Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 130-0-57

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 2ntv8so
1st Division

Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Ban List March 2013!   Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm
First topic message reminder :

Hello CEA members Smile,

Well, given the fact that we all wait impatiently for the upcoming ban list March 2013 (I do not know exact date) I thought to make this thread to share opinions on what's coming next banlist. I guess many of you have been bored with this format...(including myself lol) and you just don't want to make any other decks until the new banlist comes out xD (it would be rather boring to change decks again...i know the feeling,its very annoying to adapt all your decks all over especially if most of them are hit and also if you have many decks!)

So I am thinking that this discussion could have 2 dimensions:

1) Share thoughts on which cards you think will get hit/come back
2) Share thoughts on which cards you wish/want to get hit/come back

* Considering the dimensions above you can just choose either of them or both if you want to,but give reasons why you think/want to see some cards of the game being/not being hit. So,I am the first to start...Smile

Dimension 1 (think): To starth with, I'd like to say that in this format i believe much or less 5 decks have prevailed,which means that they have been widely used and these are: Mermails,Wind-Ups,Macro-Dino Rabbit,Darkworlds and Agents (pure or chaos either). From all the duels we had in this format in total i believe these are the decks you have faced most of times,like me! I'm going to begin with cards that are included in the decks mentioned above and in my opinion Konami might target them Twisted Evil
  1. Mermails have actually 3 target cards that can open up a lot of plays and thus gain strong presence field:Genex Undine,Atlantean Dragoons and Mermail Abyssmegalo. Undine just wow...this card is a great searcher along with dragoon and the combo of these 2 cards gives many pluses and options,so maybe konami could limit/semi-lim undine and/or dragoon.That could slow down the deck a lot.As for abyssmegalo i think if touched it would be semi-limited and not limited.So a combination of these could happen or just one of them.
  2. Another pain in the ass deck is WU.That deck can xyz spam like hell and a first turn Shock Master is always "shocking" for the opponent especially if the player running WU can "read" the opponent's deck and pick a correct category of Monsters/Spells/Traps.Most times this is like...GG!
    This mainly happens due to 2 monsters:Magician and Shark.What I can see coming is Magician limited and Shark semi-limited.It could also be magician semi-lim but this card's effect is really broken...so chances are limited (of course with konami you never know!) Moreover,there's WU factory (will konami shut that factory down like it did with black whirlwind..?? lol ) It can search every WU monster..wait and is unlimited..??? I know someone could say:"Hey there's Thunder King man don't worry, and MST at 3,chill!" Well until you draw mst or king and play them(if not negated) have you thought that maybe opponent has established field with Shock Master?>> too late! So factory could get semi (if not limited)
  3. Move on to the next deck>> Macro Rabbit! That bunny...arghh @_@ i'm sure everyone hates it when other people running it xD.Anyways,a possible option would be to get limited since its already semi.Laggia's and Dolkka's can be very annoying...first is a "solemn judgement" monster(its like having 2 solemn's in main deck) and second negates effects of monsters wherever they activate:hand,field,grave or when banished!No doubt,rabbit decks in general (this bunny is splashed everywhere :O) would lose a lot of consistency...but tbh i have seen persons that have tried to run only 1 rabbit and see if deck still explodes, as with 2 copies.In that case they have 2 leviair in extra at least to bring back rabbit and reinforce their plays...but its not the same.In that case(bunny at 1) rabbit decks would have to adjust their backrow with more cards so as to make the summon of that bunny feasible.
  4. DarkWorlds: Hmm..another deck that has a strong presence in duels and can exterminate a lot of other decks. Here, i feel 2 cards are eligible for being hit: Snoww Unlight of DW and Dragged down into the Grave.Snoww is the searcher of the deck as it searches any "DarkWorld" card and Dragged Down can disrupt opponents strategy by discarding key cards from opponent's hand....not to mention that combined with mind crush it can kill for good opponent's hand!1st activate dragged...then set mind crush and activate during opponen'ts draw phase (in some cases you can almost make opponent GG,if you mind crush a card that's in more than 1 copy in their hand Smile )
  5. Agents is another deck that made a come-back since Agent Earth returned at 2 copies.At most, Chaos version of this deck is played with TGU engine,gorz,trago,chaos sorcerer etc.Honestly, i don't think konami will hit this deck.It's a decent deck to use but in my opinion it won't be touched.
    If, in any case it would be,possibly Hyperion could get semi if you ask me."And what about Kristya and Earth shuffler...???" Nah,I believe konami won't touch them. They have been both limited in the past...and i don't see any reason why to be a target again.There are other decks like Mermails,WU's and Macro-Rabbit which i think are top 3 in this format that take priority in being hit,as they are massively used!

Now to speak in general of some cards that is debated a lot about them being hit or not!

- Black Luster Soldier: omg...this card is just...way too op. I'm pretty sure many of you have either lost or won a duel thanks to this card,and in many cases like in an unexpectable way: Your opponent is ahead in LP and no cards in your hand...your turn, you top deck BLS and attack twice for game...kinda lame but sounds familiar..?? And this is the good scenario...what most people hate is if they are ahead in LP and opponent finishes them with a top-decked BLS...this is the moment where, if you watch the duel chat you could see many @!#!@!#T^!^@!$.....!! xD
It's certainly a very strong beater used in every chaos deck,so yeah there's a possibility it can be banned again and Chaos Sorcerer returns to 2 again (or not xD).
- Mystical Space Typhoon: Ever since this card went unlimited i have seen many decks running it x 3. It's a very good da$%#n card especially if you want to find first the set SLR (out of 4 set cards) and then activate heavy storm..right?? It is said that it might go down to 2 again.
- Monster Reborn: It's a staple card in all decks, a "must" card that can save your a$$ in certain moments during a duel.I don't know why some want this card to be banned and bring Premature Burial back :/ Premature has a cost of 800 LP (dead draw if u have less than 800 LP) which makes it so NOT versatile..plus it can only SS from your grave unlike Reborn.So what these people say is: "Ban reborn and bring back premature konami"...and what if MST stays at 3?? "You get screwed like that.." my answer to them!
- Miracle Fusion: Heroe's is one of my fav decks. Its still "alive"and a quite competitive deck than can many times otk without great effort.Miracle Fusion is another excellent card that SS Shining,Zero,Nova,Tornado etc and other E-Hero Fusion monsters with great effects.If touched,it might get semi-lim.

Dimension 2 (wish/want): Here i will only speak of cards I want/wish to come back from the banned/semi/lim lists as i think they could give some forgotten decks a chance to rise again.I'd like to see them again being played because we all know changes are good in this game,at least for those who like variety in decks they run.Also i think the return of cards im going to mention won't hurt much the today xyz Era!
- Glow-Up Bulb: I really love this card and I want it back! Maybe, in the synchro era this card was indeed broken but now who will it hurt..?? Sad
- Mezuki: I'd like to see mezuki being semi-lim so zombies can have a chance to show their potential.
-Royal Oppression: No,no im not crazy...stop shouting! lol I'd only like to see oppression back to limited so as to give decks (stun or other) a chance to face the current meta that SS and spams xyz monsters like hell! Since its LP-related its kinda difficult to use it whenever you want.Plus,not many chances to draw it (that's 1/40 to be exact Smile )...so why not?
- Destiny Hero Disk-Commander: Those who were playing ygo2 and ygo3 can understand me Smile Who doesn't miss the Dark Creator deck..?? Razz
- Destiny Hero - Malicious: This card is still good at 2, but I wish it could return unlimited

So,my analysis is over! There are still other cards that I didn't or forgot to refer to.Feel free to join this discussion, share your opinion and thoughts and give reasons for your choices! Correct me if i have made mistakes or forgotten certain cards!
**Remember you can either say what you think or want/wish to see being hit/coming back (or both if you want to) Smile

PS: If I am posting this in a wrong section plz transfer it in the proper one

AuthorMessage
Airam Masters

Airam Masters

Team : -less

Duel Season : 0-0-4

Duel Career : 20-0-38

YGOPro Name : MariaMasters

Team Wars Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Ban List March 2013!   Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm
i can see them bring burning knuckler - restrained barbaric solder : leadblow, either to 1 or 2 considering it takes at least 3 destory cards or a VERY high attack monster to bring it down, keeping it at 3 seems a little OP.

as for any of the others, i couldn't say because i'm not overly familiar with them.

as for unbanning and such. i'd LIKE to see infernity launcher being back to 2 at the most, considering infernity really isn't meta anymore. i'd like to see book of the moon back to 2 as well.

just my two cents
Darkanen

Darkanen

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-10

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Ban List March 2013!   Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 pm
Okkiru wrote:

1: Shark at 2, probally not at 1, because they however, depends too much of the shark, and as an expensive deck that Wind-ups are, they don't wanna lose it from the meta scenario, as shark is at 2 or 1, there is no point on hitting magician, mostly likely hitting Rat instead.
5: Cecylon and Sombres to 2, Verz don't even need rabbit anymore, ofc is better if you have a rabbit, but summoning Ophion is just a joke in a good Verz deck, you can do it basically aways, and constellars have a lot of potential even now...
6: Dark Hole to 0, because to be fair enough... it's not a card with a lot of plays, you just put it there and blow up the field... or no.
]

1: Shark and magician are the most base of the deck, like rat. Shark is a easy xyz of volcanosaurus or chronomaly, even too much easy, because of the easy way to summon it. Magician is worse than Shark, as together, you can pratically OTK someone. Rat is a good point to limit, but Shark and Magician will be, surelly.

5: Cecylon and Sombres cannot be limited or banned, since they don't have get out as TCG again, like all the constellar and the verz, so right now, they will not be hit by the ban list.

6: It's like for Heavy Storm. If you think, these cards has come back because of the chance to blow up yourself too. When you get HS or DH, much time, you will have to make a choice; or you blow up a card in your field who is usefull for you, but you blow up your opponent too, or you keep it for a future use. In the first point, if you blow up all, your opponent will counter, or make you regret your choice by using a strategy you could stop if you would keep your card. In the other point, if you keep it for a future use, you make a guess, because your opponent may plan to destroy yours cards and put you in a corner, or even OTK you.
So I'm not sure these cards will be hit by the ban list, but I might be wrong.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Ban List March 2013!   Upcoming Ban List March 2013! - Page 2 Icon_m11

Upcoming Ban List March 2013!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2