Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Test Results: JohnnyJam 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Test Results: JohnnyJam Empty
PostSubject: Test Results: JohnnyJam   Test Results: JohnnyJam Icon_m11Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 am
Match Duel #1: Vayu Turbo vs. Lightsworn
0/10 points

Deck Construction: 10/20 points
Performance: 12/20 points

Notes:

You’ve made questionable decisions in regards to card choices due to a lack of certain cards and the build looking like a LS build, minus JD. I say this because you use Aurkus, Rinyan and Shire, which are usually used just as names for JD (Aurkus is good vs few decks). Without JD this deck needs more protection and has to have other tricks up its sleeve; this is why I expected Lightrays. 3 Gragonith is too much and Celestia is superior; despite this it isn’t there. Only one of certain Lightsworns is being run that are better in twos or threes. Card Troopers, Necro Gardnas and Foolish Burial would benefit this build. There is also a lack of Extra Deck staples such as Black Corn and Maestroke. However, Illumiknight and Skill Gainer are in there which are more situational and just pretty bad cards in general.

G1 -Turn one you had the opportunity to use Duality; I think that it would have been best to use it then to avoid having it dead in future turns. Turn 5 g1 you either knew I had Reborn in hand and gave up or forgot about it and passed, despite it being one turn since you saw it. If you had used Avarice instead of waiting to summon Gragonith next turn then you might have lasted longer.

G2 - Siding in Kycoo, Starlight Road and Grand Mole was a smart move. Mole is a weird side though. When you summoned in Utopia and attacked Gorz, you used Utopia’s effect and said “wrong one”. I assumed you were supposed to attack a different monster. Not sure why you didn’t follow through with the attack since you had Honest in hand. If you had used that you would’ve had material on Utopia.

Replays:

1 http://www.slingfile.com/file/i73bnoT5Xt
2 http://www.slingfile.com/file/96LxZm8vDm

Match Duel #2: T.G. Stun vs Karakuri Geargia
0/10

Deck Construction: 13/20 points
Performance: 9/20 points

Notes:

3 MK2 and 2 Call is excessive in this build so could do with cutting one of each. My Body as a Shield is better replaced with Forbidden Lance since the latter is better in far more scenarios. Summoner Monk isn’t needed and Maxx C is better sided in a duel under testing restrictions. The Extra needs work and is missing some staples whilst containing subpar cards and things you can’t even get out (Zenmaity).

G1 – If you had Lance instead of My Body you could have lasted longer.

G2 – You kept Maxx C and Veiler in the main despite them being practically useless against what you had seen me play. You only sided in Mole. Turn 1 you didn’t have to overextend like that and didn’t use Gigant’s effect because you thought it did something that would leave you at a minus. Would have been better off passing with Red Dragon on your field rather than attacking into my 5-strong backrow.

Replays:

1 http://www.slingfile.com/file/i2GYrhrY2R
2 http://www.slingfile.com/file/WeHDdm4mgf

Different Decks: 3/3
Attitude: 2/2

Total: 48/100

Before taking your re-test, assuming you do, it would be worth brushing up on your skills and using more universal side cards. For now, you'll be in the Slifer Dorm.
JohnnyJam

JohnnyJam

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Test Results: JohnnyJam   Test Results: JohnnyJam Icon_m11Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 am
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'll work on improving my decks, and reasoning when playing.

When I said wrong one, I meant to attack using Honest and wasn't reading close enough and used Utopia's effect instead of Honest. I didn't want to say I had Honest in my hand during the duel in case I had a chance to use it. Smile

My LS Deck was built around Gragonith, with the added bonus for LS in graveyard and piercing damage, he seemed like a good replacement for Judgment Dragon. Celeste only gets 2300 regardless. I understand your reasoning though, being successful with Celeste give the chance of destroying 3 cards to 1 with Gragonith.

SummonerMonk was in my Karakuri Geargia deck to pull Watchdog for a lvl 8 syncro summon. It was a tech I wanted to try, it didn't work out. Zenmaity was supposed to be Zenmaines - I got the wrong one by accident. MK II would have allowed me to summon it if MK II was the only thing in my graveyard. It was a last minute addition, and not very useful with me having Zenmaity. Smile

I'll try swapping out My Body for Forbidden Lance. I'm not completely sure when to use it, so I'll have to work on that too.

Thanks again. It was just nice to be dueling again.

Darrellmeaney

Team : N/A

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : jklhjkl

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Test Results: JohnnyJam   Test Results: JohnnyJam Icon_m11Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 pm
DP awarded, dorm awarded and locked
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test Results: JohnnyJam   Test Results: JohnnyJam Icon_m11

Test Results: JohnnyJam

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1