Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Mystical Space Typhoon. 2ntv8so
1st Division

Mystical Space Typhoon. Empty
PostSubject: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 am
Mystical Space Typhoon. Images11

Spoiler:

Now that Heavy Storm is banned, Mystical Space Typhoon has a whole new place and use in decks.

Hey guys , As you know Mystical Space Typhoon was almost released since the start and now that it is at 3 now for a while , This card is one of the very few that are played in every deck no matter what or the decks that are top but what alot of people don't know that this card is possibly one of the most misplayed cards ever , I am going to talk to you guys about some of the myths of how this card is played.

-The Blind MST-

I have heard of this phrase many times before and to be honest , I used to do it myself. A common case in which your opponent starts first , summons or sets a monster and plays 2 backrows and you start and Blind mst one of them randomly , sure you could get lucky and get rid of one of the good ones but you don't want to really take that risk , Because eventually if you pick something that you don't want to get rid of , You'll be in a minus one condition , no matter what card you destroy with MST , It's only one and you would have to get around the others. I wouldn't really recommand using this method but although , It can be good sometimes but still risky when you want to maintain your field control or you want to complete your combo.

-Using MST effectively-

It's true there is a bad way of using MST and it would end leaving you in a minus one condition. Now , Let's talk about using it effectively , It is critical that you save your MST for times that you that you absolutely need them for ex. getting rid of cards like (Rivalry of Warlords, Gozen Match, Skill Drain (to an extent), Light-Imprisoning Mirror, Shadow Imprisoning Mirror, Mind Drain, Kaiser Colosseum, Imperial Iron Wall) or kill any sort of side cards that kills your deck or stops you from doing your main combo. Remember guys It's all Judgement calls ,  If the best play is you blow out your opponents one set to go for game, then do that. If your best play is to hit their face-up hate card and play around your opponent's other backrows, then do that.

Feel free to comment below or if i missed anything.

Peace out~

Last edited by Dovahkiin on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Duel Points : 225

Duel Season : 7-0-6

Duel Career : 146-0-74

YGOPro Name : Pyro/SoulBurner

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:03 pm
Good info on how to use mst and the miss-plays people make with it I guess lol. If you are going to talk about the miss-plays then might as well add one of the mistakes that a starting player does for e.g. I play dark hole and they play mst on my dark hole thinking that it will "destroy" and stop it. Mst doesn't negate so msting cards that leaves the field after resolving won't stop it (most of the time). Just posting it since I used to do it when I started the game lol.
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 pm
Pyro i think this kind of things are too basic, and doing that in 1 game at the PRO will teach the player a lesson better then all the advises he can read o:

Dova, good thread, you said some important things(just forgot the common fiendish chain). you could go on compare this with other backrow hate like lance, dust, night beam and so on, but that's just an offer.

BTW, in a test that i just had, melchet started, toke BOM with duality, set 2 with a monster and ended.
my turn, the only monster i got is rabbit, i had to MST, and my guess was right. this very move actually gave me the whole duel. so it is a great example for when to blind mst.
Chaos Creator

Chaos Creator

Team : Gimme 1

Duel Season : 5-0-12

Duel Career : 32-0-53

YGOPro Name : ChaosCreator

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:34 pm
lol I still blindly MST, tho am working on how to save it and as regards to MST negating...

its too funny especially when people wanna make u believe it so u waste resources. lol
simtem

simtem

Duel Season : 5-0-4

Duel Career : 9-0-15

YGOPro Name : Simtem

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:59 pm
MST Negates everything lol Smile
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm
Thanks for your comments guys and Lol Pyro xD
LordMelchett

LordMelchett

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 16-0-4

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:41 am
Yeah, the part about blind MSTing is important. I very rarely go for that tactic unless I'm in a losing position and have to go for a big play vs. a few back rows. Apart from that it's better to wait with the MST to possibly hit some important card to your opponent's strategy.

Also, a lot of times it's nice to set MST along with a few other cards - then if the opponent blind MSTs your MST he gets a fast minus one for his effort.
Ace

Ace

Duel Career : 8-0-3

YGOPro Name : Doodle

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:45 pm
I used to blind MST alot, but then I realised it was almost never effective. It took me a while to get there though, I wish I had read something like this guide earlier lol.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystical Space Typhoon.   Mystical Space Typhoon. Icon_m11

Mystical Space Typhoon.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1