HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Empty
PostSubject: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:09 am
||Brief History into the Deck||
Quote :

My younger brother influenced my return to Yu-Gi-Oh! He started the game in late 2010 with a somewhat messy deck, which was a hybrid build of Watts, Junk, and some Batterymen. Due to heavy inconsistencies and issues with the deck, I helped him clean it up over the course of these past few years. The deck itself is not as good in my hands as it is with him, he has the touch with this deck. I personally can not really run it well due to it's unusual gameplay style of defensive then offensive, but in short. This deck is not mines, but it is my brothers with some alterations made by me to improve consistency.
||The Deck||
Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! ToysofThunder
Quote :

||Main Deck = 40||
Quote :

1. Wattaildragon
3. Batteryman AA
2. Batteryman Micro-Cell
1. Honest
2. Junk Synchron
1. Quickdraw Synchron
2. Thunder Seahorse
3. Wattcobra
3. Wattdragonfly
2. Wattgiraffe

1. Book of Moon
1. Dark Hole
1. Heavy Storm
2. Inferno Reckless Summon
1. Monster Reborn
2. Mystical Space Typhoon
2. Photon Lead
1. Pot of Avarice
2. Tuning

2. Bottomless Trap Hole
1. Solemn Judgment
2. Solemn Warning
2. Torrential Tribute
||Side Deck = 15||
Quote :

2. D.D. Crow
1. Dandylion
2. Lightray Daedalus
2. Marshmallon
2. Thunder King Rai-Oh

2. Gozen Match
2. Mask of Restrict
2. Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror
||Extra Deck = 15||
Quote :

1. Ally of Justice Catastor
1. Drill Warrior
1. Junk Archer
1. Junk Berserker
1. Junk Destroyer
1. Junk Gardna
1. Junk Warrior

1. Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1. Gagaga Gunman
1. Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1. Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1. Number 32: Shark Drake
1. Number C32: Shark Drake Vice
1. Radiant Photon Pariados
1. Wind-Up Zenmaines
||Gameplay Style and Weaknesses||
Quote :

Rather than going over how this deck fairs against my own personal opinion of the "Top Six" decks of the format, I rather discuss it's gameplay style.

This deck starts out the game defensively by searching and stalling until the field is set-up or cleared, then proceeds to go into an explosive offensive in an attempt to take a huge chunk of life points from your opponent. ((Such a synchro material in the graveyard and some deck thinning is done.)) Normally the master combo is a Gachi Gachi with Junk Warrior gaining the attack of a pair of Wattdragonfly's under it's belt hitting 4500 Attack, allowing it to mow over most boss monsters with ease.

Now the weaknesses of this deck; Skill Drain, Macro-Cosmos, and anything that removes or negates tends to shut this deck down hard until an MST is drawn into. While this deck does manage to hold it's own against some meta decks, it lacks heavily in raw power with the only boss monster being Wattaildragon due to it's easy access via Wattdragonfly, so if it came down to a battle of power this deck would not fair well.

I would appreciate feedback and criticism and what not, thank you.
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm
Bumping it up, advice and thoughts greatly appreciated.
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am
Another interesting deck and I can't even see how it would play.

So I can't really give any constructive advise, although there are a few obvious flaws. 2 Tunings with only 3 targets is ridiculous and even pretty dumb. Instead, I'd add a third Thunder Sea Horse (allows you to search them out with your first Seahorse, which will stack up in crazy advantage plays over time).

And I'd also add a single Compulsory. I'm not quite sure on the rulings, but if I'm not mistaken, if you chain Compulsory to IRS, they don't get to summon anything (but I could be wrong). Even if that isn't possible, Compulsory can still take care of 1 of your opponent's monsters, which means you'll be getting at least 1 direct attack in. I simply think Compulsory is mandatory in any kind of OTK deck, but it seems to have especially good synergy in this build. It also singlehanedly takes care of Zenmaines and Gachi, which I can imagine are the bane of this deck.

That's about it that I can say from just looking. Hope it was helpful Smile
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 am
I could try a third Sea Horse.
The 2 Tunings are there to search out. Even with 3 searchable cards, it is still pretty decent engine, but I assume you are right.

Compulsory itself is an iffy, but I'll see how it works as I have plenty of monster destruction and negation.

Thank you for your input, Valkyria~! :3

EDIT @Valkyria: Yeah, I tried out no Tunings or 1 Tuning, the synergy was off. The tunings allowed to combo into a Junk Warrior at 3200 or a Junk Berserker/Archer... Without it, I rarely get to Junk Synchron and Quickdraw, so I chose to keep the Tunings, apologies.

I am now trying the third Seahorse over Wattaildragon. So far I haven't notice any big difference other than not drawing into dragon, but so far seems my luck is against me as I haven't drawn into a single horse. I'll keep testing and see how that goes.

Last edited by Obscurum on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tested the deck a bit... Result is as followed)
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 am
But isn't the point of this deck to make a Batteryman OTK? That's why I saw the Tunings as useless, as Junk Synchron looked more like a good tech card, rather than the main strategy.

If Junks are your main strategy, you should run more. And drop the IRS, but that would also mean dropping Batteryman.

Like I said, I had no idea what this deck is supposed to do, because it looks like it's trying to do too much at the same time Razz I simply based my advice on what I figured would be the win condition, which looked like Batterymen to me.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!   Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder! Icon_m11

Yo! Yusei called, he wants his Junk back! - Toys of Thunder!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1