Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

The Vampire Archetype Empty
PostSubject: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 pm
So as you all know, Konami has released more vampire cards for the vampire archetype and I must say they have some unique and wonderful effects. 

The Vampire Archetype ShadowVampire-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Shadow Vampire

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 DARK"Vampiremonster from your hand or Deck, except "Shadow Vampire". If you do, monsters you control other than that monster cannot declare an attack this turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of a DARK monster.

Although the effect alone makes it look slow, you can combine it with Vampire Sorcerer to summon it with no cost and then bring out Vampire Lord out and attack and then special summon out a Dark Rank 5 monster!

The Vampire Archetype VampireSorcerer-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Vampire Sorcerer

If this card is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 DARK "Vampiremonster or 1 "Vampire" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; you can Normal Summon 1 DARK "Vampire" monster this turn without Tributing.

This is basically a staple for the vampire cards since you can search any vampire card or support that you need and then banish to normal summon a vampire monster without any tribute cost and combo it with Burial to you know, normal summon again next turn

The Vampire Archetype VampireGrace-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Vampire Grace

When a Level 5 or higher Zombie-Type monster(s) is Special Summoned to your side of the field by the effect of a Zombie-Type monster, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Vampire Grace" once per turn. Once per turn: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard.

In my opinion, Vampire Grace is my least favorite since I kinda find her slow but I'll probably tech in 1 as her effect works well with Vampire Empire works well with her, makes good fodder for level 6 xyz.

The Vampire Archetype VampireBramtheEdeleritter-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Vampire Bram the Edelritter

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster in your opponent's GraveyardSpecial Summon that target to your side of the field. You can only use this effect of "Vampire Bram the Edelritter" once per turn. If you do, monsters you control other than that monster cannot attack this turn. If this card on the field is destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or card effect) and sent to the GraveyardSpecial Summon this card from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position during next turn's Standby Phase.

Finally another xyz zombie monster, its about time! He has a pretty good effect of allowing you to special summon powerful monsters in your opponents graveyard, and with a nice drawback to keep it from being over-powered.  Plus he really is "undead" as he can be special summoned from the graveyard as long as your opponent destroyed him.

The Vampire Archetype VampireShift-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Vampire Shift

If your Field Spell Card Zone is unused and the only face-up monsters you control are Zombie-TypeActivate 1 "Vampire Empire" from your Deck, then you can Special Summon 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Vampire Shift" per turn.

Its a nice support card for the vampires with an unique effect. This card can make you get out a quick xyz monster when needed and gain the effects of Vampire Empire for a turn.

The Vampire Archetype VampireEmpire-SHSP-JP-OP

Quote :
Vampire Empire

Zombie
-Type monsters gain 500 ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, when a card(s) is sent from your opponent's Deck to the GraveyardTarget 1 card on the field; send 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, destroy that target.

It reminds me of home... I mean the 500 attack gain during the damage calucaltion is a nice way to get rid of high leveled monsters, espically with Vampire's Curse (when special summoned from the grave) and Vampire Bram the Edelritter. It also adds in the old Vampire effect quiet well. Once a vampire monster "drains" a card from your opponent's deck you can discard a vampire monster to destroy a possible target (actually works quite well with Vampire Grace). And maybe a nice combo with Book of Life to special summon the discarded monster
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

The Vampire Archetype 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:22 pm
The emo deck I might actually make one when they come out
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 pm
Haven't tried these out yet but since I'm a big fan of Zombies from back in the day I'll definitely try have some fun building stuff around them. Thanks for posting this for us Zex Smile

PS: That Vampire Xyz looks freaking awesome!
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:53 pm
Seems like a good archtype but just not tier 2. I can see a zombie/vampire hybrid work well though, but so far I am not impressed by the Vampire decks I have faced.

Anyone have an idea for a good skeleton?
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:38 am
i can have an idea by tommorow 
and ill post
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:39 am
In the words of our beloved Vlad the Impaler (Count Dracula) ...

''I Vant Tu Drink Your Blaad!' (Transylvanian accent of course)
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 am
This is my first version of the deck but it seems to work so:

The Vampire Archetype 8WeNf0A
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am
Well I played around with this build for a few hours and this is what I came up with.

The Vampire Archetype 14ms6ra

This deck is mainly getting the rank 5 options out and being supported by rank 4. Most cases I'm able to get a a rank 5 out and support it next move with rank 4 key bettle which puts my opponents in a very tight spot to defend against and find a plan to get rid of them both.

Now for some of you that might ask why is no tiras or vulc in this deck thats because the main way of xyz is through special summoning another Vampire with shadow Vampire that gives it the affect of only being able to xyz dark attributed monsters. 

In this deck you will also notice im not running 3 of the fields spell that came out which i found very intriguing. That field spell in certain situations can hurt you on occasions cause its affect is not optional. When card is sent to the grave it has to destroy a card so in certain situations I found it to hurt me if I was in complete control. So in other words the field spell can also be a little bit of a gamble to use.

Most combos for this deck start by ditching vampire sorcerer so you can set up for when shadow vamp is ready to hit the field. So it your next question prob is where is foolish burial. I tried out foolish and turns out it gets the job done but it slows the deck down. This can tend to be a dead draw at times.

Key Combos:

Main combo would be ditching vampire sorc to the grave so when you are able to activate affect and normal summon lvl5 without tributing. With that if your completely set up you may possibly be able to summon vamp grace from the grave for a 2k lp price but I only suggest using it if necessary or to have a chance to otk. Due to shadow vampires affect you wont be able to otk  mainly in this deck. Anyway once you summon shadow vamp ur best bet is to have vampire lord in your hand when you do it so you can pull off a rank 5 that move. Keep in mind you wont be able to attack the turn that shadow vamps affect has been used so choose your xyz choice wisely.
After you pull rank 5 next move if its still around you want to think support and control with a rank 4.

Other combos are mainly for set up and control until your able to pull the main combo. Such as lavalval chain setting up the grave for shadow vamp. Then there are combos to get field control and presence just till your able to pull shadow vamp. The build I'm mainly showing you is a beat down/control build since I've found it works best in this vampire archtype. 

Hope you enjoyed my detailed deck profile on Vampires. Any questions you know where to find me.

P.S I just like noticed at the last second I forgot to add allure in there. lol
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:34 pm
Marcus where's your Tiras?! Plaguespreader would fit in nicely as well since you're running Zombie Master.

Have you had successes against top decks yet, and how would you say this deck can fight the meta?
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:22 pm
Question 1: Tiras?
       As I stated in the second paragraph Nick shadow vamps affect states that it can only be used for exceed summoning dark attributed monsters. So it would mainly be a waste of space being highly unlikely im gonna be able to get 2 vampire lords on the field at the same time.

Question 2: Plaguespreader? 
     I did initially think that as well nick till i really tested it out and saw that it was a hinder to the main xyz monsters and is mostly not worth running cause of how slow it is.

Question 3: Top Decks?
     I have had success actually with and against top decks. Though its all about setting up your field. Of the field isn't set up properly for your advantage You most likely wont be able to stand top decks. I find its helpful in my strategy of using them that I set up main field control then set up for my counter attack for top decks that might come. After I'm set with that I usually support my rank 5 xyz with support options.

Question 4: Can this deck stand up to meta? 
     This deck shows some promise though I haven't played enough with it to give u a definitive answer on that question. I do not believe they will be able to stand assaults from e-drags or books. Though they have shown a good amount of fight against ffs and mermail. So I believe this will be a solid competitive tier 2 deck. With a little more support can become tier 1. This deck has already shown it can take on the lower ranks of meta. Also with the up coming ban list change this might turn to meta cause no doubt some e-drags will be limited so they won't be as broken. As well as its obvious spellbook judgement day will be limited or banned so I believe this deck has a very bright future to be possible meta.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 pm
just felt like posting a sweet duel with my vampires

Vampires vs. Gimmick Puppets
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7i433u
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire Archetype   The Vampire Archetype Icon_m11

The Vampire Archetype

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1