Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 1-0-1

YGOPro Name : Lucario2812

Gantala Ice-Barrier 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Gantala Ice-Barrier Empty
PostSubject: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 pm
Monsters [20]:
3 x General Gantala of the Ice Barrier
2 x Dia-Sojo of the Ice Barrier
3 x Samurai of the Ice Barrier
3 x Strategist of the Ice Barrier
3 x Defender of the Ice Barrier
3 x Prior of the Ice Barrier
3 x Secret Guards of the Ice Barrier

Spell [10]:
1 x Moray of Greed
1 x Surface
1 x Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier
1 x Upstart Goblin
1 x Foolish Burial
1 x Monster Reborn
3 x Medallion of the Ice Barrier
1 x Salvage

Trap [10]:
2 x Bottomless Trap Hole
1 x Mirror Force
1 x Dimensional Prison
2 x Compulsory Evacuation
1 x Ultimate Offering
1 x Solemn Judgement
2 x Solemn Warning

Extra [7]:
3 x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 x Black Rose Dragon
2 x Ally of Justice Catastor
1 x T.G. Hyper Librarian

Also: I run a side deck just in case you were wondering since its not posted up here but I don't think it need much help so felt it wasn't needed to be listed here.
Dark Deity

Dark Deity

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm
You should add Bahamut Shark to your extra deck and number:47 Nightmare Shark could work well
Lucario2812

Lucario2812

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm
Thanks for the advice! ^_^
Dark Deity

Dark Deity

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 pm
Oh just thought you should also have utopia and gem-pearl in there just incase you need them seeing as you have space
Madnesslord

Madnesslord

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am
Lavalval chain comes handy when dupming gantala/tuners Very Happy

Also duality can fit here by taking upstart and moray.
Lucario2812

Lucario2812

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm
Cheers Madnesslord Very Happy Much appreciated.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm
You have got a good start ill give you that. From earlier comments i disagree. Gem pearl should not be added cause it has no affect all it is really is atk and defense points. Also your missing a couple of staples like dark hole and heavy storm in there. Those are a must in the deck. I will explain more in my next post after i do some research.
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 am
2 Solemn Warnings? Well, the actual format have Solemn Warning Limited, however.

On the main, I'd say:
-1 Solemn Warning. (Because you can run 2 in the actual format anyway)
-1 Upstart Goblin.

+1 Heavy Storm. (Really necessary, since you don't run any MST)
+1 Dark Hole OR Pot of Duality/Avarice.

Maybe reduce some monsters count to get monsters that simply take the enemy out of the, Snowman Eater is not bad, since he is a water type, and will make you enable to go for Lv 6 Synchros eventually, then Fiendish Chain would also come be of good use, since you can negate the effect of the monster you target, and still Bounce it back with Vulcan, and re-utilize it, however, Beast God Vulcan(Or Volcan) is a lv 6 synchro, so you would need to be able to make they.

You run warriors so why not ROTA?(aka Reinforcement of the Army)

Effect veiler. It is good for countering your opponent, and still can be used to make some catastors.

Maybe even Marauding Captain or Goblindberg were a option there, since you can use they to go for a fast lv 7/6 synchro, however, you can't use they to make Gungnir or Dewloren, but it is still better than doing nothing, only 3 tuners on the whole synchro deck seems a bit tricky too, it would also open doors for easy rank 3/4 XYZ.

Extra:
-Arcanite Magician can be made with this deck.
-Scrap Archfiend is a option for the big free room in the extra deck. (Can be made)
-Ancient Fairy Dragon... Well, if you have free space why not, he can special summon from hand, wich can be a option to make a Synchro or wte.
-It can make Mist wurm... not like if it was something easy to do but, yeah, it can be made, better than nothing.
- Rank 3/4/7 XYZ can be made, you can even use the Synchro monsters to make a Big Eye or a Mecha Phantom Drago-Sack, Also Rank 6 would be possible too with lv 6 Synchros/Dai-Sojo (Bounzer too good).

With Effect Veiler and Snowman Eater.
-Ancient Sacred Wyvern.
-Lv 8 Synchros, Stardust, Scrap Dragon, Flashing Carat etc.
-Lv 6 Synchros, Gaia Knight, Beast God Vulcan... yeah XD.
-Armory Arm.

Basically, there is a LOT of things that you can put on the extra deck, I can't even remember they all, no reason to keep it at 7, because 15 is already a too little space, and there is no advantage of not using it.

Also I don't really UNDERSTAND about Ice Barriers, because I never felt like making a Ice Barrier deck, just basic Synchro/XYZ things, and cards that can cleary work well in the deck as Snowman (Or cards that works well in any deck, as Veiler), Heavy Storm is just a Staple, Dark hole can be considered, if you opponent never overextend it is not such a great card, but diserve a place AT LEAST in the side deck.

Aka -if it was to run on my Style, I would change almost everything, but I guess you have your style of running it.

Gem-Knight Pearl is a good card, you must pick him or maestroke to run over Ophion in a synchro deck lol.

Almost forgot, you can run "Moulinglacia, the Elemental Lord" if you can manage the ammount of water monsters in your graveyard.
yarintheslayer

yarintheslayer

Duel Career : 49-0-46

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:35 pm
I'm running that deck in real life and I really like it and think i'm pretty decent with it, so I'll tell you what I think.
first of all, the samurai just doesn't worth a spot, all that just to draw a card? you got the strategist for that. You don't need more than 1 dai-sojo cuz you know.. his effect doesn't stack and you can always resurrect him+you need a spot for better cards.
As for the strategist, I only run 2, basically because you only want him to get Gantala into your graveyard, 3 is just too much just for that.
About the defenders, it's true he's a VERY awesome card, but don't forget that he is a tuner, and 3 of him is just too much, replace 1 of them with Dewdark, he's alvl2 tuner.
secret guards of the ice barrier.... that card is very optional, I only run 1 in my main deck, and 1 in side, 3 on the main deck is just a waste.
I won't lie, the fact you don't have Pilgrim/Spellbreaker really hurts my eyes, they're lvl4, they're very good against the meta, spellbreaker against dark world, good luck handling that pretty lady. And pilgrim is just a great stall for the late game.
I'd add 1 Medium of the ice barrier aswell, just cuz she's lvl 7 so you can go into big exceeds.
As for the spells, damn you're missing a lot.
First of all, 3 surface is A MUST, it's a freaking monster reborn for all your icebarrier monster, you bring back prior, tribute him, summon the one you want, and ggwp. add it NOW.
I don't see why you'd need upstart goblin, it just doesn't fit the deck.
You should really run heavy storm, icebarrier combos can be stopped very easily. a simple BTH on your gantala is gonna hurt you so much.
I also run 2 creature swap, which I will later explain why.
Also get 2 MST, just for the extra protection. maybe 3 if you want, I side 1 MST.
As for the traps.. ultimate offering really messes up the deck, you DONT have hand advantage, it's just useless. Dimensional Prison... I'd replace that with Mind Crush.
It really hurts me, the most, that you don't run Call of the Haunted, think about it, you're not always gonan get prior, and even if you do, they can get rid of him before you pull off the combo, COTH just makes it so easier to get your main monster to the field-General Gantala.
You should get Mind Crush and Spiritual Water Art - Aoi, they just work so GOOD together. You look at his hand with Spiritual Water Art, discard a card you don't want him to use, then use Mind Crush to discard another one.
Mirror force... It's good but i'm not running it.
As for the extra deck... You need a lot of fixes there buddy...
3 Gungnirs is too much, run 2, instead get Dewloren to pop back the COTH to your hand, or even some monsters you resurrected with Gantala and want them in your hand (such as prior).
Hyper librarian... the deck doesn't focus on synchro-ing a lot, I don't see a good use of him in the deck. You don't have ANY exceeds and thats really bad considering the fact that there are PLENTY of lvl4's/3/2, and even 7.
I'll tell you what I run, Lavalval chain, Armor Kappa (bunch of lvl2, prior and dewdark), 2 Acid golem of destruction, 2 Bahamut shark, 1 big eye, 1 Abyss Dweller to stop mermails, 1 catastor, 1 Armades, 1 dewloren, 1 black rose dragon, 2 gungnir, 1 stardust dragon.
Now for the acid golem, I have a lot of lvl 4's, so I can easily summon bahamut shark, and use its effect to summon Acid Golem, now, acid golem STOPS you from special sumoning and burns your LP, which is why you use creature swap and give it to your opponent, not having the ability to Special Summon ruins almost EVERY deck in today's meta, and so far, it helped me a lot.

Glad I helped, I know I wrote a lot, but if you really want to get better with the deck I suggest you to read it :p
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gantala Ice-Barrier   Gantala Ice-Barrier Icon_m11

Gantala Ice-Barrier

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1