Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 am
Haze Beasts are a new archetype released on Cosmo Blazer which many (myself included) believe will become one of the top meta decks soon due to the amount of spamming it can do. Also all their monsters cannot be targeted by card effects: yes, you read that right. Frankly, I think Konami has just gone insane (we all knew they were but this proves it!) and you'll see why after this. Another fire archetype released is Fire Kings (or Fire Fist) but I'll make a guide on that when we get the JP edition releases which in my opinion is the best way to run them.

Main Cards

Haze-Beast Hippogriffo(LV 6, Pyro)

Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster you control; this card gains 300 ATK.

Decent attack at 2100, defense is 200 so it is useable with Rekindling. Other than that it is mainly used for the XYZ spam.

Haze Beast Cerberus(LV 6, Beast)

You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but its original ATK becomes 1000. This face-up card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Haze" card from your Deck to your hand

Staple at 3, it is the deck's searcher and 2000 attack isn't too bad when you use it with Haze Pillar and Haze Glory.

Haze Beast Spinx(LV 6, Beast-Warrior)

This face-up card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, and if it is the declared type, you can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Haze Beast Spinx" once per turn.

Yay, a monster reborn type of card, you'll have to guess the right type of course but that's not too hard if you know the ratio of your deck. Good card is good.

Haze Beast Peryton(LV 6, Pyro)

Must be Special Summoned by the effect of a "Haze Beast" monster, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This face-up card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can send 1 FIRE monster from your hand to the Graveyard, then Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 "Haze Beast" monsters from your Deck. You can only use the effect of "Haze Beast Peryton" once per turn.

Speaking of good cards... this card is just ridiculous. Send 1 Fire monster from the hand to the grave and you can summon ANY two Haze Beasts from your deck. You can only use its effect once per turn to stop it from being broken but Konami... you are walking on thin ice. Staple at 3 obviously, a common combo is get Spinx + Cerberus and then use Spinx's effect to special summon another Haze: leaving you with 1 Rank 6 XYZ and Cerberus on the field (which can search out your deck when destroyed).

Haze Beast Basilicock(Rank 6, Pyro)

2 or more Level 6 FIRE monsters (max. 5)
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 monster your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; banish that target. This card gains effects based on the number of Xyz Material it has.
• 3 or more: This card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each Xyz Material attached to this card.
• 4 or more: This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
• 5: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Run away! It's the giant Rooster! Seriously though, if you see your opponent get this with 5 materials (which sadly isn't too difficult, especially if you use Haze Pillar), it will generally mean GG. Even without the 5+ effect, the banish effect alone is great.

Haze Glory(Trap)

You can Tribute Summon "Haze Beast" monsters with 1 less Tribute than required. You can send this face-up card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 "Haze" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Allows you to normal summon all of the Haze Beasts, and you can also use it to recycle any Haze cards in the graveyard... good on you Konami, you have officially made me sad.

Haze Pillar (Spell)

You can Tribute Summon "Haze Beast" monsters with 1 less Tribute than required. Once per turn: You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; attach 1 "Haze Beast" monster you control or in your hand to that target as an Xyz Material.

Of course, one last one (sighs). Haze pillar will also let you normal summon all of the Haze Beasts and lets you reattach them as XYZ monster material from the field or the hand.

Other Cards

Flamevell Firedog
Pot of Duality
Rekindling
Tefnuit
Goka, The Pyre of Malice
Laval Lancelord
Tyhone #2
Ultimate Offering
Evotile cards (too many I'll list them in a basic skeleton)
Flamevell cards

Deck Skeleton

I'll post 3 Skeletons: Evol-Haze, Hazevell, Tefnuit-Haze (which is probably my favorite)

Evol Haze

3 x Evoltile Westlo
3 x Evolsaur Elias
2 x Goka, the Pyre of Malice
3 x Haze Beast Cerberus
3 x Haze Beast Hippogriffo
3 x Haze Beast Spinx
3 x Haze Beast Peryton
3 x Evo-Diversity
3 x Haze Pillar
3 x Haze Glory

Mix Evolzar Solda and Haze Pillar to create a soft lock. It's an interesting deck: have fun with it.

Hazevell

3 x Flamvell Firedog
1/2 x Flamvell Magician
1 x Laval Forest Sprite
2 x Laval Lancelord
3 x Haze Beast Cerberus
2 x Haze Beast Peryton
2 x Haze Beast Gryps
2 x Haze Beast Spinx
3 x Rekindling
3 x Haze-Pillar

Probably the Haze deck more suitable for beginners to the archetype. Focuses on getting LV 8 Synchros out with the Rekindling spam (Scrap Dragon loves Cerberus)

Tefnuit Haze

3 x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
1 x Tyhone #2 (we get to use this yay)
3 x Haze Beast Cerberus
3 x Haze Beast Peryton
3 x Haze Beast Spinx
3 x Haze Pillar
2 x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
3 x Haze Glory

Well this is how I am running mine, quite fast and consistent: focuses mainly on LV 6 XYZ monsters.

Weakness

Haze are hurt by remove-from-play cards like Macro Cosmos. Cards like Skill Drain will also hurt Haze to some extent as their strongest monster is Hippo which sits at 2100 attack points. Their reliance on Spell/Trap to normal summon the Haze Beasts can also lead to possible dead draws. (I'll add more as the testing continues)

Side Deck Cards:

Thunder King Rai-Oh
Skill Drain
Macro Cosmos
Effect Veiler

I was actually worried about doing this guide, thought it might lead to a massive increase in Haze decks but then I thought, 'it'll happen sooner or later'. Have fun with the decks guys, it has massive potential.
rade775

rade775

Team : None

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 28-0-47

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 am
Haha your evol haze profile is exactly the same as mine XD, i think evolatile haze is the fastest to get 5 basilicock IMO
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 am
Haze Beasts being top meta? I don't know, maybe. I've played against quite a few, but they seemed pretty slow. It's probably because they were running less than optimal builds or bad players or not as lucky as I was. Either way, I look forward to the haze wave.
Creus

Creus

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 am
*slow clap*

Well done Konami, well done.

|'orz
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:19 pm
My Tefnuit Haze skeleton is different. You really don't need that many Haze monsters.
Hedless

Hedless

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:14 am
Well this is just fantastic, and I thought Mermail was OP... My goodness.

Even if they could be targeted they would be a force to behold but seriously... Prison, Bottomless useless

AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 am
Bottomless isn't useless because it doesn't target... In OCG, this is much less of a force to contend with where everyone and their mother run Raigeki Break/Phoenix Wing Wind Blast. They'd have to Xyz with 4 materials on the field at the same time to get the Hexproof effect (Magic term for not target-able).

Now that I really think about, it's really not that broken. Basillicock will usually be less ridiculous than a first turn Quasar which is something Lavals specialize in.
rade775

rade775

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am
Its actually really easy to get a basililcock with 5 xyz in one turn, the hard part is getting of their backrow

The main part of the deck is not to get the baslilcock with 5 xyz but more to get the lvl 6 xyz out quick
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:10 am
Define really easy. How often do you get out 5 xyz? Getting lvl 6 out easily is something other decks can do pretty well as well. Destiny Hieratics is one example that I can think of off the top of my head.
rade775

rade775

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 am

I run evolvs and one of the combos is you have haze pillar, peryton, a westlo and maybe a elias. You flip westlo into elias which lets you summon an elias from your hand if you have one, from this you can go into peryton which grabs a sphinx and cerberus, that's 4 already. You can call monster with sphinx since the deck is mostly monsters and grab another for 5. Even if you don't you can alwasy attach an xyz from hand using haze pillar or overlay regen each turn. Even if you don't have these exact cards there are many other variants of getting 5 lvl 6's with goka or call of the haunted.

I think for hieratics, ( i don't run) you go ss tenfuit, tribute for peryton which grabs you tyhone 2. Then you can peryton for sphinx and Cerberus, and sphinx can grab you another 1 from graveyard and you can use goka for 5 by killing cerbersus for haze pillar and adding 1 overlay from your hand. So you would need tenfuit, peryton, and goka basically. There are also many substitues including call of the haunted, m reborn or overlay regen that you can draw into for 5 overlays even if you don't have those exact 3 cards.

Though this uses up alot of your cards and so its really beneficial to go for 5 haze basili cock anyway

against heroes they have great tornado or maelefics can crush the 5 overlay, but not many decks have equip cards or cards that can increase attack so in that case you can benefit from the almost invincibility of bazilcock

Also the deck is very weak to tt, bottomless, solemn because of limited back row removal so its to your advatage if you go first

Hedless

Hedless

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 am
I noticed some minor weaknesses to the deck:

- Rivalry Of Warlords - They don't specialize in one specific, they have Pyro, Beast, Winged Beast
- Dark Hole - Mass Destruction, doesn't target
- Mirror Force - Commonly ran card, now semi, mass destruction
- Lightning Vortex - MD
- Torrential Tribute - Semi, MD

etc etc
Nichigo

Nichigo

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 pm
Not really convinced that this is exactly meta material. It's slow...even with it's continuous spell/trap out (which aren't exactly good imo...none of the main Haze's even plus that easily. Sphinx is the only plusser, and it's a gamble).

The XYZ doesn't plus at all...and you really need that continuous spell to even load it up which ends up being a minus.

Finally, the deck isn't very versatile. There is like no built in removal which is what every meta deck needs.

Hieratics are a much faster/better rank 6 deck imo. Even Chaos DRagons do a better job at doing what they do imo.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Duel Career : 0-0-10

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm
Haze are very interessing, I think Skill Drain will be much used with... or not.

It's true, he is not fast... except if you use torrential tribute. If you use this, you can already own... but you become vulnerable to a TT, et so not only you lose much monsters, but you will lose much life point for nothing.
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 am
Darkanen wrote:
Haze are very interessing, I think Skill Drain will be much used with... or not.

It's true, he is not fast... except if you use torrential tribute. If you use this, you can already own... but you become vulnerable to a TT, et so not only you lose much monsters, but you will lose much life point for nothing.

I don't understand. Are you saying that Basillicock is not fast unless you use torrential? That doesn't really make any sense whatsoever. Your next statement doesn't really coherently fit with your first statement either so if you could explain yourself, hopefully with the help of a better translator, that'd be nice. Also, do you speak French by any chance? The "et" part caught my eye.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm
Sorry, Asian, I'm french, so I will correct this soon, lol XD
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 pm
C'est pas grave. Je parle un peux de Francais (pas bien); je vivais au Canada. Utiliser le traducteur de google, je pense que il est assez precise.
Facial_Hair

Facial_Hair

Duel Career : 4-0-4

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm
Lol that was a little irrevelant..
Darkanen

Darkanen

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm
Lol, au contraire, Google est nul en traduction.

Traduction: Lol, in true, Google is really lame in traduction.
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Team : None O.O

Duel Career : 12-0-9

Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
Squire
Haze Beast Guide 2ntv8so
1st Division

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm
hmmm nice review as usual

i only saw 1 flaw offtopic mistake...xD
fire fist isn't fire kings
fire kings is another broken archetype that has similar artwork or looks to heraldics(except the fire kings got fire armor)
fire fist = flaming stars

and nice deck skeletons..i got 2 of em except for the flamvell ones..

then...u could try the destiny hero engine on haze beast..i see some people do that..
Sponsored content

Haze Beast Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haze Beast Guide   Haze Beast Guide Icon_m11

Haze Beast Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1