HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) 2ntv8so
1st Division

Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Empty
PostSubject: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:13 am
FINAL CUTS HAVE BEEN MADE

Hi fellow CEA members. I will become the head War Manager next season (March 1). However, managing the war zone takes a lot of time when you combine the organization needed as well as the updates to the ranking list. As a result, I am holding open "tryouts" for a War Manager. The requirements and duties of the War Manager include:

Requirements:
-Must be able to write English fluently
I don't want grammatical and spelling mistakes to confuse players. This is an international forum, so I want someone who can write in standard English. This would be helpful in terms of settling disputes or ruling issues.

-Must be able to understand how the rating system works (i.e. know how logarithms and exponentials work)
I am not asking you to memorize how the rating system works; I am asking you to KNOW how it works. I want you to be able to explain the system's mechanics to someone adequately in the event that I am not around to explain it. As mentioned above, as long as you know how logarithms of base 2 and exponentials work, you'll be fine.

-Organizational Skills
I have some rules I plan on implementing in terms of time limits and bans, so I want you to be able to keep track of them. I'm thinking of making a thread of players who are under these time limits and I want you to be able to edit them as needed, like when the time limit runs out or if a player needs to be added on. There's also the duties of approving teams and wars.

-War Dueling Experience
Just some basic stuff; I want you to know how the environment works. Record does matter, but more important is the number of duels you have conducted in the war setting. I don't want to have someone who's barely played in wars managing the war section.

Duties:
-Approve/disband teams - check if there's the minimum member requirement and the contact info. Disband due to inactivity or request.
-Keep track of the time limits implemented on switching teams (see War Book thread for details on the limits)
-Settle disputes, answer questions, and discipline if needed
-Award DP for wars

NOTE: You're not going to be asked to do the rankings; that's MY baby.

Those are pretty much the skills needed. It's not a difficult job if you're not the one doing the ratings. If you are interested, feel free to PM me here or on Skype: Chaossoldier92. I will send an application form that includes a test to see if you know the ranking system and how well you can write, so study up. I will keep the whole process anonymous until the final cuts (around 2-3), when I discuss the possible candidates with the staff.

The test will be a hypothetical war situation with made up numbers and I want you to take me through the steps. There are also 2 questions on rulings to test how well you can explain things. More detail will give a higher "score." Please use full English words. Answering your test while using profuse amounts of smilies, emoticons, or shorthand will result in me throwing your test in the trash, then burning it. Plagiarism will also result in an automatic fail. Send your answers in a PM to me.

Tentative Timeline (all deadlines are at 12 AM PST):
Feb 23 - March 3: Request for applications
March 4: Due date for applications
Final cuts will be made a few days after the due date, depending on the number of applicants and my free time to grade, with a new War Manager announcement shortly after.

Good luck and I hope to be working with someone soon...

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but the Rating System explanation can be found here: https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t1102p144-elo-ratings

It's in the first post, in the spoiler under the ratings

Last edited by ChaosSatella on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am; edited 9 times in total
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 am
I would love to participate. I'm not so sure I meet the war experience requirement necessary to be a war manager, but I'm certainly willing to learn and help out. I'm not entirely sure about how ratings work, but I'm very capable of learning quickly, so that's really your call
A3K159

A3K159

Team : Olympus

Duel Career : 23-0-29

YGOPro Name : A3K159

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm
I wouldn't mind being a war manager Very Happy
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Duel Points : 225

Duel Season : 7-0-6

Duel Career : 146-0-74

YGOPro Name : Pyro/SoulBurner

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm
well yea same. I want to be a war manager too
SunMoonOR

SunMoonOR

Team : Lethal Bullets

Duel Career : 21-0-43

YGOPro Name : SunMoon

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm
I would love to become a war manager I am going to apply as soon as possible
dubina

dubina

Duel Season : 5-0-3

Duel Career : 55-0-50

YGOPro Name : XXXXXXX

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:28 pm
lol looks like it will a competition since i guess that ChaosSoldier needs only 1 disciple lol.
B.I.G

B.I.G

Team : lethal bullets

Duel Career : 30-0-22

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:37 pm
count me in of course only 1 probleme i'm not sure how rating systeme works !-_-
Austin

Austin

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:44 pm
just my grammer not the best and all other i know them and i know how to moderat the war section as well
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm
id love too help out where are da papers
im sure it cant be hard
EternalBelgarath

EternalBelgarath

Duel Career : 45-0-51

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm
Good Luck to All
Tono1997a

Tono1997a

Duel Career : 7-0-31

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 pm
I would like to help, but I don't know if I know how to do all those requirements
Goddess Of War

Goddess Of War

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 44-0-35

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:28 pm
I would, but my English writing isn't perfect so no
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm
Just so people know - fluently does not equal essay-level. While preferred, the main thing I'm looking for is good use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as word choice to prevent confusion. You know... the things you learn in school do prove to be useful...
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm
but I guess most of the things comes down to the test since u get points for it.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:24 pm
Pyro wrote:
but I guess most of the things comes down to the test since u get points for it.

Actually, I don't give the maximum points if you don't have an explanation. Out of the 100 pts in the math section, about 20 is given from the explanation. There's also the rulings part, which accounts for 50% of the the total score.
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 pm
ruling part is 50%? wow that's high considering that those questions r easy
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 pm
Pyro wrote:
ruling part is 50%? wow that's high considering that those questions r easy

I made them easy on purpose, but they do require an explanation that involves good choice of words and punctuation, which I'm looking for.
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 pm
ahh kk xD
Jaaden

Jaaden

Event Manager

Duel Season : 1-0-1

Duel Career : 21-0-6

YGOPro Name : Jaaden

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 am
Oh My i wanna be 1 :/
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:13 am
72 hours left until applications are due. I have not read them yet so you can re-send your answers if you feel you made a mistake.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 am
24 hours until applications are due. As said before, you're free to send them as many times as you want if you want to make corrections.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 am
The deadline for submitting applications has passed. I will get to grading them shortly (should be done in a couple days). The answers to the questions are in the spoiler. I tried to make them as generic as possible since the numbers I gave were different for each applicant.

Spoiler:
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)   Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED) Icon_m11

Open applications for a new War Manager (TEST REQUIRED)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1