Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Machinatown Gadget Help 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Machinatown Gadget Help Empty
PostSubject: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:51 pm
I have been working on this deck and this is my deck in real life (not winning at locals). Can anyone give any suggestions on editing this?

I am trying to save up the money for the following cards:

Machina Gearframe (Definitely can never have enough)
Geartown (Same thing with Gearframe)
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
DNA Surgery
Bottomless Trap Hole
Dimension Prison (2x)
Dark Bribe

I do not want to add a another pot of duality nor make it part of the main deck due to how fast this deck can special summon.

Machinatown Gadget Help Machin11
iBreakLenses

iBreakLenses

Duel Career : 0-0-0

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 am
I think the main problem is that you have too much going on without enough simple combos. I'll try to break down some of the combos into smaller batches of combos to "rebuild" it to get more synergy.

Machina Gearframe x3
Machina Fortress x2-3
Ultimate Offeringx1 (It can help you swarm)

Red Gadget x2
Green Gadget x2
Yellow Gadget x2
Ultimate Offering x1 (Can also help you swarm/XyzSpam)

Gadjillitron Dragonx2 ( Run 1 if you run 2 Geartown)
Geartownx3 (No exceptions, 2 is not enough if you have 2 Gadjillitron)

Cyber Dragon x1 (For the matchup against KarakuriGeargia)

Heavy Storm
Dark Hole
Pot of Avarice
Book of Moon
Monster Reborn
Limiter Removal..... All too good not to run.

Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon x3 (To clear the way for game)
Starlight Road x2 (So your swarms don't die off)

Mirror Force x2 (Kill those swarmers)
Magic Cylinder x2 (To stop Fire Fists and Laggia/Dolka from negating you by baiting negates)
Bottomless Trap Hole x2 (After they use Rabbit)
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2 (Stop XYZs)

Hope this gives you some insight on how to make it more consistent. Also, most of these cards come from Battle Pack epic dawn or were reprinted in common with this build. Hence, they cost 1$ max to acquire. Not to mention, this build keeps your speed incredibly quick.

^--------- That's my "The Best Town" deck that focuses more on the anti-meta portion of this idea. Very similar, but you may get some ideas from it. I top 32'd with it at regionals yesterday (I was tied down from 11th place)
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:44 am
Most of what IBL said is correct the only thing he didnt add was the lack of an extra deck. An extra deck has the power to change a duel with one synchro or xyz summon. XYZ summons in your deck are more resonable for the cards you have chosen. Id add 2x chimeratch for those ocassions wen u play geargia or karakuri as well as since ur deck is pretty much made of machines a good powerful summon. Others that are a must are big eye, volcanus,
that lvl4 djinn monster i forgot the name for and so on.
Okkiru

Okkiru

Team : Crimson Storm

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:52 am
Well, a few things that I noticed right away when looking at the deck:

1 - No Extra Deck.
2 - Not the Best choice of traps.

1 - Gear Gigant X, Maestroke, Big Eye and so many others... just too good to be out, also the deck can run a Chimeratech Fortress, so why not, Heliopolis would be kinda nice to have too.

2 - Oh well...
- Sakuretsu Armor? What is the advantage of using it over Dimensional Prison?
- Draining Shield and Cylinder... Erm, I guess you could use Cylinder to troll your opponent at the end but... Draining Shield is not that usefull in this deck as I see...
- I don't really get what you wanna Dark Bribe there, but is a card that is understandable to run.

I'd say, the Solemn Judgment and Warning, and a second Bottomless, instead of Draining Shield, Cylinder and Dark Bribe, and replace Sakuretsu Armor by Dimensional Prison, that is just a better card...

Ultimate Offering in the main could be something nice, since you can keep summoning your gadgets for a lot of Rank 4's, and don't get hand disvantage at all, however the side seems pretty awkward... Cards as "Rivalry of Warlords", "Maxx "C"", "Effect Veiler" ,"Dust Tornado" and the third MST. And about the MST and the Dust Tornado... this deck just hates backrow after the siding...

Anyway, good luck with the deck.
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:01 am
I think your advice is good, assuming he's building a dream deck for play on ygopro. In this case, it's his real life deck, so you have to take into consideration his budget. His extra deck is probably a little sparse due to this. I think that the only person who picked up on this with regards to advice was iBreakLenses, he gave relevant, cheap, simple cards for the deck. That said, you might want to splurge a LITTLE bit, to get ahold of chimeratech fortress dragon for the deck. It will definitely give you the edge against the karakuri matchups, and whatnot, as lenses said. Good luck with the build.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machinatown Gadget Help   Machinatown Gadget Help Icon_m11

Machinatown Gadget Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Era Academy :: Academics :: Deck Showcase-