YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Yang Zing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Yang Zing Guide   Yang Zing Guide Icon_m11Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 pm
Yang Zing Guide DKfkApz

Yang Zing's has always been a deck with potential, however in a meta of 3 Vanity's and 1st turn locks with Nekroz the deck slowly faded away. You may not agree with me, but I truly do think that Yang Zing's are a very powerful deck now and we will see them top very soon.

Yang Zings are the first archetype with the newly released (well it's been a while now) Wyrm-type monsters. While there are new Pendulum Yang Zing support, I think it is only competitive when focused on a pure Synchro build. Each Yang Zing (or Fire Star) monster adds an different effect to the Synchro summoned monster and when it is destroyed (by effects AND battle), it can summon another from the deck.

So let's see, a archetype that focuses on Synchro summons (you can synchro summon on your opponent's turn) and also maintain field presence since all your monsters are floaters. Oh and a meta where Vanity's Emptiness is limited... you should be sold on the deck by now.

Like I said before there are Pendulum support cards and many variants,  however, I will mainly focus on the staple cards needed for the Synchro build which (as of now) is no doubt the most competitive.

*Note that these are my personal opinions after extensive testing and cards that are not listed may still be useful*

Main Cards

Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing (LIGHT/Wyrm/Level 1/Tuner)
You can only use 1 "Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
When this card you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck, except "Chiwen, Light of the Yang Zing".
When a "Yang Zing" monster you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If Summoned this way, banish this card when it leaves the field.

Decent card, it can be special summoned from the graveyard to make interesting Synchro plays. While it doesn't seem too impressive when compared to our other Yang Zing monsters, it is a crucial aspect of our combos. Run 3.

Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing (DARK/Wyrm/Tuner/Level 2)
When this card you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck in Attack Position, except "Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing". If you control no other monsters: You can send 2 "Yang Zing" cards from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster with 0 ATK and 1 "Yang Zing" monster with 0 DEF from your Deck, but banish them during the End Phase. You can only use 1 "Jiaotu, Darkness of the Yang Zing" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Now the card that really gives the deck speed. Discard 2 Yang Zing cards (in my deck I run 18 Yang Zing cards so it's rarely dead) to special summon another 2 from your deck. Special Summon from deck + Deck thinning = First turn Baxia/Yazi. Run 2-3.

Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing (WATER/Wyrm/Level 2)
When this card you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, except "Bixi, Water of the Yang Zing". You can only use this effect of "Bixi, Cosmic Dragon of Water" once per turn.
Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using only "Yang Zing" monsters you control as the Synchro Materials (this is a Quick Effect).
A Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material is unaffected by Trap effects.

My god! This card! Yes it can search out other Yang Zing's when destroyed and you can Synchro summon on your opponents turn. But the important thing is any Synchro monster that used Bixi as material is unaffected by Trap cards. Run 3!

Here I just want to give a special shout out to Pulao, Wind of the Yang Zing which is the same as Bixi but gives Synchro monsters the ability to be unaffected by Spell cards. I don't run it after testing but 1-2 copies are useful for those pesky Stormforth or Raigeki/Dark Hole.

Bian, Earth of the Yang Zing (EARTH/Wyrm/Level 3)
When this card you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position, except "Bian, Earth of the Yang Zing". You can only use this effect of "Bian, Earth of the Yang Zing" once per turn.
Once per turn, during your opponent's Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster using only "Yang Zing" monsters you control as the Synchro Materials (this is a Quick Effect).
A Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material cannot be destroyed by battle.

See a pattern? Search another Yang Zing when destroyed + You can Synchro summon on your opponent's turn + Additional effect when it is used as a material for a Synchro monster. Bian makes your Synchro monsters indestructible by battle; always useful. Run 3.

Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing (FIRE/Wyrm/Level 4)
When this card you control is destroyed by battle or by card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Yang Zing" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position, except "Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing". You can only use this effect of "Suanni, Fire of the Yang Zing" once per turn.
A Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material gains 500 ATK and DEF.

See a pattern? Blablabla (same effect). While Suanni's additional effect of extra 500 ATK and DEF for the Synchro is nothing to laugh at it does seem a bit underwhelming. However, it makes up for it by being a LV 4 and a beater at 1900 ATK. Run 3.

Yang Zing Path (Normal Spell)
You can only activate 1 "Yang Zing Comet Trail" per turn.
Target 3 "Yang Zing" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle those 3 monsters into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

It is very easy to load your graveyard with 3 Yang Zing monsters; like ridiculously easy. An easy draw card with an instant +1, what's not to love? Run 2-3.

Baxia, Brightness of the Yang Zing (LIGHT/Wyrm/Level 8/Synchro)
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Wyrm-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target cards on the field, up to the number of different original Attributes among the Wyrm-Type monsters used as Synchro Materials for its Synchro Summon; shuffle those targets into the Deck.
Once per turn: You can target 1 card you control and 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; destroy that target on the field, and if you do, Special Summon that other monster from your Graveyard.

This card is ridiculous when used correctly. First it has the ability to bounce cards on the field depending on the attributes of the Wyrm-type monsters used for its summon (and do note all Yang Zing's have different attributes). Potentially, that is up to 3 free bounces when it is summoned. That being said, it is its second ability that really stands out; destroy 1 card you control and special summon one LV 4 or lower from your graveyard (doesn't have to be a Yang Zing). The most common combo with this is:

Summon Baxia - bounce cards - target itself/another Yang Zing you control and special summon a Yang Zing from grave - use effect of the destroyed Yang Zing/Baxia to special summon another Yang Zing from the deck.

Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing (DARK/Wyrm/Level 7/Synchro)
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. You can only use each of these effects of "Yazi, Evil of the Yang Zing" once per turn.
● You can target 1 "Yang Zing" monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them.
● When this card you control is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck in Defense Position.

Think of Yazi as a mini-Leo that is much easier to summon. You can also destroy one Yang Zing monster you control to destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Simple, but brilliant.

Chaofeng, Phantom of the Yang Zing (LIGHT/Wyrm/Level 9/Synchro)
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
While this Synchro Summoned card is on the field, your opponent cannot activate effects of monsters with the same original Attribute(s) as the "Yang Zing" monster(s) used for the Synchro Summon of this card. When this Synchro Summoned card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, when a monster(s) your opponent controls is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Wyrm-Type monster from your Deck, in Defense Position, whose original Attribute matches the original Attribute that 1 of those destroyed monsters had on the field.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this card originally. It is not the most simple of cards to summon but relatively easy. It provides a great lock against most decks. Jiaotu makes this easily with Suanni+Bian / Bixi+Taotie which will lock down most decks. While Baxia/Yazi/Other Synchros are generally more preferable, Chaofeng provides a lock that counters many decks.

Other Cards

All the other Yang Zings
Powerful Rebirth/Call of the Haunted
Night Dracolich
Imperial Iron Wall
Skill Drain
Masked Chameleon
Dark Hole
Supply Squad
Archfiend Eater
Forbidden Chalice
Level Eater
Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan
Instant Fusion/Noden
Emergency Teleport/Yuki Usagi
Mistake
Breakthrough Skill

Deck Skeleton

3 x Suanni
3 x Bian
3 x Bixi
3 x Jiaotu
3 x Chiwen
1 x Soul Charge
3 x Yang Zing Path
3 x Powerful Rebirth

Weakness

Any card that removes from play/restricts Special Summons really hurts Yang Zings. You can also play smart and don't destroy their monsters and allow them to special summon another from deck as aside from monsters being destroyed, the deck has no search/draw power. Due to their reliance on different attributes cards like Gozen Match (and even Clear World for fun) hurts the deck.

Side cards

Vanity's Emptiness
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
Macro Cosmos
Dimensional Fissure
Soul Drain
Deck Lockdown
Discord
Gozen Match
Maxx C
Summon Limit
Lava Golem
Dark Law (any Dark + Mask Change Second)

There are more options of course, but these are the generic side cards that are quite useful vs. them.

That is everything for now, hope you enjoyed the guide and have fun with them. If you have any questions just send me a PM or post it here. wave
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Yang Zing Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Yang Zing Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Yang Zing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yang Zing Guide   Yang Zing Guide Icon_m11Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 pm
hmm havin seen the pure build do much outside the ocg probably because of last format yang-zing they r a good deck but good players can just play around them miss their timings etc the ocg has been making the most of yang-zing will be interesting to see yang-zing get more play & change up the meta a bit
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Yang Zing Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Yang Zing Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Yang Zing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yang Zing Guide   Yang Zing Guide Icon_m11Sat May 30, 2015 2:11 am
What a coincidence, i just leave my Qlis after nats for Scout or bust strategy that pisses me off, and YZ appeal to me very much these days. idk how competitive are they, nekroz seems hard and bringing Feng each game is optimistic, but 1 month from now with nekroz and probably shaddols getting weakened, this can even become better. Noden is a problem, but at least we can play on him as well.

1 Thing i don't like about Jiatou is that everyone veilers now, and with noden coming out people will need their effect negation, i just hate losing my hand for nothing. i seriously doubt putting him for more then being another yz and a dark one.

1 of the things i'v seen right away is how maxed BTS is important in here. popular winda is a problem, stellar in general are a problem, dark law by all means, ophion if you go law tables WHICH can happen if your'e a yz player... and unicore.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Yang Zing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yang Zing Guide   Yang Zing Guide Icon_m11Sun May 31, 2015 4:24 am
Yeah that is an issue with Jiatou, but that really depends on the meta. If your meta is full of Nekroz (which it will be) then EV isn't played that much. Eitherway, I would still say 3 is needed for the deck though.
Sponsored content

Yang Zing Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yang Zing Guide   Yang Zing Guide Icon_m11

Yang Zing Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1