HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gravekeeper's Mind Crush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What would be the rating of this deck in a match?
★★★★★
Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Bar-st100%Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Bar-en10
 0% [ 0 ]
★★★★
 0% [ 0 ]
★★★
 0% [ 0 ]
★★
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Gravekeeper's Mind Crush 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Empty
PostSubject: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 pm
Well, basically I decided to re-make my Gravekeeper's deck because I finally realized I could main Mind Crush with it lol, so yeah, basically that's it, a hand destruction deck.

Monsters (11):
2x Gravekeeper's Commandant
1x Gravekeeper's Assailant
2x Gravekeeper's Descendant
3x Gravekeeper's Spy
2x Gravekeeper's Recruiter
1x Effect Veiler

Spells (18):
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Royal Tribute
2x Pot of Duality
2x Gravekeeper's Stele
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Book of Moon
2x Wonder Wand
3x Necrovalley
1x Allure of the Darkness

Traps (11):
2x Mind Crush
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Starlight Road
1x Dimensional Prison
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning

Extra (15):
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Catastor

1x Evilswarm Ouroboros
1x Evilswarm Nightmare
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Utopia Ray
1x Utopia
1x Shock Master
1x Black Corn
1x Huge Palm, Giant Hand
1x Maestroke
1x Gagaga Gunman
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Leviathan
1x Zenmaines

Any suggestions? Ideas? Rating? Fixing? it's really the first Gravekeeper's deck I've made actually TO USE. The side is pretty much personal options, like Maxx "C" and Deck Destruction Virus in my case, the rest is pretty much standard side things, I'm not really sure if I would run it in a match however xD.

Last edited by Okkiru on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Deck List)
Neocryx

Neocryx

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 pm
I don't know that much about Gravekeepers, but your ratios seem a bit weird to me. I'm not entirely sure what to suggest with that department. I do think adding either Malefic Stardust or Malefic Cyber End would be nice, considering a big part of Gravekeepers is taking advantage of Necrovalley. Malefic Stardust can protect your Necrovalley and Malefic CED is a massive beatstick. As for the extra deck, Magical Android and Ouroboros seem sub par. I've never used Huge Palm before so I kinda wanna test it now. I'd be interested in playing against this deck some time.

Edit - Looked up ratios for monsters. This is what I found:
3 Spy
3 Recruiter
3 Commandant
2-3 Descendant
0-2 Assailant

Personally, I would take out the Wonder Wands. The only really viable monster to use it with is Recruiter, making it a bit situational. And even if you do manage to pull it off, it results in a +1, decreased field presence, and a possibility of a dead draw. However, it does thin the deck and there is a possibility of getting something good. Again, I've never really used Gravekeeper's before so my advice shouldn't be given that much weight.

Last edited by Neocryx on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 pm
I would drop 1 d prison and double up on the commandant. the deck is pretty standard, though myself, I don't really use prison at all; I do see it's potential in gk. compulse is good, so good for this deck. you can save your spies from backrow, barring solemns, and you can press your advantage by bouncing an exceed. Definitely find a place for allure of darkness though. that card is indispensable, especially if you run into a hand of 2 gk and no stele, you can fetch more backrow and set one gk, then royal tribute without losing monsters. Your ratios are pretty much correct, low monster count is par for the course with gk, but double veiler in the main deck might be a little much. I'd go -1 on that, side board that sucker, and put in another recruiter or descendant. Recruiter moreso because it is a floater.
Okkiru

Okkiru

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm
Changes so far:
-1 Effect Veiler
+1 Commandant
-1 Dimensional Prison
+1 Allure of the Darkness

-1 Magical Android
+1 Evilswarm Nightmare

Notes: I'd rather not increase the monster count, since the goal of the deck is hand destruction, basically use Royal Tribute as almost an Ace, and then finish the work with Mind Crush after seeing his hand, and of course, Necrovalley keep getting destroyed over and over and over again, that's why I run 3, and now 2 Commandant.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm
I think the only suggestion I have left is to add Abyss Dweller to the extra deck. Necrovally can't stop cards that move themselves from the graveyard so Abyss Dweller provides a perfect stop to that. Other than that, good build!
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 pm
good call; keep in mind though, that mind crush requires you have one card in hand to activate. that's why I suggested using 3 recruiter; you can pop one to wonder wand to gain your +1 and dig through your deck for extra backrow, then set it and have a guaranteed monster in hand to use as mind crush fodder. Though your deck is meant to know what your opponent's hand is at all times; there will be times when you're guessing blindly, and you want to have the option to plus with gk stele if you get the mind crush wrong.

Neocryx wrote:

Personally, I would take out the Wonder Wands. The only really viable monster to use it with is Recruiter, making it a bit situational. And even if you do manage to pull it off, it results in a +1, decreased field presence, and a possibility of a dead draw. However, it does thin the deck and there is a possibility of getting something good. Again, I've never really used Gravekeeper's before so my advice shouldn't be given that much weight.

the decreased field presence isn't so big a deal. when you pop a card for wonder wand, you gain necrovalley and an increased backrow, ideally. the backrow should be able to keep you alive long enough to regain field presence, monster-wise. his ratio is good for a gravekeeper deck. The deck normally runs between 11-14 monsters due to royal tribute. Some people triple up on GK stele and increase their monster count, but this leaves the deck poorly defended against monsters in a spam heavy format. There's also the issue of protecting necrovalley; some use the malefics, others prefer to set backrow to protect it so as not to increase their monster count, or leave out much needed GK. That said, a tech piece of advice that most players won't give you is to side macro cosmos in the deck. it hurts your recruiter, but the benefits outweigh the cost. darks are easier to work with from the banish zone than most other attributes, but more than anything, you should switch your strategy when you side in macro to a descendant heavy style. just pop and don't worry about anything else.
Okkiru

Okkiru

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am
Testing Changes:
-1 Photon Papilloperative
+1 Abyss Dweller

Notes: Wonder wand has been amazing so far, it have many uses, I can use it to go for a card search + 2 draws with recruiter, or just make a 2600 atk monster with Commandant, normally after using Royal Tribute + Mind Crush, the hand of my opponent is so empty that he can't get over a 2600 atk monster, also the deck need to be thin and cosistent if I want to use Royal Tribute + Mind Crush.

I didn't had much problems about having mind crush while I don't have royal tribute, eventually they end by using Duality/Searcher Cards that show me what they got, but royal tribute wasn't so hard to bring to hand however, with 11 monsters it is nearly never a dead draw.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravekeeper's Mind Crush   Gravekeeper's Mind Crush Icon_m11

Gravekeeper's Mind Crush

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1