Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 35-0-70

What do you think? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:30 am
So guys im thinking about hosting a non-meta world cup. Its going to be similiar to misters world cup only im not going to make match-ups. I'm gonna let u duel whoever you want thats participating in the event (Limit 1 duel per day).
I'd have the points system of.

2-0 3 points 
2-1 2 points 
1-2 1 point
0-2 0

The top 8 duelists would then go into a normal tournament to see who wins 

You would have to register and send pm of 5 decks you would like to use. Also since i want to make the even fun I'd bann all meta.

So if you dont mind answer the poll of would you or would you not do this event and comment so i know why
Zepheon

Zepheon

Team : None

Duel Career : 10-0-23

YGOPro Name : Zygon

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 am
Well my suggestion to this is to group the participators by 5s like group A, group B, etc. then having the people with the 2 highest scores duel each other in a bracket instead of a full on battle and other than that, it seems cool!
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:45 am
I believe something similar to this already underway? Nick's tourney is non-meta and is pretty much this, though you are welcome to host one yourself. It's nice to see a lot of events, though i would say let challonge randomize the match ups cause leaving people to duel who they want might leave some people with no duels at all.

But good idea, hope to see an event soon , and when you buy your tourney item from the shop (unless you already have one) talk with Sabb or Jaaden for other minor details.

Looks good mate
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:10 am
Yeah if you do this, be sure to make it Swiss or group stage. I'd be up for it.

In football, point system is:

Win = 3 points;
Draw = 1 point;
Loss = 0 points.

It'd be safe to follow this, instead of giving 2-1's also points. However, the one losing 1-2 would obviously move on to the next stage before one that lost 0-2. Just an example. Smile
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Squire
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:23 am
you do have a point nick and liy 

about the matchups tho i dnt want to really spend time making certain duels for ppl to follow cause of timezones and such it would take forever. How about i make divisions and i give u all a week and in that division duel as much as u want. Then for the next week ill mix up the divisions at random and make new ones so in essence there all new divisions(i know im just over explainin this) but this way i dnt have to pressure ppl to duel they caan do it on ther own time and worry about there won matchups
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:06 am
If you do it like Nick said I'd be up for it.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 am
Duelling as much as you want wont work because those that can spend more time dueling can rack up more points, which is unfair to others. I'd say make it group stage, where everyone duels each other once or twice; or swiss style, where every round matchups are selected randomly. Never make matchups based on things like timezone or otherwise - it has to be random. Figuring out when one plays the other is their problem.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Squire
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 am
thank u all for your feedback because i have so many positive posts and the polls went well ill prob make this tourney after nick's has ended to see who is the best non meta duelist in the academy
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Squire
1st Division

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 am
I agree with Nick it will b hard to keep track of all the duels & the people who r nt in wars etc will have more time to duel but if ur going to make the event I would b happy to lend a hand if u need it.
Sponsored content

What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? Icon_m11

What do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Era Academy :: Main Lobby :: Suggestions-