Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Bar-st1013%Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Bar-en10
 13% [ 2 ]
I don't know
Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Bar-st1020%Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Bar-en10
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 pm
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys! Smile

This is my Chaos Dragons Deck, it's a work-in-progress and any help would be much appreciated.

So without further ado, here's the deck list:

Screenshot

Spoiler:

List

Spoiler:
And that, is that.
I'm pretty sure most of the cards are self-explanatory but if your unsure, just ask and I'll explain its purpose in my deck.

Also, if you wanna duel to see how it runs, just PM me any time! Smile

Once again, any criticism is helpful.

Thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by redj101 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Deck changes)

AuthorMessage
Neocryx

Neocryx

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm
Dark Coffin is an interesting card, but I dunno if it's really worth it to try. It's a trap that you can't even activate which obviously slows down the deck and the chances of it being milled over being drawn are pretty high. A better alternative if you really want to try something like that would be Silver Sentinel. If you're looking for side deck choices, I would suggest trying out Mischief of the Yokaii. It's disruptive to any deck that tries to Xyz or Synchro summon and you can use it even if it's milled.

Is your most updated build in the OP or is that still an old version of the deck?

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:47 pm
Silver would work much better and Yokaii fits in well, thanks. Smile
It is the latest version, I don't know about OP but a lot of people are using it in places like DN and they're mostly using the same skeleton.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm
By in the OP I meant is that your most updated build in the original post lol.

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm
*facepalm* LOL I thought you meant organized play LOL!
I've made a few changes which I haven't updated yet.

Btw, you think this deck is possible without Lightpulsar (forbidden in dorm test).
Also, what do you know about Alive Heroes / Bubble Beat?
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:09 pm
The deck isn't very plausible without Lightpulsar. By not using it, you lose pretty much 1/3 of the dragon engine that makes the deck work. If you still want to play Chaos Dragons-esque deck for your dorm test, a kind-of-but-not-really similar deck is Chaos Plants with Wybuster/Collapserpent. It's not exactly the same style of deck, but it uses dragons and Chaos for massive combos and also uses a similar mill engine to speed up the deck.

I don't know much about Alive Heroes and my knowledge about Bubble Beat is limited.

Last edited by Neocryx on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm
Yeah, I thought as much. Sad
I'm not really bothered what deck I play, as long as I get Obelisk LOL. Chaos Dragons, is just one of my best that's all. Any ideas?
I'll look into Chaos Plants. Smile

And that's cool, I was just gonna ask you to look over my Hero Alive deck (or Bubble Beat, I can't tell the difference). I assume Bubble Beat isn't all about A Hero Lives like Alive is but idk.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm
Well if you're looking for some good decks that aren't hindered as much by the testing ban list, a few that I can think of are Dragunity, Gishki, Karakuri Geargia, and Lancer Frog. Obviously there's a lot more good decks, but these are just the ones I'm more familiar with.

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm
Cool, thanks. Smile I think I'll go with Dragunity for starters since I'm familiar with them too. Once I've mastered that deck, I'll have to make another (you get extra points for using different decks during test).
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm
Good choice! Dragunity is one of my favorite archetypes and I actually did a deck showcase on my build a little while back.

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 pm
Great! LOL I can't wait to read it all. Very Happy At first I was like omg not one reply, then I realise it was posted 2 days ago LOL.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 pm
Yeah it is a bit long lol. I actually posted it a week and 2 days ago, but never got any replies #ForeverAlone

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:35 pm
Oh LOL, well allow me to be your first, that is if I have anything decent to say. O.o
Don't worry, once I bump it, you'll see the comments rolling in. Smile
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:45 am
Well, just in case someone is still discussing about the deck, I really liked the main, just personal stuff I'd change, like, running 3 lylas and 2 debris and not running Wyvern At all, or the treacherous trap hole, I'd just run a third MST instead, but there is a fwe things that I missed on it.

1 Gaia Dragon on the extra, being able to attack after using atum can be decisive, and if you have so many rank 5 and 6 so why not? I guess it can just end having more use than Chimeratech or Trident, I know the idea of using Cyber Dragon + Chimeratech to get these machinas, but since the cyber dragons are on your side you could instead just change your side, System Down would probally be better if you really feel like if it is necessary.

About the side, Chaos Dragons simply hates Macro and D. Fissure, so siding a malevolent catastrophe and some dust tornado could be usefull, also be carefull with this soul drain, it can hurt yourself if you're looking foward for these Lightpulsar Dragon plays.

Queen Dragon Djinn could be usefull if you can get her on the field, it's not like if it have a lot of synergy for rank 4, but it would help a lot if it is possible to summon her, you can just get your REDMD and summon it on the same turn, however, it's up to you since it's not so necessary.

You have a lot of 2000+ attack dark monsters, so why not siding one deck devastation virus? agains't some archtypes it just destroy the whole deck.

Having Mind Crush on your side is aways a good option too, you will aways find someone who love to search for cards on his deck, you won't like to lose to a Exodia Jarel build too, so it is a nice thing to side.

Nothing to say about the main deck itself, like I sayd, just personal stuff, gl with your decks and cya.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am
^Did you just say no Wyvern? Wut.

On the topic of S/T destruction, 3 Ryko + 3 Lyla + Heavy is usually already more than enough in the main. I've seen good Chaos Dragon decks not main MST at all (although I still prefer to have 1-2 mained). Dust Tornado is good in some decks, but in a deck like Chaos Dragons, it really isn't needed. Sure Fissure/Macro can be disasterous at times, but again, that's what Ryko/Lyla/Heavy are for. Deck Devastation Virus and Mind Crush fall under the category traps-that-shouldn't-be-run.

Last edited by Neocryx on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Okkiru

Okkiru

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:46 am
Mind Crush is just a must on OCG actual meta scenary, for the side deck ofc, deck devastation virus is also a card that can be so usefull that, if you deck can use it, you just put it on the side, obviliously you won't run this kinda of stuff on main deck unless you're running Dark Worlds, but forgeting that Mind Crush and Deck devastation virus can literally stop Wind-ups, Rabbits, spellbook and so many other meta decks just because it is a chaos dragon deck... Even when you add REDMD to your hand with wyvern, it can just be dropped with Mind Crush, and if you have a Macro/Fissure/The Transmigration Prophecy/D.D.Crow there, you just stoped it easyly. Even without removing it, you was able to throw it on the grave before it was able to complete the summoning conditions, and it is not just for these cards, there is a huge amount of decks where Mind Crush can be deadly, and --- just imagine using Deck Devastation virus agains't Wind-ups--- your opponent can't do ANYTHING with monsters for three turns, the side must be made aiming the main metas, and if 1 card to stop WU's, one of the main meta decks, ins't good enough to be on side while your are actually enable to use it, so I just wonder what you wanna counter with a side deck.

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am
LOL so many conflicting views... O.o
Btw, I do run Gaia...
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 pm
@Okkiru I agree that Mind Crush can be good but what you're saying is that it's a generic side deck choice.There are plenty of other side choices that would be just as effective here, and probably more so, such as TKRO, Prohibition, and Royal Decree, just to name a few. For Chaos Dragons, it's simply not advisable to run traps because it slows down the deck. It'll prolly get milled most of the time and the times it doesn't, it would slow you down more than your opponent and you'd prolly be better off drawing something different. There are times when you should side in traps, but the advantage generated by those cards greatly outweighs the disadvantages of using them.

On the topic of Deck Devastation Virus, I again agree that it is semi-splashable in several decks that run high attack darks. However, I again disagree and believe that it should not be sided in a Chaos Dragons deck because the actual number of high attack dark monsters makes it impractical to use. While it is sometimes easy to summon a high attack dark, you usually need to keep that dark on the field to continue generating advantage/keep field presence. There's a huge difference siding it here and running it in Dark Worlds. DW's have Grapha returning from the grave like nothing happened where as if Chaos Dragons lose Darkflare, you have to wait to draw into another. Again, the slowing down argument applies here too.

Last edited by Neocryx on Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos >_<)

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:51 pm
Neocryx is right, while they are good cards, they slow the deck down. Traps are not what Chaos Dragons is about.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 pm
So how's the deck working out for you now? Is it smoother? Are you having any problems in particular?

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am
To be brutally honest... I haven't played it for weeks. O.o
This always happens, I make a slap-dash deck, play it for a while, get bored of it quickly and move on to another deck. I have the bad habit of never sticking with my deck. I told myself it'd be different this time (in some ways it was, lasted longer than any other deck).
These days I've been more interested in Alive Heroes and Dragunity, I just left this deck t rot. Sad I wanna come back to it but I can't for a while, 'cus I still haven't done my Dorm Test and I wanna get placed really bad so I can't be using illegal cards, that means no Chaos Dragons or Alive Heroes. I'm gonna perfect Dragunity, then make another deck and use them for my test. When that's out of the way, I'll continue with this and Alive Heroes. Promise. :/

Thanks for your concern btw, it warms my heart. Smile I even feel guiltythat you care more about the deck then I do. O.o
Okkiru

Okkiru

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm
The thing is, you have bottomless, Torrential and Soul drain in your side, they are all traps, and soul drain can even hit yourself while talking about Lightpulsar, but you see it is necessary because there are decks that use it more than your deck, ofc any side deck card will slow down your deck, but the point is to slow down the opponent deck, even if you have a small drawback.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm
@Okkiru I believe he has those traps in his side because he has yet to update the first post in awhile and as he has stated, he has not played the deck for some time.

@redj Best of luck to your current endeavors then! I hope you come back to this deck soon, it was one of my first competitive decks when I started playing again Smile
genjutsumaster19

genjutsumaster19

YGOPro Name : none

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:14 pm
What about Maiden, Dragon Shrine, Silvers cry..... I don't know if these are already in, cause I can't see the deck when I clck on "Spoiler", but for Kaiba's sake, please let them be in there.
Yubel

Yubel

Duel Season : 0-0-2

Duel Career : 41-0-51

YGOPro Name : Yubel

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm
genjutsumaster19 wrote:
What about Maiden, Dragon Shrine, Silvers cry.....   I don't know if these are already in, cause I can't see the deck when I clck on "Spoiler", but for Kaiba's sake, please let them be in there.

This is chaos dragons not BEWD
genjutsumaster19

genjutsumaster19

YGOPro Name : none

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:57 pm
Chaos Dragons and blue eyes often coincide, as blue eyes is a light, maiden is a light, and thus they can fall under the "Chaos" classification, do they not?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Dragons Deck   Chaos Dragons Deck - Page 2 Icon_m11

Chaos Dragons Deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next