Team : EndPhase & UkUnited

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Anti-virus posts 2ntv8so
Squire
Anti-virus posts 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anti-virus posts Empty
PostSubject: Anti-virus posts   Anti-virus posts Icon_m11Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 am
sorry i feel that this needs addressing ..... therefore instead of continuing to hijack another thread i created this one

Aang wrote:
Get rid of Kaspersky and get a new anti-virus. I personally recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It's great, made by Microsoft, it's COMPLETELY free, and it hasn't failed me once for the 4 years I've been using it.

DO NOT get Norton or Aviri or Avast or McAfee; they've been known to cause more trouble than actually help.

kaspersky is one of the better anti virus programs that i have used in a while ..... personally work on pc's and went to school for pc and server maintenance and i have kaspersky on my flash drive as one of the tools i use in virus removal and pc maintenance .... i have used many free anti-virus programs ... from kaspersky, windows essentials, avg, ... malwarebytes is probably the best out there but it does not have an auto update unless you want to buy the program ....avg and malwarebytes combination with a script running my update and scans is what i personally use

Avast i have used a bit on my linux machine but havent used it on windows .... as far as McAfee or Norton .... if you want to pay for it ....their customer support is pretty good

on microsoft security essentials and just about any other anti virus i use .... NOT ALL VIRUS's CAN BE DETECTED BY ONE ANTIVIRUS .... each one has its own person who writes the code to detect it .... i have caught different files with different programs {personal experiment i did a couple of years ago} ... i have had problems with Security Essentials not updating properly or not properly scanning the files that i had assigned it to scan

i have used Norton ... yes it is a pay to play program .... but again i have had little problems with customer support ... same with the limited exposure to McAfee

now avg, microsoft, even malwarebytes have a Enterprise edition {or business edition} ... Security Essentials its self has a 10 pc limit and also has a private pc clause written in .... that means if you want to run essentials on a company pc ....YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT so it will no longer be free

personally it shouldnt matter what anti virus you use .... yes it is just a matter of time before all anti virus's pick up a particular virus .... i also personally do not recommend turning off your protection to play a game .... sorry it is to much of a risk ...especially with this day of cyber information ... you turn the av off for a game ... that leaves a port open for someone to back track into
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
Anti-virus posts 2ntv8so
2nd Division

Anti-virus posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-virus posts   Anti-virus posts Icon_m11Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 am
Was not my point.

I wasn't simply trashing any other anti-virus that wasn't the one I use; I was stating one that I knew for sure did not detect a trojan within the game, because for some reason kaspersky did.
Sandstalker

Sandstalker

Team : EndPhase & UkUnited

Anti-virus posts 2ntv8so
Squire
Anti-virus posts 2ntv8so
1st Division

Anti-virus posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-virus posts   Anti-virus posts Icon_m11Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 am
most likely the antivirus is picking up the launcher as a "key-logger" .... which in reality is doing its job
Sponsored content

Anti-virus posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-virus posts   Anti-virus posts Icon_m11

Anti-virus posts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1