Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-1

how do i defeat this card? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

how do i defeat this card? Empty
PostSubject: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 am
i was going against my friend and his deck is based around Evil HERO Dark Gaia, doesn't sound all the good of a deck but i can't find a way around it. the way to summon it is using dark calling or dark fusion,

theses are the effect, dark calling: Banish, from your hand or your Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters listed on a Fusion Monster Card that can only be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion", then Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon with "Dark Fusion".)

now for dark fusion:Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fiend-Type Fusion Monster Card, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). The Special Summoned monster cannot be targeted by the opponent's Spells, Traps, or card effects this turn.

now gaia's effect: 1 Fiend-Type monster + 1 Rock-Type monster
Must be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The original ATK of this card is equal to the combined original ATK of the Fusion Material Monsters used to Fusion Summon it. When this card declares an attack: You can change all Defense Position monsters your opponent controls to face-up Attack Position. (Flip Effects are not activated at this time.)

how do i defeat it? i can't find a way, he runs three of each by the way,
thank you,
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:02 am

I'm guessing your opponent is running the Dark Gaia OTK.

Best option (aside from traps) are Effect Veiler/BOM.

Kenshi

Kenshi

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 am
Effect Veiler is the best splashable card to use. It really depends on your deck and his build since you do not want to be using Fossil Dyna Pachy in a deck with minimal backrow vs a Gaia build that runs level 4 vanilla beatsticks.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:20 am
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo is the best option I would think. Skill Drain works too. BoM/Veiler/Compulsory are more splashable and can take care of the ones summoned by Dark Calling, but not those summoned by Dark Fusion. It would be best to tell us what deck you normally use since some cards aren't a good fit.
DarkMadzishN

Duel Season : 2-0-0

Duel Career : 122-0-71

YGOPro Name : DarkMadzishN

YCC Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 am
Its very simple to defeat dark gaia decks. Cards what can help you are :
-Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo - Its a total Killer vs gaia
-Great Shogun Shien - They can summon just one ( or maybe none) depens on their hand.
-Naturia Beast - Cant use spells dark fusion/dark calling or the other drawing ones.
-Snowman - Even thought gaia flips it up , effect still apply's.
-All the traps ( mirrorforce etc )

You just need to be careful , because you cant "Target" dark gaia with effects/traps/spells when its summoned with dark fusion ( just during the turn it was summoned). Pachy is main one vs dark gaia because when it gets flipped , effect still apply's Razz
bmw22935

bmw22935

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 am
My only question is for cards like snowman and Pachy how does it work it says that the effects dont take place at this time so when do they? also, wouldnt be destroyed and then the effect cant take place?
thank you
DarkMadzishN

Duel Season : 2-0-0

Duel Career : 122-0-71

YGOPro Name : DarkMadzishN

YCC Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 am
they work as soon as they get flipped , and gaia has effect that force them to flip Razz
bmw22935

bmw22935

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 am
sorry about this my friend is a smart ass so he will ask"but dark fusion says cant be targeted by effects this turn" so what do i do about that?
Airam Masters

Airam Masters

Team : -less

Duel Season : 0-0-4

Duel Career : 20-0-38

YGOPro Name : MariaMasters

Team Wars Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:38 am
well i don't know what cards your running but if you run a ritual deck the lvl 3 djinn when used for a ritual summon, while that ritual monster is alive they can't spell summon and evilswarm ophions won't that stop it as well
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:46 am
bmw22935 wrote:
My only question is for cards like snowman and Pachy how does it work it says that the effects dont take place at this time so when do they? also, wouldnt be destroyed and then the effect cant take place?
thank you

The effects of Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo and Snowman Eater aren't classified as Flip Effects because they don't have the "FLIP:" at the beginning of the card text. So their effects won't be negated by Dark Gaia.

For those summoned by Dark Fusion, generic monster removal like Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, and Mirror Force don't target (Dimensional Prison DOES target however), or Skill Drain will work.
bmw22935

bmw22935

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:49 am
THANK YOU SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO much guys im glad i joined this website it helps so much, thank you allllllllllllllllllllllllll, thanks once again,have a good day or night,lol thank you that answers all of my questions,
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i defeat this card?   how do i defeat this card? Icon_m11

how do i defeat this card?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1