HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nichigo

Nichigo

Team : Super Friends

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! 2ntv8so
1st Division

2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm
Some of you have heard me mention the warzone playoffs. Well, it is a real thing, and it is going to be happening in less than two month!

What is it exactly?

The playoffs is a bracketed tournament that pits the top teams against each other in a single elimination tournament. The winner of the final war is declared the Champion of CEA for that season! Additionally, all duels during the playoffs will be assigned a K value of 25 (we usually use 15). This means that increases and decreases in rating will be larger than regular wars. It gives more weight to the playoffs and puts more on the line for each team!

How does a team qualify for the tournament?

The TOP 6 teams from the regular season make the cut to the playoffs. Furthermore, to qualify, a team must have completed a minimum of 8 wars. This is to avoid teams from being inactive and "holding" their ranking as well as keep brand new teams that join from qualifying for the playoffs without putting in any work. So if your team has not completed 8 wars, get to it!

Are there any advantages to being a higher rank during the regular season?

YES! First, the top 2 teams get a round 1 bye in the playoffs! In addition, the higher ranking teams get to play against the lower ranking teams sooner. This theoretically makes the path to victory easier for the teams that have earned a high rank during the season.

When do the playoffs start?

I do not have a solid date yet, but I am shooting for the first week of February 2013. This will give us about a month to complete the tournament until the new banlist is released March 1st.

The reason I am posting this now is so that teams can start completing more wars in preparation for the post-season. If, for some reason, you are struggling with activity, find a way to resolve it, and start warring now! Two months is alot of time to get in the wars you'll need to qualify for the playoffs.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 pm
One thing you forgot here Nich is this is probably going to happen . The World might end sooner , so no need to make plans for IF there is going to be a future !

Either way , 2 months is a long time wait , so I don't believe there is going to be a team withouth 8 wars by then .

Last edited by cecko0o0o0o0o0 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:

Either way , 2 months is a long time wait , so I don't believe there is going to be a team withouth 8 wars by then .

That's what I'm hoping.
Shubz

Shubz

Team : Trojan

Duel Career : 28-0-15

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm
Quote :
I personally think its unfair that we dont get the win against BC you should just type the score as it is and give the win since its not our fault, If you are inactive in a war you lose a heart automatically so how is it fair that when a team disbands the same rule isnt applied...I know win doesnt count anymore but its a little silly not having a record of a war that we had..A war should only be "INCOMPLETE" when one of two teams is at fault... At the end of the day its up to Nichigo but im just saying what i think is right..I would like to add other comparisons but i wont since there is no point until i get a reply..

It seems there is another reason why it is unfair we didnt get the win...
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:44 pm
Shubz wrote:
Quote :
I personally think its unfair that we dont get the win against BC you should just type the score as it is and give the win since its not our fault, If you are inactive in a war you lose a heart automatically so how is it fair that when a team disbands the same rule isnt applied...I know win doesnt count anymore but its a little silly not having a record of a war that we had..A war should only be "INCOMPLETE" when one of two teams is at fault... At the end of the day its up to Nichigo but im just saying what i think is right..I would like to add other comparisons but i wont since there is no point until i get a reply..

It seems there is another reason why it is unfair we didnt get the win...

You should check the records before you start whining...again.
Shubz

Shubz

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 pm
thank you for changing that rule...you could have replied to my PM saying that you had done so..but yeah thanks Smile
Nichigo

Nichigo

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:52 pm
I did not change any rule. That rule is still in effect. The only reason I gave it to you is because BC fell apart right in the middle of it. Any other circumstance and it would still be how it was before.

Also tbh, i didn't want to reply to your PM cuz I'm tired of people whining...esp about things that don't matter (i.e. doesn't affect your ranking).

Even if i hadn't counted that game, you would have only had to do 4 more wars in the next 2 months to hit your 8 games. That is completely reasonable.

Anyway, the reason I started this thread this early is so ppl can start bumping up their activity and getting their 8 wars. not so ppl could cry more (although I fully expected it).

Less Crying, more dueling
I'm going to talk to Sabb about making that the slogan for this site.

Last edited by Nichigo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Shubz

Shubz

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:06 am
Thanks for changing the rule for when teams get disbanded thats what i was asking for..but yeah its all good you don't need to reply to anyone
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:10 am
wow nichigo chill, you sound like sabba when he gets into his strop mode... I hope this isn't a personal grudge coz Trojan beat Superfriends... Anyways nice idea with the play offs.. i just hope everyone can stay professional...
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Duel Career : 15-0-9

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am
Salik wrote:
I hope this isn't a personal grudge coz Trojan beat Superfriends...
That was so 10 wars ago. Sorry but none of us have time to remember the little people.
xDeckShufflex

xDeckShufflex

Duel Career : 130-0-57

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 am
These play-offs sound quite interesting Nichigo,nice!

And lol yeah i agree with the:

Quote :
Less Crying, more dueling
Mister

Team : PaLaDinS

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:11 am
It's very nice that we are going to have a team tournament soon, we really are lacking this! But in my personal opinion, ALL the teams that have completed at least 8 wars should have the chance to take part in the competition, for example, Lethal Bullets, UltimateBros and Lords of Darkness are active teams, they have completed many wars, they have some very good players and it would be unfair if they don't get the chance to fight for the ultimate glory just because of the "ranking". In competitions like this, when players are super motivated to give their best (because a war in the end is just a war, a tournament is totally different) ANYTHING can happen, even the underdog can beat the favorite.

But I can't decide anything here, so I just give an opinion, maybe you could organize some kind of a "playoff" for 1 more spot between the teams who are in the bottom of the table?

Also, Nichigo, as I told you before by skype, I really want to help the managment of CEA to organize some tournaments because I have a very big experience dealing with things like these and I want our Academy to improve and be better, better and better, to have more players and more teams, but if there is a lack of competition and fun (no team tourneys, no individual tourneys, we only have the weekly bashes, but this is just like fast food) it will be more difficult to build a big community of duelists.

Last edited by Mister on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:22 am
Mister wrote:
I want our Academy to improve and be better, better and better, to have more players and more teams, but if there is a lack of competition and fun (no team tourneys, no individual tourneys, we only have the weekly bashes, but this is just like fast food) it will be more difficult to build a big community of duelists.

Team tourneys - there's one comming up . More teams - that relies on the number of unemployed/teamless people and the people who think they can handle being a team leader . Individual tourneys - I'll name you some - Weekly Bash , Battle City has begun , CEA Official Event ( starting on 3th of January ) , Deck Roullette , there is also the option to buy your own event in the Main Shop ( Decato and Hostile purchased some of those items and you can check " Hostile's DP Party " to view the results of that ) .

So I don't think we're missing on events at this moment .
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 am
Off topic but just to respond... I think the reason people don't see there being many events is because 2 of the events are already near the end which means it already has a fixed bracket with no new entries. So currently there is the Weekly Bash, as well as open sign-ups for the big tournament in January. The Deck Roulette was pending due to my absence, but now that I am back I can finalize all that's needed for it to kick off in January.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:34 am
I kind of get what you're saying Mister. The 6 team limit was put in place to create a more competitive setting as you could easily just "throw" 8 wars and qualify. A playoff for the final spot or 2 between the lowest-ranked qualifying teams might be possible... But Nichi and I would need to discuss how it would work (cutoffs, rules, etc.) if he even agrees to implementing it. For now, it might be possible to include all qualified teams, but in the future, when there are hopefully more teams, we'd need a strict cutoff or else playoffs would drag on for months.

For team tourneys and stuff, you'd probably need to talk with Sabb about that. I think any tourney not related to the ratings should be handled by an Event Manager. A full-blown war tourney would probably be too much, but I'm guessing your plan is mostly like the IBs of YO3, which should be fine.

I have a few ideas as well... mostly like an all-star tourney of sorts. It's still in the "stuck-in-my-head" phase of planning so it probably won't be in place until next season. The basic idea is like the one Hostile and Lord's hosting, but only specific players can join based on their rating. Winner would be like the MVP or something. I'm also coming up with formulas for DP prizes for war matches - this is a little closer to being completely fleshed out.

PS - typing paragraphs on an iPhone sucks...
Mister

Team : PaLaDinS

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:17 pm
Yes, my friend Smile something like the IB would kick the popularity of our forum straight to the skies, many people and teams would register in the forum and join this event, specially if there are some good prizes, like for example a super HQ signature for the winning team, a title under their names in this forum or things like that, don't know now, need to think about worthy prizes.

And yes, you're right about the top 6 teams to qualify, but right now we have not so many teams here. maybe 8 would be better with the current situation? 4 teams placed in one group, 4 in another (so 3 wars for each team at the group stage), the 2 bests of each group qualify to direct eliminations and face each other (A1 vs. B2, B1 vs. A2).

Well, just some ideas Smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!   2012 Winter Playoffs Information!  Please Read! Icon_m11

2012 Winter Playoffs Information! Please Read!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1