HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What is/was your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime so far?
Duel Monsters
Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-st1041%Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-en10
 41% [ 15 ]
GX
Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-st1032%Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-en10
 32% [ 12 ]
5D's
Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-st1022%Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-en10
 22% [ 8 ]
ZEXAL
Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-st105%Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Bar-en10
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am
Here is a poll, discuss your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime series/spin-off and why.

I personally liked all of them, just a few complaints on slow story development and plot holes here and there, but which series doesn't have them?
But out of all of them, my most favorite is ZEXAL. While it is repetitive with some jokes, such as Yuma misplacing something or being constantly dumbfounded or weak without Astral around. It can have sort of an allure to it. The way it takes on the whole friendship role of the first series and just expands on it, along with how one should not cling on to thoughts of revenge or feelings of hate. It's pretty nice... that and I enjoy seeing a bunch of kids in pain. Shark bleeding and Kaito suffering from his photon suit. Pretty cool stuff there that the previous series wouldn't really touch upon unless it came down to season 0 of the Duel Monsters series.

Please feel free to provide your poll answer and a reason why.
Thank you.
Apocalypse835

Apocalypse835

Duel Career : 0-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm
well im kinda the same, i did like all of them. I am enjoying zexal right now and the new cards in it are amazing, BUt although the origianal yugioh was pretty jagged getting started in the first couple of seasons, that became amazing.But GX one-uped it. it was amazing from the first episode and was great fun watching all the way through. But i think the best, and my Favorite, it yugioh 5D'S. i realy enjoyed the series and was so much fun to watch. alot of people complaind about the synchro monsters saying that they are crap and ruining the game, BUt they have done the same with the xyz monsters in zexal, although evryone enjoys them. i just think with 5d's there was always somwhere to go on further. the english anime ended pretty craply, BUt if you watched the REAL final few episodes in the jap subbed, it was amazing and by far the very best ending to any yugioh series. im kinda ashamed to say it, But the last couple of episodes of 5DS brought a tear to my eye lol.

there. yugioh rant over Razz
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm
Overall? I have to say Duel Monsters is my favourite. Sure, the regular sappy friendship speeches from Tea gets a little old after a while, sure sometimes the story can drag a little, and sure the filler arcs can be tedious and boring at times, but every show has it's flaws; and this series is the one that got me into Yu-Gi-Oh. I found the entire story of the original series amazing, the 5000 year old Pharaoh, The Millennium Items, the Seal of Orichalcos, Battle City, The Egyptian Gods, the fact that it was the first time the game had been showed, just everything! Believe me, it is an extremely close tie for me between Duel Monsters and GX, and I really loved GX and the fact that they really pushed fusion monsters in it, and the whole idea of the dueling academy was awesome, but I just can't help but love the original series; the nostalgia, the old cards and rules, Seto's ego, it all was so amazing to me, and I feel like if there could only be one show of Yu-Gi-Oh ever to have existed, I would have wanted it to be this one.

After, GX, it has to be 5Ds in third place. I haven't seen enough of Zexal to have a solid opinion on it (i've seen like 20 episodes of it?) So, for me the order of series in greatness and awesome goes in the order that they got released.

Duel Monsters - First Place
GX - Second
5Ds - Third
Zexal - Fourth.

So yup, there is mah opinion. Very Happy
Shubz

Shubz

Team : Trojan

Duel Career : 28-0-15

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:56 pm
i have to agree with aang although DM and GX were miles ahead of the other two xD
Creus

Creus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 pm
It's prolly GX for me for the fact that it's the only Yu-gi-oh anime I ever finished watching. I watched the others and didn't finish because I lost interest or I was sidetracked by something.
Celessia

Celessia

Duel Career : 7-0-10

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:34 am
Razz my fav is the original it cant get better than the original Razz
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Team : None O.O

Duel Career : 12-0-9

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:21 pm
my favorite is 5d's though i miss DM and GX formats on dueling xD
Synchrons *-* they see me swarming!
Derpy

Derpy

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:09 pm
Celessia wrote:
Razz my fav is the original it cant get better than the original Razz

Id agree with Celessia, the origional stood out better then the other series and it was the first one to get me into the game
zombiemaster2

zombiemaster2

Duel Career : 27-0-13

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 pm
My favorite is GX. The academy, the kinds of decks they used, Jaden/Judai... and I never got to watch ALL of 5ds and DM like i did GX, where I even watched season 4. 5ds is in second though, because oh how yusei astounded me personally with his character and skill.
Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 pm
My favorite is Original 1st season. It was like Avatar of today when I first saw it
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:12 am
Well, my favorite "season" is Season 4, Waking the Dragons of the original Duel Monsters. (Japanese style, the dub made it look way too kiddy)

However, when considering the overall Series, 5D's is my absolute favorite. It simply came across as the most "mature" version of all other series. Again, just the Japanese version, where Carly actually dies. Yup, you heard that right, in the Japanese version, Carly falls from a skyscraper and you can actually see her body on the ground afterwards. If I remember correctly, in the dubbed, she just falls out of the window (which has a white glow behind it, instead of seeing other buildings) after which that Psychic dude says something about sending her to the Shadow Realm or that kind of junk.

5Ds was directed for a completely different kind of audience (the older fans). I actually thought it was a great idea, as those who loved the first series were matured by that time. Apperently Konami CEO's did not share that kind of view, as 5Ds ended way too soon and ZeXal is by far the most kiddiest of all Series. And also the reason why it's my least favorite.

As a 21-year old myself *shames*, I prefer watching grown-ups playing children card games than watching children play them lol.

EDIT: GX holds a special place in my heart though. I used to hate it, but when I started to watch the Japanese version (I swear, 4Kids ruin these shows way too much lol), I simply couldn't stop watching. I still don't really "like" it, but it had some kind of allure that just kept me watching episode after episode. It was really addictive.
Kurama

Kurama

Team : Team Ashpyxiate

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 am
Ahh Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters...Kidnapping, stealing, and stealing souls..whats not to love? Razz
Vankata

Vankata

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:44 pm
Duel Monsters, the storyline was soo much better than the others, the duels were also epic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.   Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series. Icon_m11

Let's talk; Yu-Gi-Oh! Animes; Your favorite series.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1