Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 10-0-23

YGOPro Name : Zygon

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
[Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 2ntv8so
1st Division

[Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty
PostSubject: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 am
Welcome to Flying.'s. Awesome Card Discussion! The only card discussion that has an awesome thread starter, that being me. This will probably be semi-daily or whenever I feel like posting one. The reviews will be on cards that were forgotten or never used. Let us get started with our first review!

Surely, you in your lifetime must've seen a card that resembles this fancy creature:
[Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 300px-BrionacDragonoftheIceBarrier-GLD5-EN-GUR-LE

Quote :

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
☆☆☆☆☆☆
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can discard any number of cards to the Graveyard to target the same number of cards on the field; return those targets to the hand.

Bouncing and bouncing, all at the cost of a discard, what's better than that?
The effect has been most controversial, easily storming your opponent by surprise. Very deadly end-game when your opponent has nothing to snipe your Brionac. Having no summon limitations (Like, Restricting the type of tuner(ex: 1 Ice Barrier Tuner + 1 Ice Barrier non-tuner or w/e) O brings wonders to this card. It being a Lv.6 opens up many synchros. It first got Limited on March 2012, but it's buddy Trishula didn't get off as easily as Brionac did, it got banned. It finally got dropped by Konami in the September 2012 banlist. Also, being a 2300 beater is always cool, running over all the annoying 2000- ATK monsters. It's good times were awesome; Infernity looping, Dragunity awesomeness and whatnot. Well played Konami, well played.

Awesomeness about the effect:
Bounces Stardust (Seriously, what's better than getting rid of a thing that gets rid of stuff?)
Says gtfo to Backrow (Bouncing your opponent's backrow would honestly, help you in life.)
Gets rid of your hand (That's you, Infernities!)
Gets rid of dead monsters in your hand that belong in the grave (Djinn Ritual dudes, Destiny HERO Malicious Edge and company.)

Last edited by Flying. on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 am; edited 11 times in total
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 am
I can't find a review.
Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:29 am
lol glad he is banned though :3
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 am
I kinda wished you'd go more in-depth on some specific combos that earned this card the banhammer, but maybe that's something we can gradually add.

Quote :
Meaning that, if your opponent feels like being a jerk and uses Solemn on your Brionac, just respond with a Call of the Haunted or a Monster Reborn.

This part confuses me. First of all, how do you respond to a Counter Trap with anything other than a counter trap? Did you mean respond in the sense of play after? Also, what would the cards be targetting, specifically? Brionac can't be special summoned back since it was never properly synchro summoned.
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Team : None O.O

Duel Career : 12-0-9

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:03 am
NickV wrote:
I can't find a review.
more like sentences to me o.o
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 am
while I did love this card while it was at 1, this card belongs in the Forbidden List due to Atlanteans current state in the game; Free bouncing of any threats while also 1-4-1ing anything that isn't returned. Such an insane combo. Even when Veiler'd this guaranteed you or your opponent to clear even if they were bounded by the resolution of the effect.(Atlanteans activate in the grave and it still applies as an effect of a WATER monster, so we have something insane here. Just saying) While I myself have never been subjected to said combination, I assume it was a bad one and bound to have Brio be hit by the almighty banhammer.

Now, back to your comment on Call or Reborn... Brio was never properly summoned as Solemns negate it's summon. Soo... Yeah... Reborn and Call won't be able to bring him back. Otherwise, Brio is in your grave till the game is over or topsacking that Pot of Avarice.(More work than it's worth)
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 am
Infernities,Atlanteans are the decks that would benefit the most XD

but nontheless splashable on every deck and included as staple ofc
Zepheon

Zepheon

Team : None

Duel Career : 10-0-23

YGOPro Name : Zygon

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:47 am
Hmmk, fixed most of the incorrect information.
Creus

Creus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 am
Back in the PlantSynchro days I was relieved that this card was a sea serpent. Debris Dragon to Brionac would just be silly.
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am
Creus wrote:
Back in the PlantSynchro days I was relieved that this card was a sea serpent. Debris Dragon to Brionac would just be silly.
ikr...its just mad >< and i miss plantsynchro days D= havent played that much at that format....>< i miss bulb the most lol
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:37 am
Plant Syncho was defs my favorite deck back in the good old' days. Took a lot of skill which I've only recently started acquiring in the past year or so. Maybe next format they'll be legit again.
zombiemaster2

zombiemaster2

Duel Career : 27-0-13

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:19 am
I'd also like to mention that fabled decks could seriously abuse the free discards while clearing the field. Also you could mind trick your opponent into playing Maxx "C" , summon brio, use kushano in grave to discard cherrubel, discard kushano to return it back, and repeat opponent decks out.
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:26 am
NickV wrote:
I can't find a review.

Agreed. lol

About the card: You're right, the banlist is right where it belongs. Although it's annoying that there are no decent splashable Level 6 Synchros left. Goyo Guardian was just a poorly designed card, making a Level 6 with 2800 ATK? Come on Konami, why did you break from your tried and true standard of not going above 2500-2600 ATK with Level 6? It's the equivalent of making a Level 4 monster with 2200 ATK and an effect that gives you a +1. I'm dissapointed in your poor design skills Konami Sad

Anyway, back to Brio. It too deserves a spot because of the game engines. Such as Equip-cards not destroying the monster they Summon (such as Premature Burial -which is why it's Banned and Reborn isn't-, but also the new Spellbook of Life). The card itself was actually decently designed, since 2300 isn't too much and there was plenty of stuff that could run it over. Going -1 and 1 for 1 at best if you hit a Synchro or Fusion, was also a good design. Unfortunatly they also made Atlanteans which simply broke this card. They are the sole reason this card is banned and nothing more.

So as much as I loved to use this card, I don't think it will ever get back from the Banned List, unless Atlanteans become obsolete. Which will probably only happen when Konami makes even more broken cards. So yeah, we might see it back afterall.

But if they don't, they seriously need to give us a new splashable Level 6 Synchro. Gaia Knight isn't what it used to be anymore, since the new standard ATK to get over is 2800 and not 2500 back when Stardust reigned supreme. Gravity Warrior is also pretty meh, since it's ATK is often even lower than Gaia Knight. I want a Level 6 Synchro with a GOOD effect, not a situational one (Gravity Warrior) or none at all (Gaia Knight).
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier   [Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Icon_m11

[Flying.'s Awesome Card Discussion] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1