Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Macronarc - Needs help! 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Macronarc - Needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Macronarc - Needs help!   Macronarc - Needs help! Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm
So, I've been messing around with a Macro Monarch deck for a little while now and I feel like it has a potential, but it needs a lot of work in my opinion. Here's the current deck list:

Main Deck (42):
Monsters (19):
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Caius the Shadow Monarch (3)
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch (3)
Raiza the Storm Monarch (3)
D.D. Survivor (2)
D.D. Scout Plane (2)
Battle Fader (3)
Effect Veiler (2)

Spells (16):
Allure of Darkness
Dark Hole
Soul Exchange (3)
Gold Sarcophagus (2)
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Forbidden Lance
Enemy Controller (3)
Dimensional Fissure (3)

Traps (7):
Return from the Different Dimension
Macro Cosmos (3)
Horn of Heaven (3)

Extra Deck (15):
Synchro Monsters (7):
Ally of Justice Field Marshall
Mist Wurm
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
Ally of Justice Catastor
Formula Synchron

XYZ Monsters (Cool:
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Photon Strike Bounzer
Sword Breaker
Inzektor Exa-Beetle
Number C39: Utopia Ray
Daigusto Phoenix
Gachi Gachi Gantestu (2)

Side Deck (15):
Monsters (7):
Vanity's Ruler
Mobius the Frost Monarch (3)
Puppet Plant (3)
Heavy Storm
Soul Taker (2)
Mystical Space Typhoon (2)
Forbidden Lance (2)

Basic Explanation of Cards:
Gorz - Staple, hand trap, stops OTK. Only disadvantage is there's usually always something on the field, whether it's Fissure, Macro, or some random monster
Caius, Thestalos, Raiza, Mobius: All pretty much staples in every Monarch deck. Thestalos is the only Monarch I would take out since discarding a card from my opponent isn't always the most useful thing. It has helped a few times though and worked surprisingly well against a Dark World deck while I had Macro out. Mobius remains sided because I rarely get to use his effect and I usually run into decks that either don't run backrow, or is Merlantean...
Survivor and Scout Plane: Along with Fissure and Macro, these two cards are the core of the deck. Both come back at the end of every turn and can act as either tribute fodder of simply as a meat shield. However, both have disadvantages. Survivor has to be banished while face-up so he can't be set and Scout Plane always comes back in attack position, leading to a good bit of damage on some occasions.
Battle Fader: Tribute fodder and stops attacks. What's not to love?
Effect Veiler: Disrupts my opponent and is a tuner. Too I've never drawn it in a useful situation >_<

Allure of Darkness: I figure I'm running enough darks to use it and banishing a Scout Plane would net me free draws and a free banish. Too bad I've yet to have both in hand =/
Dark Hole: Staple since YGO first started.
Soul Exchange: Free tribute and takes out an opponents monster. Win win?
Gold Sarcophagus: This is a card I'm not completely sure about. The big advantages are that it can give me a free Scout Plane banish right from the deck and if I need to, it can get me Macro or Fissure. The only problem is if I'm going for Fissure or Macro, it's insanely slow and I've actually had times where I've drawn 2 Fissure or Macro before I've gotten the Fissure I banished -.-
Monster Reborn: Staple in every deck. So far I've really only used itl for getting back a Survivor or Scout Plane from the grave while Fissure is on the field.
MST: For that pesky backrow. Is usually either dead draw, or I wish I was running 3...
Forbidden Lance: Useful, but with only 1, I'll prolly switch it out for MST...
Enemy Controller: With free tributes every turn, Controller is a staple in every Monarch deck.
Dimensional Fissure: Staple in this deck. Total disruption of most of the meta. <3 this.

Return from the Different Dimension: Late game, this card can be so good....
Macro Cosmos: Slower than Fissure, but banishes ALL cards. Good against Gishki the one time I played against it. Might fare well against Gem Knight too...
Horn of Heaven: I dunno if I like this card anymore. The basic idea behind it was since I have Scout Planes planes in attack position at the end of my turn, tributing them for the cost of Horn might be more useful. Unfortunately, it really hasn't been that useful...

I'm can't really explain the side or extra decks cause they're complete messes right now....

Advantages/Strategy:
Obviously, since this is a Macro deck, it disrupts so much of the meta. Dark World? Nope. Chaos Dragons? Nope. Merlantean? Lolnope. Also, if you can get Fissure or Macro on the field fast enough with 1-2 Survivors or Scout Planes banished fast enough, the momentum this deck has is hard to slow down. Continuous +'s while ruining your opponents graveyard advantage is the name of the game.

Disadvantages/Stuff that needs to be Fixed:
Like I said earlier, in theory, this deck has a lot of potential. However, there's a lot of problems that need to be addressed first. It's hard to start with. Sure, if you get Macro/Fissure and Scout Plane/Survivor in hand with a few Monarch's, you're set! But if you only have Macro/Fissure or Scout Plane/Survivor in hand or neither at all? Might as well surrender now. I've actually had games where my opening hand was 1 Fissure, 3 Macro, and a Allure. Exodia anyone? Another big problem is keeping Fissure/Macro on the field. In this format with Heavy and 3 MST, it's practically impossible to keep in on the field. Any deck that can side in Soul Drain completely wrecks this deck too *CoughRabbitCough*. Space is tight, and there's a lot of stuff I wanna add, but I just don't know what to do with this deck anymore...

Stuff that's Missing:
Tuners. The synchros in this deck are completely reliant on Veiler. I think I've done maybe 1 synchro in like 30 games. I just can't think of a tuner that would work with this deck =/.
Tragoedia - It's a staple in most Monarch decks. The only thing not useful about it in Macronarch is that you can't target monsters in your graveyard if you don't have any, but I think at this point I'm just using that as an excuse for space.
There's a lot of stuff missing that I'm not thinking of at the moment....

Stuff I wanna try:
Vanity's Ruler is a card I wanna try out more. Right now, there's a single copy in my side, but when I had it mained, people would immediately surrender upon its summon. 1 copy just doesn't seem like it's enough and even Frognarch can run up to 3 LaDD. And since I have 1-3 monsters coming back each turn, I could use more monsters that require multiple tributes. However, there's always the fear that it's gonna be dead draw which is why it's mained right now. I prefer it over Vanity's Fiend since Ruler only affect my opponent and I have the tributes for it anyways. Something else I wanna try is making the deck oriented toward D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation. In combination with Power Tool Dragon, it might be good, but again, I'm missing tuners, space is tight, and it just feels like a bad idea. There was some more stuff I wanted to try, but I can't remember them all so I'll maybe update this later.

Edit: Thinking about adding in some Dark Bribe's for Fissure/Bribe protection against MST/Heavy. I dislike Bribe because it gives my opponent +1 but it might be necessary. Also, one of this deck's advantages over Frognarch is the ability to run more backrow which I really haven't done. Space is still tight though so I dunno what to take out...

Edit2: Updated deck list
Main Deck (40):
Monsters (19):
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Caius the Shadow Monarch (3)
Raiza the Storm Monarch (3)
D.D. Survivor (2)
D.D. Scout Plane (2)
Cyber Valley (3)
Battle Fader (3)
Effect Veiler (2)

Spells (13):
Allure of Darkness
Reinforcement of the Army
Dark Hole
Soul Exchange (2)
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Enemy Controller (3)
Dimensional Fissure (3)

Traps (Cool:
Return from the Different Dimension
Mirror Force (2)
Macro Cosmos (2)
Solemn Judgement
Dark Bribe (2)

Extra Deck (15)
Fusion Monsters (1):
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Synchro Monsters (6):
Ally of Justice Decisive Armor
Mist Wurm
Scrap Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Ally of Justice Catastor
Formula Synchron

XYZ Monsters (Cool:
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7
Photon Strike Bounzer
Sword Breaker
Inzektor Exa-Beetle
Number C39: Utopia Ray
Daigusto Phoenix
Gachi Gachi Gantestu

Side Deck (15):
Mobius the Frost Monarch (3)
Cyber Dragon (2)
Puppet Plant (3)
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon (2)
Torrential Tribute (2)
Skill Drain (2)

From current testing, the updated build works a lot better. The Cyber Valley's add in some much needed draw power that the deck was lacking before while still maintaining protection. Thestalos was removed completely and I kinda wish I had more room to put in more tribute monsters. I dunno why, but I never thought to put in ROTA before. Soul Exchange isn't as useful will less tribute monsters so it was bumped down to 2. Still looking for something to take out for another MST. Macro was bumped down to 2 because it just ended up as a dead draw too much. Even with it at 2, I still Valley'ed into 2 of them one time. Solemn Judgement added for more control. Dark Bribes added for more Fissure/Macro protection and general disruption. Horn of Heaven's taken out because they just weren't working. Gold Sarcophagus's were taken out because they weren't useful enough either. Lance taken out for room, will prolly go back in later. Thinking about maining the 2 Skill Drains, but I'm not sure yet.

Any further help and/or criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Neocryx on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jaaden

Jaaden

Event Manager

Duel Season : 1-0-1

Duel Career : 21-0-6

YGOPro Name : Jaaden

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Macronarc - Needs help!   Macronarc - Needs help! Icon_m11Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm
all i Can say is..Veiler and macro dont work well together xD
Neocryx

Neocryx

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Macronarc - Needs help!   Macronarc - Needs help! Icon_m11Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:30 pm
Updated deck added to original post.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macronarc - Needs help!   Macronarc - Needs help! Icon_m11

Macronarc - Needs help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Era Academy :: Academics :: Deck Showcase-