARK MAGICIAN!
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:12 am
Name: Tigs "Pasta Man" McJagger

Deck: Photons

Reason for Application:
1. Trying to make a name for himself
2. Trying to support his sisters.
3. Trying to prove everyone who's doubted him wrong.
4. Loves to duel.

Comments: Huge flirt XD << Is that accepted?
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:43 am
As long as you aren't creepy about it. You'll have to upload a deck photo on your character sheet, following the rules set up in the first post.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm
Character name: Shawn
Deck: D-Hero
Reason for applying: ''I am bored of dueling the same persons again.''
Comments: Where is the room of our profile?
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 pm
ShadowServer wrote:
As long as you aren't creepy about it. You'll have to upload a deck photo on your character sheet, following the rules set up in the first post.

What would be "creepy" about it? I mean I'm a flirt irl, so mind if I get a heads up on what's "crossing the line"?

Also, deck is uploaded.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 4 Icon_m11

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next