HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Empty
PostSubject: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 pm
So like the post says will CEA be left to die again or do you guys think it will ever be able to get started again. CEA was doing ok at the start but without being able to add new staff & add new things it started to become inactive i think it really just needs another admin who will be around when Sabb is not which is easier said than done since u need someone who can be trusted & know what they are doing.CEA did have a few members willing to help & staff who would of put the work in if they could but without an admin it's hard to keep the academy active with new & interesting things & 1 of them would of probably have been to change CEA look so it showed it was starting new.

What do you guys think is it possible to get CEA going again or should it be left to die?

Last edited by Walshe on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:50 pm
Obviously none of the staff/people here want to forum to die out.

However, YGO in general seems to have lost a lot of its popularity and not many people here seem to be that interested (myself included).

We tried to get the forum back to how it was a few years ago due to such memories, but maybe it's time we let the memories stay as it is.

Unless the YGO game itself picks up, I don't think there is much CEA, or any other forum can do.
dubina

dubina

Duel Season : 5-0-3

Duel Career : 55-0-50

YGOPro Name : XXXXXXX

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:44 pm
lol what exactly do you expect from staff to do about it, its not their fault that the players don't want to play their events or on the other hand there are no events to play in.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:35 am
What's the lol about i never said it was the staffs fault & decato your comment is true but CEA needs newer members since there is not much of the older ones left dueling just look at my new academy it went from 0 members to 72 members mostly by devpro chats & server messages also there is RDA which restarted recently both can do daily events there is no reason CEA can't do it mostly just needs an active admin so staff can change things my forum did most things with 4 staff but that was with a active Admin CEA was always going to die again without one there is only so much the staff can do without the ability to make changes
Chaos Creator

Chaos Creator

Team : Gimme 1

Duel Season : 5-0-12

Duel Career : 32-0-53

YGOPro Name : ChaosCreator

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm
wel honestly cea already did die out.... the problem i saw was that everything took too long to set up and most people didnt have the patience to wait
another thing is that the testing system was removed which was a LARGE part of the activity from before and when it came back it was just BAs and wars and even the wars werent actually going to be added to ELO so really all cea had was BA/SAs and 1 battle city tournament (ty deca) so with such a minimal amount of activities it was bound to die out since no1 was going to wait forever for a new war manager and pretty much most other staf and system.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:20 am
Darn it, I checked back and was happy to see CEA back, but with the great (cough) number of events going on here, it seems, it got back a month and began to get worse after. I'd like to ask this question that can't be answered with precision: How long will it take for this specific website for YGO to get back to what it was, even if it is just what it was in 2013.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:42 am
It is impossible unless the community picks up YGO activity I'm afraid. We can have a forum with tons of events (which we don't I'm afraid)/wars/whatever, we had difficulty finding enough people for my BC tournament alone; and most of them were staff/those who stayed with us for years.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:04 pm
I know it's maybe a bit out of the topic, but what made CEA close for 10 months last year?
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:44 pm
Shawn112 wrote:
I know it's maybe a bit out of the topic, but what made CEA close for 10 months last year?

There was a few reason like some staff not doing their jobs,some people were leaving for other ygo academies or to make their own actively was dropping & like decato says people were losing interest in playing yugioh & went to other games like league of legends & sabb didn't want to run CEA anymore for a few reasons you can read in some of the posts around the forum. CEA only came back awhile ago because pyro & a few other people got together a bunch of CEA members in a skype chat then asked Sabb to start it again.

https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t7176-wake-up-call
https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t6836-what-do-you-want-more-of-from-cea
Etc
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:17 am
I'm wandering what would someone registering here, today, without knowing CEA's situation would think of this academy.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:14 pm
It sure does look like it.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:25 pm
Things took long to set up for a reason that was out of anyone's hand. First of all, I don't believe there was anything that we regular staff could do that we didn't do.

The second thing is that Sabb was busy with work(which is understandable of course) .. I understand that y'all have patience and I admit that things were coming slow but no one ever questioned about why were things coming slow in the first place which lead to the current state.

Aang and myself were helping with the war section as best as we could, we took care of all the old wars/bas and we even had an idea for a Tag arena with it's separate record and sub-forum from the regular arena duels. Pyro, Dragoon and Jaaden were basically helping with everything that is left. We had 3 threads in the staff section detailing the new system that was going to replace the dorms but it wasn't ready yet.

@dubina You have 527 posts .. Is one, if any of those posts productive to the forum in any way?
dubina

dubina

Duel Season : 5-0-3

Duel Career : 55-0-50

YGOPro Name : XXXXXXX

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:15 am
Slade wrote:

@dubina You have 527 posts .. Is one, if any of those posts productive to the forum in any way?

lol how exactly did I end up being part of your post lol. and lol you are welcomed to go over those 527 posts and get back here about your findings regarding the productivity of my posts lol but I mostly sure that you wont find any lol
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:43 am
lol dub aha

So the bottom line is you can't solely rely on staff, the community has to chip in as well, more so now since cea just came back up a few months ago. You can't expect it to have the activity it once did over night, its going to take some time. But as Dec ygo seems to be dying, though i doubt its the whole reason cea's dead, just one of the many.
As for events, you can rely on the staff, but there is an item in the shop that allows you to make your event and I don't anyone has actually bought it or tried to at least host their own?. Just saying aha,

But yeah good luck
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 am
Does someone knows why it seems to be worse now than in January?
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:16 pm
Liyana wrote:
lol dub aha

So the bottom line is you can't solely rely on staff, the community has to chip in as well, more so now since cea just came back up a few months ago. You can't expect it to have the activity it once did over night, its going to take some time. But as Dec ygo seems to be dying, though i doubt its the whole reason cea's dead, just one of the many.
As for events, you can rely on the staff, but there is an item in the shop that allows you to make your event and I don't anyone has actually bought it or tried to at least host their own?. Just saying aha,

But yeah good luck
I disagree. It's the staff's job and purpose to provide a nice and interesting environment for members to be active in. This wasn't-- and still hasn't been created, so people lost interest (again).
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm
Well, in my opinion I think Liyana has a point, a staff without members is as useful as members without staff.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm
Now apply that same logic to what I said and you'll see where it went wrong.

Keep in mind that members don't have an obligation to stay if it is uninteresting; would you rather see a live performance of a band sitting on their behinds and doing absolutely nothing, or see a live performance of a band playing music? It's up to the staff to start playing music for members to enjoy.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Nu you disagree you nub, nah but yeah nick has a valid point,
how ironic the topic about the site being dead is having the most activity
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 am
I heard that you had administration experience from other places, Nick. I am sure you understand that all the staff in the world can't do a thing without at least one admin.
Icingsugar

Icingsugar

YGOPro Name : Izzy

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 am
It looks inevitable that this is the end. For me pendulum summoning and multi field spells finished my interest in the game. I would like to thank all those who at least tried to bring the forum back to life and I'm sorry its not been enough. For me it was not the band that sat on their arse's but the stage crew who weren't willing to do their part to make things rock.

Wish you all, all the best and hope you find something that suits you!

Luv Izzy
Shawn112

Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm
Is that me or is everytime there is a topic speaking of CEA being in a bad situation, there is a lot of people on that topic?
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:43 am
academies are dying out mostly because it's just easier to contact and duel with friends via skype, than it is to hang around in a forumotion chatbox that logs you out after a period of inactivity.
Lovemuffin

Lovemuffin

Duel Career : 18-0-19

YGOPro Name : Lovemuffin

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:40 pm
I say in the future their will be no point in forums because, people are just going to stop playing ygopro.
Azi

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm
Not enough drive is all, gotta want it
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? Icon_m11

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next