Decato

Teacher

Team: Dreamstate

Duel Points: 21290

Duel Season: 0-0-0

Duel Career: 117-0-33

YGOPro Name: Decato

PostSubject: Inzektor Guide   Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 am
Inzektors… I personally hate… no loathe these bugs but there is no denying this is one of the top decks this format. I’ll give you some basic information, Main cards, Deck Skeleton, and finally weaknesses.

Inzectors, like Chaos Dragons is the result of Konami bringing back old archetypes and of course, they made it too powerful. Now, I know some duelists who say, Inzectors are easy to make but take skill to play. Well… all I can say in response to that is laugh; it’s true to some extent, but then again all decks are, and for the advantage this deck brings from just 2 cards I really can’t see why anybody would defend them. Now, just before I start… if anyone uses these insects on me… I will kill you in your sleep.

Main Cards

Inzektor Dragonfly (Lvl 3, Dark, Insect)

Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster in your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, increase the equipped monster's Level by 3. If an Equip Card equipped to this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Inzektor" monster from Deck, except "Inzektor Dragonfly".

Amazing card in Inzektors… allows you to toolbox the entire deck, and along with its partner in crime Hornet, it can create an advantage up to +4 quite easily.

I’ll just give one basic example of this, equip Inzektor Hornet to this card, and then use Hornet to destroy a card. This then triggers Dragonfly's second effect, and summons a copy of Inzektor Centipede. From there, you can re-equip Inzektor Hornet, and use it to destroy another card, and then add another Inzektor Dragonfly. See where this is going? And it’s possible to do it every turn, this leads to many OTK scenarios.

Inzektor Centipede (lvl 3, dark, insect)

Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster in your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, increase the equipped monster's Level by 3. If an Equip Card equipped to this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Inzektor" monster from your Deck to your hand.

This is the card that gives Inzektor’s so much consistency. It allows us to search out any cards we need for our… terrifying combos and like I mentioned before, creates massive advantage or can be used to add Inzektor Giga-Mantis, or Inzektor Sword - Zektkaliber to perform OTKs. It is also our easiest beat-down monster and with Hornet; it can go up to 2100 attack.

Inzektor Hornet (lvl 3, dark, insect)

Once per turn: You can equip 1 "Inzektor" monster in your hand or Graveyard to this card. While this card is equipped to a monster, increase the equipped monster's Level by 3, and the equipped monster gains ATK and DEF equal to this card's ATK and DEF, respectively. You can send this Equip Card to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

This is the most valuable card in Inzektors and from most people’s view, the most annoying. A simple +1 by itself when used with any other Inzektor monster, he also triggers the secondary effects of Centipede and Dragonfly. A must have in all Inzektor decks and a must kill if your against it.

Inzektor Sword – Zektkaliber (spell, equip)

Equip only to an "Inzektor" monster. The equipped monster gains 800 ATK and DEF. When this face-up card is sent from field to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Inzektor" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Like Sabb said, gives us monsters that can run other beatsticks.

Now… that’s about it for the main cards. Yes I know it’s not much but frankly, that’s all Inzektors need, there are other cards such as Hooper or Giga-Mantis but you can have a look at those yourself.

Deck Engines

Well, there are 3 main engines Inzektors use, though I personally find the first one to work best for me: (These are the basic engine and depending on taste the numbers will vary)

1)

3 x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 x Sangan
2 x COTH

2)

2 x Mystic Tomato
1 x Armageddon Knight
1 x Sangan
2 x COTH

3)

2 x Card Trooper
2 x Lyla/Ryko
1 x Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite
2 x COTH

Other helping cards

Allure of Darkness
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
Effect Veiler
Dark Armed Dragon
Pot of Duality
Safe Zone
Inzector Hooper
Inzector Ladybug

Deck Skeleton

3 x Inzektor Dragonfly
3 x Inzektor Centipede
3 x Inzektor Hornet
1 x Inzektor Giga-Mantis
3 x Effect Veiler
1 x Dark Armed Dragon
2 x Call of the Haunted

Weakness

Finally! I mean… awwww it’s time to discuss weaknesses. From my experience with Inzektors, I feel that it’s kind of similar to Frog Monarchs; they get their effects by destroying cards of the field. Don’t leave your field full of cards Hornet can use; make sure you have a warning or a veiler out if you want to leave your cards out. Play smart, make sure you have counters and don’t fill your field with cards allowing them to just feast on you. Using MST on their attached monster is also a tactic well used.

Now on to the sides, I find there are 5 cards that can really hit Inzektors hard (there are more but this is just the basic ones that come to mind).

1) Effect Veiler

You don’t need me to explain this. :p

2) Chain Disappearance

If you can manage to remove their Dragonfly or Hornet, I don’t see how they will come back, unless you play really bad or they play one of the best games of their life.

3) Fiendish Chain

Not only stops Dragonfly/Centipede, but practically every monster out there. However, be careful as MSTs are everywhere this format.

4) Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

All the monsters are Dark so you will pretty much shut down their entire deck. Like Fiendish Chain, MST’s are your worst enemy.

5) King Tiger Wanghu

Didn’t see this coming did you? I’ve been playing around with this card since it eats on all Inzectors and even Rabbit. Works well for anti-meta decks.

Well that’s about it guys, next one will be Wind-Ups. Anything I missed, please give out a shout. Otherwise good luck, have fun, and keep those inzectors away from me :p

The New Season

-2 Inzektor Dragonfly
-2 Inzektor Hornet

Yes! Gone! Never come back! Inzektors have been hit quite badly with the banlist. Rather than the swarm, 1-1 destruction they used to run now the deck focuses on rank 5 exceeds. Is the deck dead? Yes, and if anyone manages to win with the deck like before I'll be very impressed.
Kurama

Ra Yellow

Team: Team Ashpyxiate

Duel Points: 0

Duel Career: 0-0-0

PostSubject: Re: Inzektor Guide   Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:12 am
I win ALOT with it ^-^

AsianGuy1137

Obelisk Blue

Team: Super Friends

Duel Points: 300

Duel Career: 9-0-8

PostSubject: Re: Inzektor Guide   Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 am
Challenge accepted.

"Why do I duel? Because I made a promise. A promise of two dreams joined in the hope of a brighter tomorrow..."
Facial_Hair

Ra Yellow

Duel Points: 200

Duel Career: 4-0-4

PostSubject: Re: Inzektor Guide   Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:06 pm
The deck is still pretty aggressive, in fact maybe even worse. Just equip Giga-Mantis to Dragonfly and Hornet it and you get two Centipedes (and a Hornet if you want to include that). Then you +2 with the two Centi's if you left the Hornet in grave O.o

Inzektor Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1