Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 16-0-4

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Empty
PostSubject: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 pm
Match 1

Bujin vs. Evilswarm 0:2 - 10/10 points

Performance: 17/20 points

Duel 1: A very intense duel. You negotiated pretty well around my initial field. There were a lot of 1:1 exchanges, though eventually I did manage to make you lose all resources. I thought I was well in control - but then with zero hand and field you topped Rabbit. Well, guess it was your lucky day. After that I couldn't draw into my Tenki or Bear for 3 turns - and you got the win. GG

Duel 2: I started with a so-so hand but I thought Colosseum and book of moon would be a good defense. To continue your lucky day - you blind MSTd my book of moon + another MST on Colosseum + Rabbit. Well, from there I just didn't get anything that could beat Ophion + 4 back row.

In general you've played well in this match. The most significant questionable play that I spotted was when you've wasted all your cards in duel 1 vs my grave effects. You only escaped that with that major major top deck of rabbit.

Deck: 18/20

A solid Evilswarm build. Mained Veilers are good in this format and the upstarts are a nice way to thin the deck. Black-Horn is another card which is very useful these days.
Your side deck choices with D-Fissure, Soul Drain and LIMs were a good choice and what I expected to see for this match up.

Match 2

Chronomaly vs. Harpies 1:1 - 6/10 points (Tie match)

Performance: 18/20

Duel 1: You've started with Monk throwing sign - even though I had veiler - it's still getting a big plus on the end phase. My hand was pretty stuck - and you also had warning when I summoned Tiras; that basically sealed it. Fast & easy win for you.

Duel 2: This time you had a pretty bad hand. I've managed to swing in some direct attacks with disk. You played the survival game pretty nicely with Encore and some traps that managed to get rid of my monsters; though you only had Maestroke for protection. Eventually I had more resources to make the power-play for the win.

Duel 3: The duel started slowly - you got the advantage via the magical hats for sign's effect. But you had a hand full of monsters, and I had veiler to negate your channeler. After a few turns again you had the Maestroke. I had a couple of traps ready there and another veiler. Too bad that at this point the connection was lost. I gave you the choice to take a draw match or replay the 3rd - and you opted for the draw.

Again, you've played well - I didn't notice any obvious big mistake. I won't fault you for that one obvious misclick error.

Deck: 16/20

You've played a sort of "turbo" Harpie engine - with 3 upstards and the monks. The 3 Hysteric Party might be a bit too much; I think 3rd Icarus or some other utility trap in place of 1 party might give a better balance. I guess that now and then you might have really bad hands with this (as happened in duel 2) but all in all seems like a good deck.
For side deck, you probably weren't that ready for Chronomaly. The XYZ Encore is OK - though with Chronomaly it's easy to re-XYZ the summoned materials. The Maxx "C" you added in the 3rd duel were the better choice.

Total: 85/100

Bonus:

Attitude: +2
Different decks: +3

Grand total points scored: 90/100

Congratulations! You've made it into Obelisk dorm. Hope you enjoy your new room. Smile
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Re-Test Results: Blackbeard 2ntv8so
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:03 pm
Congrats Mate Smile
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:28 pm
Thank you so much for the test! i'm really happy that it all worked out. in the end, you can't really prepare yourself for a format like this, without known meta. so i toke the 1 thing i knew, the mass of backrow the testers use(if it's hunders, BW and so on) and tried to take it to my advantage with infestation and Hunting Ground, and to understand the role of those decks. of course that topdeck in yugioh is much stronger then anything else...
Bout the harpies, party is basically a win condition like return, but ye bad hands do happen, that's why i used stuff like duality and upstart, i gotta draw what i need, it's not a regional where i can let go of one bad match.

Ty dova ^^
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:51 am
So now i'l be able to get my dorm? the forum has been closed just a short while after this test
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:45 am
Sabbaticus is do more important things for the forum like recruiting staff and trying to get an event up running, dorm changes I think will be taken care of in due time but until then this will have to wait probably. On top of that testing isn't really important now since I believe Sabbaticus was about to releases new system. Nevertheless you should be able to receive your blue as soon as all the main matter are taken care off
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: Blackbeard   Re-Test Results: Blackbeard Icon_m11

Re-Test Results: Blackbeard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1