Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 16-0-4

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster   Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Icon_m11Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:12 pm
Match 1

Fire Fist vs. Fire Kings/Fists 2:0 - 0/0 points

Performance: 11/20 points

Duel 1: You started with 3(!) rekindling first hand - that's real harsh luck. Obviously it didn't leave you with too many playing options and my one TT was enough to insure the win for me. Tough break.

Duel 2: This time you had a much better hand to work with. On turn 3 you made a mistake though - the diamond wolf summon was a waste of resources just to destroy my face down rooster. It would be better if you had another tiger king in the extra deck - better to get more resources on board especially when you have TT ready. The Bujin XYZ was a good follow up it took me a while to get rid of it and I was then low on LP. Lucky for me I had veiler to stop your bear which proved crucial as I got my own bear and then gorilla for a tiger king of my own. My last draw of bottomless was enough to secure the win for me.

Deck: 11/20

Your deck is a mix between the fire kings and fire fist archtypes. Usually in this case it's better to focus on one type completely because mixing them will more often than not create unbalanced hands. Like Yaksha that has no target in hand to destroy, etc.
In the extra deck you have too many rank 8 while you don't have too many ways to summon them - I'd definitely recommend losing some of them and add more important rank 4 monsters.
Side decking stygian dirge was nice option and the kaiser colosseum was also a nice block.

Match 2

X-Saber vs. Gravekeeper Spellbooks 2:0 - 0/10 points

Performance: 13/20

Duel 1: The early EEV took me by surprise and cost me 3 traps. But then you've used spellbook of secrets too early to get power - and later you drew another power - if you'd hold on to secrets you could get a wisdom out of it. Then you didn't didn't draw into more monsters in time while your EEV was active and I've managed to put some big guns on the field. On your last play you knew I had mirror force but attacked anyway - would be better to set your monster and possibly wait for a good draw on the next turn.

Duel 2: You had the 1st hand Royal Tribute play - unfortunately for you it turned out to leave you with a minus 1 as I only had the Cardcar D in hand. You saw my shadow mirror though - so you got the spellbook of wisdom to make a move with GK spy - but I had fiendish chain for the follow up dire wolf play; and then TT on your next summon. After that I made a mistake mind controlling your spy - I forgot I had no generic Level 6 in my deck. Still I had enough back row to hold off any attack. Then I topped deck into faultroll and from there I had the game in hand with SDD.

Deck: 10/20

Gravekeeper deck with some Spellbook techs. The powers might be nice in order to go over big monsters - but on the long run this isn't a pure spellbook deck where searching is the key - all you can do is search for secrets which gets you power and so on. I feel it is much better to play with extra traps and maybe lances instead of these books. As you saw in both duels you ended up with 2 dead spellbooks of power while I could just attack freely.
Your side deck was a bit strange - why 2 MST and 1 dust - when 3 MSTs are better? You took out Dualities for Cardcar D - duality should be better in the deck since it doesn't waste your summons. Also, why replace the fiendish with breakthrough? Fiendish is good for stopping attackers while breakthrough is temporary.

Total: 45/100

Bonus:

Attitude: +2
Different decks: +3

Grand total points scored: 50/100

Well, sadly - you'll be going to the Slifer dorms. Try to work on your decks' balance - that's where I think your weak point is. Get the decks to flow better so you can consistently produce better plays each turn.
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster   Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Icon_m11Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:31 pm
thanks for the input. I'll work on the decks and make the spellbooks work for me. That said, I will also find a way to give the deck more defensive options.
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster   Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Icon_m11Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:40 pm
I think my biggest problem here is I've been facing the AI too much, and not been out dueling players much. Next test, I'll have my head back in the game ^.^
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster   Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Icon_m11Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:20 am
Tester DP Awarded, Member DP Deducted, Dorm Reassigned & Thread Locked!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster   Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster Icon_m11

Re-Test Results: cagethedarkmaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1