HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 pm
First topic message reminder :

So like the post says will CEA be left to die again or do you guys think it will ever be able to get started again. CEA was doing ok at the start but without being able to add new staff & add new things it started to become inactive i think it really just needs another admin who will be around when Sabb is not which is easier said than done since u need someone who can be trusted & know what they are doing.CEA did have a few members willing to help & staff who would of put the work in if they could but without an admin it's hard to keep the academy active with new & interesting things & 1 of them would of probably have been to change CEA look so it showed it was starting new.

What do you guys think is it possible to get CEA going again or should it be left to die?

Last edited by Walshe on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

AuthorMessage
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm
Well, in my opinion I think Liyana has a point, a staff without members is as useful as members without staff.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:28 pm
Now apply that same logic to what I said and you'll see where it went wrong.

Keep in mind that members don't have an obligation to stay if it is uninteresting; would you rather see a live performance of a band sitting on their behinds and doing absolutely nothing, or see a live performance of a band playing music? It's up to the staff to start playing music for members to enjoy.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 pm
Nu you disagree you nub, nah but yeah nick has a valid point,
how ironic the topic about the site being dead is having the most activity
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:21 am
I heard that you had administration experience from other places, Nick. I am sure you understand that all the staff in the world can't do a thing without at least one admin.
Icingsugar

Icingsugar

Duel Season : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : Izzy

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:38 am
It looks inevitable that this is the end. For me pendulum summoning and multi field spells finished my interest in the game. I would like to thank all those who at least tried to bring the forum back to life and I'm sorry its not been enough. For me it was not the band that sat on their arse's but the stage crew who weren't willing to do their part to make things rock.

Wish you all, all the best and hope you find something that suits you!

Luv Izzy
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:50 pm
Is that me or is everytime there is a topic speaking of CEA being in a bad situation, there is a lot of people on that topic?
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:43 am
academies are dying out mostly because it's just easier to contact and duel with friends via skype, than it is to hang around in a forumotion chatbox that logs you out after a period of inactivity.
Lovemuffin

Lovemuffin

Duel Career : 18-0-19

YGOPro Name : Lovemuffin

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:40 pm
I say in the future their will be no point in forums because, people are just going to stop playing ygopro.
Azi

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm
Not enough drive is all, gotta want it
Tears0flife

Tears0flife

Team : Tenchu Assassins

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YCC Bronze
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:49 pm
Well the german/english community from devpro is still active.
maybe the problem is, that there are to many forums instead of one main forum.

Look at Devpro...the game refers to the forum

by the way Tenchu <3333

greetz
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:13 pm
oh **** it's tears xd long time no see

I think only way for CEA to come back now would be as a different forum with maybe 1 section for yugioh if you look at who is posting in this topic it's old CEA members & most have stopped dueling or don't play as much CEA also only has a small amount of time left if it wants to come back because there is only a few of us who have the experience to make the changes to CEA other than Sabb left forums but r still about but not for long.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 am
Slade wrote:
I heard that you had administration experience from other places, Nick. I am sure you understand that all the staff in the world can't do a thing without at least one admin.

I've only been admin on one site, which had already survived for over two years before I gained that power. Content was always made because of the staff members, who simply made topics and discussions and advertised them in their signature spaces. It really is that easy. Shouldn't be waiting for an admin to make a cool banner for it to start.

By the way, it's still not too late. The forum can still be revived as long as it remains open. Wink
dubina

dubina

Duel Season : 5-0-3

Duel Career : 55-0-50

YGOPro Name : XXXXXXX

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:41 pm
NickV wrote:
Slade wrote:

I've only been admin on one site, which had already survived for over two years before I gained that power. Content was always made because of the staff members, who simply made topics and discussions and advertised them in their signature spaces. It really is that easy. Shouldn't be waiting for an admin to make a cool banner for it to start.

By the way, it's still not too late. The forum can still be revived as long as it remains open. Wink

lol never saw a moderator that cant moderate without admin, except here lol.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 pm
So who is up for trying to get CEA active again?
The staff r not about so the members will have to do it ourselves i say we try by each taking a section
& posting in it.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:54 am
Might be easier to just start another academy, without Sabb our mods has no access to codes and despite me trying to create some sort of activity its clear there is only a handful of people.

(Create a CEA team on DN anyone?)
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:52 am
We tried, man. We tried, and it just trailed off again.

I can't moderate posts that don't exist.

Eventually Dovah got too busy to dedicate time to the forum and Sabb had too much real-life work to do to be able to admin.

So where do we go from there? We did all we could without the assistance of Sabb, we tried (and succeeded to a point) to get teams going again but it's not enough, and for this forum I don't know what will be.

I'd love to see this forum buzzing with activity but people have other commitments that they have to prioritise.

In regards to Nick's fitting metaphor, a band can't play music without instruments in some shape or form, we needed Sabb and he's simply too busy. I'm not much of a solo artist.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 pm
What i would like to know though is why did sabb agree to bring CEA back if he wasn't going to be around to admin it he could of easily of made someone with admin experience like dova r nick admin for when he wasn't around.
Aang

Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 pm
Dovah didn't even have the time to moderate, nevermind administrate. No clue for Nick. I have admin experience but I couldn't do it alone, because then we'd have needed more mods as I'm currently the only one.

Honestly, we were putting up all we could, trying to get teams going, battle city, weekly bashes, but activity always dies out and people lose interest.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 pm
There is quite a few of us on CEA with admin experience so you guys wouldn't have to do it all alone i would of give you guys a hand with that when needed & could of asked the ERA/NOA staff to help you guys as well i'm sure the guys over at RDA would help out to if asked also people lost interest because of how slow things were & there was no recruiting so no new members coming to CEA so CEA was trying to host events with what was left of the old members if we want to bring CEA back we need to have a talk with sabb sometime & ask him to make someone admin who that will be who knows but will need to be someone who will take hard decisions & get the staff working together.
Azi

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 pm
Nothing will happen with this as is.

With no admin i doubt things will continue in anyway. There was to be this hierarchy you see, because without that no one can officially get anything done. It would all remain social speculation until proven otherwise(by an admin).

Aang<3 is right on this though.

As for Sabb not promoting anyone before he left again? easy answer, he doesn't care simply.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:26 pm
Azi wrote:
easy answer, he doesn't care simply.

^That is pretty much what is going on right now.

People need to understand how the FM administration is set up. We did everything that was in our hands but without that one thing which is access to the admin panel, we couldn't progress anymore.

NickV wrote:
Content was always made because of the staff members, who simply made topics and discussions and advertised them in their signature spaces. It really is that easy. Shouldn't be waiting for an admin to make a cool banner for it to start.

Easier said than done. @NickV
Aang

Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:37 pm
Great to see you again, Azi. <3
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:20 am
If Sabb won't keep CEA going why not do what it did before From NEDA & make a new forum u guys could move things there & could make a post here saying CEA moved to the new site i'm sure Sabb wouldn't care about the post.

I'm also willing to give you guys ERA instead of you guys having to make a new forum u can change it's name & do what you want with it there is also a way forumotion has to take the founder account from someone but the founder must not have been connected for at least six months which probably won't happened since Sabb logs in every so often.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 pm
This is something I think you should discuss with those interested on Skype. Not sure if how much worth I'll be, but if people want to start again I'll get back into YGO (lost interest as nobody around me plays).
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm
Well I will do as much as I can Cuz tbh I am the same.as Decato so I have lost interest in YGO but if you guys want I can try and get something done as long as it is within my power. Unfortunately I have no access to Skype till June probably so I can't access it atm.
But for now I suppose I will try and keep dice games going I guess
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?   What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again? - Page 2 Icon_m11

What's going to happen with CEA will it just Die again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next