HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nichigo

Nichigo

Team : Super Friends

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... 2ntv8so
1st Division

Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Empty
PostSubject: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 am
This is just a heads up:

ChaosSatella and I will be working on individual ELO ratings for wars soon. Basically, each person that duels, or has ever dueled, in a war will have their own personal ranking. The purpose for creating these rankings is so that everyone can see how they perform relative to everyone else that wars.

INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS ARE NOT IMPORTANT.

You do not get anything for them and they do not affect your Team's ELO rating...so please do not start scheming about how you can inflate your ranking. Just duel. Your rating will take care of itself and display exactly how you're performing relative to everyone else.

Also, just to clarify, these rankings are for wars only. BA's and SA's are not included in these rankings.

So what do I need from you guys?

I need all war histories to be cleanly, clearly, and accurately formatted. Individual elos will be calculated based on what the detailed war histories reflect. Some of the histories lately have been hard to read. Here are some guidelines on making a clear history:

*Color code the teams so each members' team association is unmistakeable. It's difficult to check histories where color codes aren't used because I need to look up to the list to verify which team each person is on.

*Keep the match winner on the left, and the loser on the right. This allows me to see VERY clearly who won and who lost.

*Use full, forum names. Do not abbreviate them, and do not use nicknames. I will be adding the rankings to the names that are listed exactly as they are listed. If you do not type their name out exactly, there is a possibility that their ranking will be added under a different, mispelled name.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 am
Nichi just a heads up

All of the wars where i have made the first post (so hearts war histories etc...)

I have made

GREEN: Win
RED:Loss

And everyone on the left side is on Genesis and on the right is the other team

Example:
Genesis vs Random
Liyana vs Random 1 2-0
Liyana vs Random 2 0-2

Again this is what i did, not sure what others did
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:17 am
Yep you guys have been good. There are others out there though lol.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am
Bumping this as a reminder.

Individual rankings are going up VERY soon...possibly within the next week or so. So please keep your histories clean!
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 am
Actually I do mine differently. I put the win first, loss 2nd, and colour the teams with red and green. Team 1 = green, team 2 = red. That way it's clear who the winner and loser is, and from which team. So it seperates it and makes it clearer

Example:
Dreamstate vs Random
Sabbaticus vs Random 1 2-0
Random 1 vs Sabbaticus 0-2
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 am
Doesn't matter really... I usually check everyday and I need timestamps since the order of the matches matter and there can be overlap as teams play multiple wars at once. If you could put all the timestamps of every match in the same time zone... say GMT-8 (PST), for EVERY single war thread, it would make it easier. There's also the fact that some people don't update the first post immediately...

I've done the first 103 out of 345 total matches - rankings aren't in place yet since it's not complete but you can see how the ratings have shifted. I think this will be the last update of the individual ratings until I finish my finals and grad school apps:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArM63L8AWf7OdHVTTXg1YlVyb2cydGlzc0U3NnBUd2c#gid=8

W-L record is also done.
Liyana

Liyana

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 am
Confused about the time stamps :S
some if they have time explain please thnks

and gl in your finals
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:06 am
Liyana wrote:
Confused about the time stamps :S
some if they have time explain please thnks

and gl in your finals

The reason timestamps are needed is because the order in which matches are done is important when calculating the ratings. For example:

We'll look at what happens to Player A's rating if his matches were flipped..

Player A (1500) vs Player B (1500): Player A goes to 1507.5
Player C (1500) 2 - 0 Player A (1507.5) Player A drops to 1499.84

Now we'll see what happens if Player A lost against Player C first, then beat Player B:
Player C (1500) 2 - 0 Player A (1500): Player A drops to 1492.5
Player A (1492.5) 2- 0 Player B (1500) Player A goes to 1500.16

So in the first case, Player A has 1499.84, but in the second one, he has 1500.16. It seems small at first, but it snowballs if there's a ton of them. It's mostly because teams play in multiple wars at once, but we want that activity.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 am
chaos we're not going to do time stamps. That makes things too complicated. We are only going to tally match counts at the end of a war. We're not going to update them as they're completed.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 am
Nichigo wrote:
chaos we're not going to do time stamps. That makes things too complicated. We are only going to tally match counts at the end of a war. We're not going to update them as they're completed.

oh... well... I guess I'll do that with the next wars... less war stalking for me at least. So yeah, disregard the last 2 posts I made cheers
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am
LOL

So regarding the lost war posts on NEDA. I have only lost 1 war match out of all the wars, which is on here. I think against mlangit it was 2-1 to me, and I'm not 100% on who my other opp was, I think I went 2-0 against Reaper. That was our only war on NEDA. I can only recall myself, but we will still try recover those posts.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 am
It's either all or nothing. If we start doing this with just the CEA stuff, there is no going back because we would have to start ALL over if the NEDA stuff came up later.

I wouldn't worry about it tbh. Like I said in the first post, individual elo means nothing. It's literally just bragging rights and for comparisons' sake.

If this becomes a hassle we won't even do it because it's a chunk out of our time to do.
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 am
Yeah I gathered that. I didnt' think it would count for anything. Either way just trying to recall my own, if everyone can do that and with confirmation it would be the same as recovering the threads. But if we can't recover them then obviously it would be best to just go ahead without any of the NEDA wars.

I'm surprised you guys are even doing individual ratings. I can imagine it must be as task. But know that it is greatly appreciated and I'm sure everyone will enjoy the perks and extra bits like this that comes with Team Wars.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm
THanks. Well we are probably just going to use the CEA stuff cuz it would be a hassle to get everyone's info from CEA without an actual thread. I personally can't remember any of my Duels and I had quite a few.

We'll get a fresh start next season...but for now we'll just have to deal with the slight inaccuracy of hte rankings.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...   Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon... Icon_m11

Keep your history lists clean...Individual ELO's coming soon...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1