YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 am
Hello CEA members,

I would like to revisit the idea of anime duels on CEA. One of our members suggested it and I would like the opinion of others to see if this is something you guys want.

I'll include a poll for all to vote on, but at the same time I want to hear opinions and reasons. For example, if we do add a section for anime duels, should these just be for fun, should you be able to do an anime BA, or should it rather have it's own record in your profile strictly for Anime duels.

Keep in mind this is not for tournaments, just fun match duels or BA type duels.

Vote and let us hear those opinions!

Last edited by Sabbaticus on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
SDDWarfare

SDDWarfare

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 10-1-52

Anime Duels 2ntv8so
Squire
Anime Duels 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: JoeTheViper   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:03 am
Count me in, sounds interesting
[KDAp]OneTrackMind

[KDAp]OneTrackMind

Team : [None]

Duel Career : 1-0-0

YGOPro Name : OneTrackMind

Anime Duels 2ntv8so
Squire
Anime Duels 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 am
    Anime duels are discouraging in a competitive light that could end up staining or glorifying a record. I personally believe, if they would be for fun, it wouldn't change the forum in any substantial way, if anything it'll just clog up space, as anyone can do a fun anime duel on their own time and thus just having a section is well...pointless.

I'm sure many will simply Agree Yes to this without thinking of the impact it would have on the Academy, simply because Anime Duels are cool. No people, they are not cool. There are cards limited only to anime that can decimate you in one turn, simply because. The meta of now would be killed off by the anime cards. Completely. It'll be like Superman[Anime] Vs Hawkgirl[TCG/OCG]. It won't end well for hawkgirl. The point i'm trying to get across is, this poll will most likely get "Yes'd" and like i said, if it was counted towards your record[The only way to make it non-pointless], it would be: "Who can find the most OP'd Anime Card."

I just want people to think about this, so i typed it, 'cause i'm sure many will disregard this when voting because superman's brilliance is outstandingly blinding. Or, others will grab their friends who don't care and vote yes simply because they are their friends.

However, since this will most definitely get passed now that its up for voting, 'cause...why not? I vote that it will have its own separate record and be an entirely new section called AA -- Amine Arena.

Edit: I just wanted to say...Exhibit A: Strings of MOFO'ing Destiny

Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 am
EnfernoKnight wrote:
    Anime duels are discouraging in a competitive light that could end up staining or glorifying a record. I personally believe, if they would be for fun, it wouldn't change the forum in any substantial way, if anything it'll just clog up space, as anyone can do a fun anime duel on their own time and thus just having a section is well...pointless.

I'm sure many will simply Agree Yes to this without thinking of the impact it would have on the Academy, simply because Anime Duels are cool. No people, they are not cool. There are cards limited only to anime that can decimate you in one turn, simply because. The meta of now would be killed off by the anime cards. Completely. It'll be like Superman[Anime] Vs Hawkgirl[TCG/OCG]. It won't end well for hawkgirl. The point i'm trying to get across is, this poll will most likely get "Yes'd" and like i said, if it was counted towards your record[The only way to make it non-pointless], it would be: "Who can find the most OP'd Anime Card."

I just want people to think about this, so i typed it, 'cause i'm sure many will disregard this when voting because superman's brilliance is outstandingly blinding. Or, others will grab their friends who don't care and vote yes simply because they are their friends.

However, since this will most definitely get passed now that its up for voting, 'cause...why not? I vote that it will have its own separate record and be an entirely new section called AA -- Amine Arena.

Edit: I just wanted to say...Exhibit A: Strings of MOFO'ing Destiny

When Sabb said record i think he meant a separate Anime duel record dedicated to anime duels i tihnk

But your points are valid and yeah pretty much agree with you, but I'll be abstaining my vote since I don't really mind whether it gets implemented or not.

And yeah if it gets implemented, anime duels should have their own record and should not be counted in with the BAs, as is the case with tag duels but that's another story.
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

Anime Duels 2ntv8so
Squire
Anime Duels 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:54 am
I really wouldn't mind... But the question is it really necessary since if BA & SA s are already popular what else could having Anime Duels bring?
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:58 am
I voted yes, purely because there are those that do want to play Anime duels but cannot find people interested in them and it also stimulates others to do so. But I wouldn't give it it's own competitive system or implement it in others. You can try making a sub section, if it's not popular you can get rid of it again.
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Anime Duels 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 am
I say yes. If anime is as OP as you say it is, then it'd be fun to go ahead and make the most consistent broken deck possible to where you win 99% of the time 1st turn as people can't do anything about it. Sure people will eventually stop playing you, but it gives off an. Increased sense of deck building and learning how to put people in tight situations.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Anime Duels 2ntv8so
Squire
Anime Duels 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 pm
I'd say Yes, but only if it is counted apart, and not counted for BA. THese restrictions are there mostly for the same reasons than enfernoknight
Sponsored content

Anime Duels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Duels   Anime Duels Icon_m11

Anime Duels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1