Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Disaster Suppressor Dragons 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Disaster Suppressor Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 am
Disaster Dragons are back! This is my first attempt at making a Suppressor Dragon deck so I thought I'd give the Disaster Dragon build a shot. I'm also working with a Rabbit variant that works quite well, but I feel like this variant is a bit more fun. My main focus right now is getting the main deck fixed up so the extra and side decks are a bit of the mess. All suggestions are welcome!

Current build:
Disaster Suppressor Dragons Suppre10

--Main--
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x1
Light and Darkness Dragon x2
Dragunity Arma Leyvaten x1
Blaster, the Flame Suppressor Dragon x3
Tempest, the Storm Suppressor Dragon x3
Redox, the Rigid Suppressor Dragon x3
Koa'ki Meiru Drago x1
Debris Dragon x2
Golem Dragon x2
Masked Dragon x2
Exploder Dragon x1
Totem Dragon x2
Treasured Sword of the Seven Stars x3
Heavy Storm x1
Dark Hole x1
Gold Sarcophagus x3
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Reborn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Burial from a Different Dimension x1
Dragon Ravine x2
Return from the Different Dimension x1
Solemn Judgment x1

--Extra--
Trident Dragion x1
Black Rose Dragon x1
Iron Chain Dragon x1
Phantom Beast Plane Drago-Sack x2
Number 11: Big Eye x2
Queen Dragun Djinn x2
Lightning Chidori x1
Abyss Dweller x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon x1
Leviair the Sea Dragon x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

--Side--
Koa'ki Meiru Drago x2
Maxx "C" x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Effect Veiler x2
Royal Decree x3
Skill Drain x3
Rivalry of Warlords x2

Change Log:
Version 1.0
-1 Masked Dragon
-1 Exploder Dragon
+1 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
+2 Dragon Ravine
-2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
Version 2.0
-1 Red-Eyes Wyvern
-1 Necroface
-1 Delta Flyer
+2 Debris Dragon
+2 Golem Dragon
+1 Burial from a Different Dimension
-2 Solemn Warning
Version 3.0

Last edited by Neocryx on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 am; edited 3 times in total
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 am
i think u should lower all suppressor dragons to 2x and should think of adding more mill cards such as lyla and ryko to get ur supressors out faster maybe a card trooper
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 am
Having 3 of each Suppressor Dragon is staple in this build. You want to draw into them and they tag each other out when they're banished. Only running 2 of each slows the deck down and space isn't really that much of an issue here. I don't want to add a mill engine to this deck. It doesn't help that much in terms of speed and since half of my deck is spells and traps, most of what I mill I need. Thanks for the suggestions though!
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:23 am
Well, I don't really understand about these archtype, and I don't have YGOPro on this computer to take a look, but if you really want they in your hand (Increase concistency), then you should probally add Pot of Duality, Trade-In and make it a 40 cards deck, however Card Trooper let's you mill, can destroy a Rai-Oh, and allow you to draw when it gets destroyed, and still, a target for Redox.

Tough I didn't got the point of LADD on this deck.
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:31 am
For some reason, I completely forgot about Duality when I made the deck so I'll try to add those in now. Trade-In isn't relevant in this deck cause the only lvl 8's I'm using are LaDD. I also forgot Card Trooper was a Redox target so I might try that now too.

As for LaDD, I had a little bit of space and I was using it in a Disaster Dragon deck so I'd thought I'd trying it out here. It works well with Totem Dragon, which is also a Redox target, and Tempest makes it easy-ish to search out. I'll prolly test without LaDD's and Totems and try 2 Duality and 2 Card Trooper. Any suggestion on what to drop to make the deck 40?
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:51 am
personal experience tells me that the wind one is the most important; I'd suggest lowering the other 3 to 1 each; as they special summon themselves from the grave easily, and you'll want to draw into other dragons quicker too. I know this seems inconsistent, but I'd run allure of darkness as well to use on necroface, which coupled with gold will give you more options for using your suppressors. I'd drop masked to 2; searchers aren't impressive in a format with so much d fissure and maining dweller; so you'll want to keep them at a minimum to suprise the opponent. I'd also put the compulses in the side, or take them out altogether, replacing them with much needed call of the haunteds. I'd drop exploder to 1 and double up on koaki meiru drago; it's a great pick with your wind searcher, and it absolutely eats agents alive. The only other thing I see missing is dragon ravine; a must for a disaster style suppressor build; though you DO hit the suppressor effects, the key combos will be set off much quicker with ravine. It's also needed because it turns a dead draw into advantage; something this deck will need to thrive. Here's my alpha version of this deck; it's a work in progress for me. I'll build a side for it when I am completely comfortable with the main.

Disaster Suppressor Dragons 0K81uGF
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:10 am
I don't want to drop Redox and Blaster to 1, but I might try testing 2. The point is to add another copy to the hand when one is banished to use later. Running only 1 defeats that purpose. The Allure idea is something I'm hesitant to try out as it seems massively inconsistent and extremely situational with only Necroface. But it does seem like something that would be fun to try if I have room. Blaster is usually my only out in a lot of situations which is why I run Masked Dragons. The search aspect is also very useful when it comes to pulling out a needed Totem or Exploder. Compulses are preferable for much needed removal or stalling and most builds I've seen run it. However, I'll try switching them out for Calls to test. I'll prolly drop Exploder to 1, but I don't want to add another Koa'ki Mieru Drago. Drago's much more useful as a side card and is possibly dead against some dekcs. However, it does stop TGU (Kind of), Gorz and Trag, staple in many decks that don't run any other lights or darks, which is why I prefer running a single copy and Tempest makes it extremely easy to search out. I'm hesitant on trying Ravine but I can see its uses so I'll try it.

As for your build, I have a few questions: Is the single Galaxy-Eyes working well or would you rather run a different dragon over it? How useful are the 2 Prime Material? It's effect is nice, but its attribute hinders its usefulness here. Also, why are you running Tidals? Its effect is the least useful in a non-water build. Why 3 Dark Eruption? Your only target is Necroface. Are 2 Treasured Swords enough or does Ravine balance it out? Is there any particular reason you don't run Return from the Different Dimension? With all the banishing, it's a great way to go into a bunch of Xyz's, such as Big Eye and Drago Sack.

Last edited by Neocryx on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:12 am
as I said, I'm still getting used to the suppressors, so my build isn't complete. I'm running the eruptions to get back necroface to not only reset my banish cards (happens so much) but also use necroface for overlays. Galaxy Eyes is in there to eat xyz, that's his main purpose in the deck, prime is there atm simply to use for rank 6 exceeds, though I'm going to cycle him out, as he really isn't coming out consistently enough for my liking, the water dragon shouldn't be in there, but I'm hesitant to put in the fire one, and I don't want to drop any more suppressors. I might go for 2 more earth instead in the future. I'm not running return from the different because I'm focusing on LADD more than anything, the leyvaten ladd lock makes it difficult to use any non counter trap backrow, and yes, the 2 ravine really DO balance the deck out vs. running 3 of the draw spell. Another thing that irks me is sometimes the KC launcher doesn't allow me to use the draw spell even when I have a suppressor in hand; when that happens, I have to brick my dragons and summon it; it's annoying. I will definitely get back to you when I have a LITTLE more experience with the build; and I realize that my extra deck is trash right now; it will be better as I find which monsters I like to play and consistently play. For now, I keep winning before I even get a chance to play any of them lol. the only one I've been able to summon is the dragon queen.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am
Okay... first off, let me make it clear there is no answer for how to run Suppressors but I think my experience in them will be useful here.

While there are many ways to run them there are about 5 main variants: Heraldic, Skill Drain, Plant Engine, Disaster, Rabbit. There are pros and cons to each type but as a Disaster Dragon fan I obviously like the Disaster engine the most.

Just some points Neo:

1) Wyvern is good, but it's better to focus on 2 Drago, 2 Debris as the search for Wind Dragons (as we don't really focus on REDMD anymore)

2) Run 3 of Blaster, Tempest, and Renox: no question. Only reason I don't like the Water is because in the Disaster build, we focus on consistency: those 3 can search out other key cards but the Water can't (unless you are running Blizzard Dragon).

3) 2 Masked Dragon will be good (and don't think you really need Delta here). LADD and Totem work fine: but it will lead to consistency issues: personally I prefer running more traps but that is up to you.

4) Another one I forgot when I posted: Exploder and Totem work fine, but a card that is out now which works even better is Kodomo Dragon: + gives BRD with Debris. It's something you can test out.

5) If you want to talk more, add me on skype or something, always happy to help a fellow Disaster lover out Smile
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 pm
@Decato
I've dropped a Wyvern for space. I still don't want to double up Drago seeing as it isn't that effective against every single deck but when I find some space I'll try it. I'm running Leyvaten now which is actually pretty good. It's attribute provides synergy with Tempest and the Leyvaten-LaDD loop is always fun. I really don't like Debris because of the lack of targets and I personally have a vendetta against it.

I tried running 2 Blaster, 2 Redox, and 3 Tempest, but I couldn't stand it. My build stands happily now at 3 of each. I've heard Tidal is good because of access to Abyssgaios, but like you said, it isn't worth running without Blizzard (which would be an interesting side against Geargia).

2 Masked are testing pretty well now. Delta is there for more synchro options. With all the Suppressors being lvl 7, it makes Trident a much more viable option and Delta's effect makes lvl 7 and 8's easy to synchro for as well. However, I may drop him in the future as I rarely even use synchros. LaDD + Totem works quite well and makes up for the lack of traps. Sitting on LaDD while gathering up resources is quite nice and Totem works well with Redox and as a way to normal summon the Suppressors if need be.

My first build used Kodomo but I simply found its effect sub par. The only really summonable monsters with his effect are the Suppressors and seeing as he has a battle phase restriction, the summon is pretty useless as the Suppressors have to return to the hand later anyways. However, I did not run it with Debris so I might try it out again. Golem Dragon is also an interesting tech to run with Debris, essentially making a free rank 4.

I unfortunately don't use Skype, but I'd like to talk more about the deck. Disaster Dragon was the first deck I tried out when I first got back into YGO again a few months back and I'm loving how Suppressors are working with it. Thanks for the advice!

--

Updated original post with current build and added changelog

Current Build:

Changes from previous:
-1 Masked Dragon
-1 Exploder Dragon
+1 Dragunity Arma Leyvaten
+2 Dragon Ravine
-2 Compulsory Evacuation Device

The deck is working pretty well. I'll prolly bump the deck total to 41 with another Koa'ki Meiru Drago. It's a bit lacking in the defense department so I'd like to work on that next. No changes yet to side and extra decks yet. Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Last edited by Neocryx on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 am
So it's been a few weeks since I last updated this deck but I've done a good bit of testing since.

Current build:

Changes:
-1 Red-Eyes Wyvern
-1 Necroface
-1 Delta Flyer
+2 Debris Dragon
+2 Golem Dragon
+1 Burial from a Different Dimension
-2 Solemn Warning

There's quite a few things I wanna talk about. Basic changes were dropping Wyvern, Delta Flyer, and Warnings. Wyvern was a card I never used and the only justification I had for running it was that it had synergy with REDMD and it worked with Tempest. However, 1 copy simply did not accomplish anything. I tried testing a second Drago as a replacement and while it's a nicer beater, it's effect still makes it better as a side card. Delta Flyer on the other hand is a great card and I'm sad to have to drop it. Like Wyvern, it saw extremely little play, but this was so more because of preference than lack of usefulness. Its searchable with Masked Dragon, has synergy with Tempest, and it brings a lot of synchros to the deck. This is literally just a case of "it's not you, it's me". Warnings were dropped for space and the deck is aggressive and fast enough such that I really don't need them that much. However, if I ever make space, Warning will prolly be one of the first cards I add back in.

The biggest changes were replacing Necroface with Burial and adding in Debris/Golem. Taking out Necroface was something I was extremely conflicted about and I'm still debating if I should add it back in. The 5 card banish with Gold Sarc is both extremely disruptive and easily banishes Suppressors straight from the deck, netting a good deal of advantage in the process. 2 turns later, it comes to the hand, allowing for recycling of all banished cards. However, luck is a huge factor in why I dropped it. I found myself simply banishing Necroface with the first Gold Sarc I would draw. The banishes I got would be somewhat decent, but I found that I was banishing too many cards that I would need later and at times, no Suppressors would be banished at all. The disruption factor also did little and games tended to end before I would need to recycle all banished cards. Recycling also undid any disruption to opponents, conflicted with RftDD, and drawing into Necroface always gave a terrible feeling. Instead, running Burial has worked a lot better for me. My play style of the deck now revolves around getting the three Suppressor dragons into my hand/grave as soon as possible to maximize advantage gained from them. Thus, I am banishing all 3 extremely quickly and my banished zone quickly fills up with at least one of each. By using Burial, I can return one of each to the grave and instantly use one of them to banish the other two again to add another two cards to my hand and essentially get a free summon, resulting in an easy +2. While it's semi-dead in an opening hand, it quickly becomes live within 1-2 turns and it's even better late game. Debris/Golem also works extremely well with the deck, adding easy rank 4 access to the deck and providing synergy with Tempest and Redox. Redox is also a nice way searchable/dumpable with Masked. Queen Dragun Djinn is also now a key player and its negation of the Suppressor's effect it summons allows the suppressor to stay on the field. Overall, these changes have been working pretty well for me.

Besides just these changes, there have been several of other cards I have tested. Among my favorites were Montage Dragon, Yamata Dragon, and Tidals. Montage was extremely fun, searchable when Redox is banished and an easy 6K+ beater whenever dropped. However, half the time the Suppressors are in the grave instead of the hand and pretty much any backrow card gets rid of it. Yamata was my all time favorite tech. When I first started running it, I knew I would take it out later, but it was simply too fun to resist. The best description I can give it is win-moar. Synergy with Treasured Sword and Blaster were a few excuses to use it, but the possible +5 upon battle damage was too hilarious not to try out. Unfortunately, 2600 atk doesn't make it a game changer and its effect only shines when you purposely overextend and use up your entire hand. Using Tidals was pretty interesting as well. It made Necroface's random banishing more live but its effect is subpar in conjunction with the lack of water dragon monsters. I also tried running the deck without Ravines, which worked decently, but drawing into them really does speed up the deck by several times.

Changes I'm still considering are taking out Drago and Exploder. Practically my only reason for keeping them is the synergy they have with Tempest and Redox. If I were to take them out, that would drop targets for Tempest and Redox to 3 and 4, respectively. I'm also considering adding in Necroface again as well as switching out LaDD/Leyvaten/Totems for more backrow.

So, these are my current thoughts with the deck. The main is looking pretty good so far, but there are a few things I still wanna tweak with it. It's uber aggro and super offensive, but it lacks a lot of defense. It has the ability to run traps, but the lack of space restricts me to only Judgement and RftDD. However, traps tend to conflict with LaDD's and the lack of traps allows for siding of Decrees. The extra deck still needs a bit of work as well and the side is mainly just preference cards. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome!
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 am
I agree that this build is much more consistent than your original. kudos to you on the proper side deck. a few small tidbits I find might help though;

1. Leyvaten Ladd lock needs at least 2 leyvaten to work consistently, especially with REDMD at 1 per deck. you don't want the opponent to space typhoon your ladd while your only leyvaten is out along with red eyes, leaving you no targets in the grave to recur the combo. the combo is stall with leyvaten ladd, til the last attack that CAN destroy it, then summon REDMD, using it to recur leyvaten ladd, thus gaining instant field advantage. while it's nice to have REDMD as a target in the grave, it's easier for an opponent to stop the one REDMD than it is for him to get over the double leyvaten combo. that said, 2 ladd is optimal too, for the same reason. that said, you might consider taking one of your monsters down to 1 in order to fit the leyvaten in. as I've said in the past, masked dragon isn't extremely impressive in the deck, and the fire suppressor usually need only be used once in a duel, as a way to remove that pesky utopia or whatnot to push for game, or help set up your combo. Guess it's up to user preference how you want to fit in the leyvaten, but anyone who runs disaster (yes, leyvaten ladd is a disaster dragon combo) will agree that 2/2 is optimal for that.

2. Iron chain dragon really has no purpose in the extra deck. sure, you CAN summon it, and it's a dragon, but it's ability is actually bad for you more often than good, so you'd only want to use it to run over defensive monsters if you summon it. perhaps it's user preference, and if so, I apologize for the criticism, but I'd either find an exceed combo with it, or ditch it in favor of a second black rose or even an exploder dragonwing. unfortunately, that means trident dragion not seeing any play, but really, would you rather have him blow your stuff up and run into gorz, or be able to hit that brd and fill your grave with more dragons for the suppressors?

3. lightning chidori is very iffy in this deck. I can see why you run it; it's amazing when you pull it off, but like trident dragion, it requires you to spend valuable resources on it (debris+debris or debris+drago?) I could see him in a build centered around getting out double delta flyer or the like (2 of them-lv 4? why on earth did you make this card, konami?) or one with more drago to work with, but with only 3 targets, committing 2 of them, 1 of which has to be a tuner you would and could otherwise use on a synchro to gain more advantage, or a dragon queen, I'd rather go for something a little more contemporary. Utopia or Maestroke readily come to mind, and can easily help you maintain field presence while you set up your grave.

4. Finally, I like your side deck. I have no real problems with the style whatsoever. I love your build, it's got definite potential, and like any fine tuned machine will benefit and only get stronger as you tinker with it. Congrats on a well-built deck.

all that said, it's time I believe, for me to show you what I have come up with on my own build, as promised. credits go to decato for helping me fine tune it. While I'm very comfortable with the deck it should in no way be assumed that I'm finished. There are and will always be things I can do to improve it, but I'm proud of my little build ^.^ also to answer a previous question; I do like galaxy eyes in the deck as an exceed eater, as well as a status resetter. never again will I have to worry about nonsense like gaia OTK or ben gay OTK, he eats inzektors alive too, which is a big plus for me.

Disaster Suppressor Dragons D9vssPF

I'll top it off with a replay. enjoy!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1iguxc
Neocryx

Neocryx

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 pm
@Cage Thanks for the comments! I've tested a lot of stuff out, but there's always more to look into!

1. I've considered using 2 Leyvaten before, but I've never actually tried it out. I'll try finding a way to fit it in, but Masked/Blaster I find too vital to take out. Masked helps speed up the deck a lot for me, bringing out totem or golem when I need them and it's another dragon in the grave I can banish. Blaster is mainly used as a beater in this deck. With the highest atk out of all the Suppressors, being able to normal summon it with Totem makes it a force to be reckoned with.

2. I'm gonna start off saying my extra deck is where I'm having the most problems. Given that I've taken out Delta Flyer, I've lost a lot of the synchro aspect the deck had before. However, because Debris has taken its place, I added the appropriate synchros. Iron Chain is meant to serve as a beater for the times I only have Totem in my grave and draw into Debris and have no other options. His 2500 atk is pretty decent and on occasion can benefit me by milling my opponents spells and traps. However, I have honestly never used Iron Chain so his place in my extra is very questionable at this time. Trident is also just there cause I can with Totem/Golem/Debris. He's being switched out asap.

3. Chidori is...I guess the best way to describe it is as a vestige of my past builds. The Suppressor Rabbit build I use focuses around summoning Luster Dragon so Chidori is best there. He's prolly the most situational card I run and it's a big "just in case" thing. Definitely coming out when I find an appropriate replacement....which is right now!

4. My side deck was made to pretty much lock down all threats I encounter. Decree for trap heavy decks, Rivalry for any decks that run multiple types, etc. I haven't played many matches as most people quit after game 1, but from what testing I've done, it works pretty well for me. Thanks for the suggestions!

As for your build, I really like the Galaxy-Eyes. My only quarrel with it is its attribute and even then, it's extremely easy to summon. The backrow is also something I've always wanted to try but I've always done something else instead. I commend you for your build as well!
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disaster Suppressor Dragons   Disaster Suppressor Dragons Icon_m11

Disaster Suppressor Dragons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1