Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-5

Plz help with my banishment deck 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Plz help with my banishment deck Empty
PostSubject: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 am
my goal is to build a functioning banishment deck, I don't want an antimeta deck. This is my first deck(I have built this from scratch from my experience dueling) my side deck is advice mostly but anyways i would really appreciate any advice you guys have to offer.[img]Plz help with my banishment deck D_d_11[/img]
crazy88

crazy88

Duel Career : 14-0-15

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 am
I suggest throwing in gorz, mirror force, and some other staples
Boattack

Boattack

Duel Season : 2-0-8

Duel Career : 25-0-47

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am
okay first off.. where are your d.d. scout planes?? Those shoudl be needed in this :/ I'm not sure, what way u wanna approach this, so I'm just gonna suggest one way..

-1x Chaos Sorc (this shouldn't even be used in a deck, that banish it's targets)
- 2x d.d. master (or whatever those are called, next to the chaos sorc)
-3x kycoo (more of a side-deck card (: )
-1x D.D. Survivor
- 2-3 D.D. Assailant
- 2-3 D.D. Warrior lady
- Necroface
- 1-2z Psychic Commander

- 1x Emergency Call
- Gravekeepers servant
- 1x Soul drain (i'm guessing thats the one?)
-3x Chaos Zone

- D.D. Dynamite

Add ins:

1-2x Caius
2x Raiza
2x Guardian Eatos
1x Mobius
1-2x Krebons
3x D.D. Scout Plane (ur most important one really)

3x Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm (it can become usefull, and U have 5 remove targets anyways)
1x Soul Release (for eatos sake)
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon
2-3x Enemy Controller (beast with scout and survivor)

1x Torrential Tribute
1x Mirror Force
1x dimensional Prison
2x Solemn Warninng
1x Solemn Judgment
1x The Huge Revolution is Over (stardust aint that good with remove anyways)
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device or Bottomless Trap Hole

This should give u some idea (:

Now for your side deck Wink

-2x Dark Bribe (pretty meh now that u have solemn and huge revolution)
-2x Fiendish Chain (not that good this format, but those are really up to u)

Adds: (these are all suggestives)

1-2 Night Beam (or Dust tornado) in case u face a heavy trap deck like rabbits or dw's siding skill drain Wink
1-2 System Down (for machines, u can also go 1 cyber and 1x chrimeratech dragon)
1-2x Brain Golem (shuts down agents, hunders and all other lights and can be used with light-imprissoning)
Possible LADD
Nobleman crossout
Vanity Fiend (hurts ur deck aswell but hurts wind-ups way more)

Also ur extra deck needs some work. I think I can spot stuff that doesn't even really work for ur deck (doom dragon?) while more important once like scrap Dragon and Dark End dragon is missing (:

Also a little hint, if u havent alraedy figured out (: When Dim Fissure is up, and u xyz, the detached xyz wont be removed (:

Hope u can use some of this - seeya in game sooner or later (:

Quote :
I suggest throwing in gorz, mirror force, and some other staples

Gorz ain't really viable with 5 continues removers witch is pretty essential for this deck Wink
Epic Furry

Epic Furry

Team : Trinity

Duel Career : 5-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 am
Well I don't know too much about these sorts of decks, but I would recommend trying to stick to 40 cards. I mean 41 isn't a bad number though it is close to 40, though. I would also recommend running 3 Macro Cosmos over 3 Dimensional Fissure, since Macro is a far better card. Like I said I don't know too much about the deck but... it could use some improvement. But Crazy is right, staples would be amazing for the deck lol. Just because it's Macro doesn't mean it should be staple-less.
AKittySensei

AKittySensei

Duel Career : 5-0-5

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 am
drago1407 wrote:
my goal is to build a functioning banishment deck, I don't want an antimeta deck. This is my first deck(I have built this from scratch from my experience dueling) my side deck is advice mostly but anyways i would really appreciate any advice you guys have to offer.[img]Plz help with my banishment deck D_d_11[/img]

Just to clarify, if you're maining cards that remove continuously, it'll be considered an "anti-meta" deck since majority of the "meta" decks are hindered by these removal cards.

After looking over everything, I believe the deck is lacking a good central theme. There's several different combos that I think you're trying to pull off in the deck but aren't particularly good synergy-wise and will more often than not give you inconsistent hands.

Also, deck is missing control cards that give you advantage. What you have are a lot of control cards which are 1:1 tradeoffs with the D.D. assailant and d.d. warrior lady, those won't win you games since you lose a card and so does opponent. Other duelists can just overpower you or if you ever run into duelists using veiler or skill drain you're pretty much dead with only having weak atk mons and nothing else to back you up.

D.D.M./Chaos Zone + Mental Seeker is one of the combos that this deck doesn't need. Mental Seeker is a monster that was meant to be used in combination with other psychic monsters, particularly Serene Psychic Witch & Hushed Psychic Cleric. Though since you're running cards that remove monsters indiscriminately (Macro/Dim Fissure), witch & cleric wouldn't be playable in this deck.

Removing a lot of cards from your opponent is good, but simply removing cards from play is not enough to win.There has to be a win condition (such as D.D. Dynamite, Deck Out, Return from the Different Dimension swarm, etc.) or something else that can give you advantage card-wise. Boaattack gave a good example of a Monarch-Removal deck which is good for control & helps you maintain or gain advantage.

Also, he gave a list of cards that aren't particularly necessary in the deck. I agree with his selections on what to take out, but what to put into the deck really depends on what kinda strategy you want to focus on in this deck. Once you figure that out, then we can come up with a better idea of what to add in.
drago1407

drago1407

Duel Career : 0-0-5

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 pm
Ok a central theme...... if i had to name one it would be remove from play as many cards as possible consistently and in doing so create an advantage for me while hindering my opponents use of cards i guess that would be a control/lockdown situation as for a win condition d.d. dynamite would be an awesome one but i am open to ideas
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plz help with my banishment deck   Plz help with my banishment deck Icon_m11

Plz help with my banishment deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1