Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Archfiend Deck Empty
PostSubject: Archfiend Deck   Archfiend Deck Icon_m11Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:18 am
So with the new Archfiend cards being released on Percy I decided to make a deck using them... Something is missing though and it only shows it's true potential when Pandemonium is on the field. Anyways help and input is welcome

Archfiend Deck Archfi11
[KDAp]OneTrackMind

[KDAp]OneTrackMind

Team : [None]

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 1-0-0

YGOPro Name : OneTrackMind

Archfiend Deck 2ntv8so
Squire
Archfiend Deck 2ntv8so
1st Division

Archfiend Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archfiend Deck   Archfiend Deck Icon_m11Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:47 am
Probably the fact you didn't notice that Rank 8's are impossible in this deck unless it's a Fiend Rank 8. Genesis prevents that from occurring.

Fun Fact: When using Archfiend Palace: If you have a Fiend Token on the field when you activate the field spell, and select it, the token isn't removed and you get a monster. I don't know why this occurs, whether it's a glitch which is somewhat unlikely but possible.

Pandemonium is not needed, at all. In this archfiend build, it's absolutely not. You can use falling down without having an archfiend monster as long as you have the field. It's way more useful than Pandemonium is in a nutshell, and you allow more space for other techs instead of clogging it with 5 field spells, all of which have searchers. Although i am aggressive about the needlessness of Pandemonium, if you decide to opt out Archfiend Palace for it, your deck would work the same, just without the boost or swarming capabilities. Not to mention, Archfiend Palace allows you to use Fallen Down without possessing a monster. EPIC. Too good to pass out if you decide to run fallen in 2 or 3.

Imperial Iron wall is a cool side-deck card against certain decks, elemental dragons to be specific, but it ruins your main power hitter here. Genesis and Archfiend Palace. I would go for Gozen Match, it stops them a bit and doesn't hinder your deck, unless you just want to hopefully hurt them till they do their drago-sack and pop it. Way more useful.

I can see the direction of your build, and Fallen is TOO good not to run in 2. Especially if you make my suggested modificiations. Two minimal, three maximum. Too good.

I would like to note, albeit Tour Guide has 4 targets now, the effect of Trick Archfiend only works for Zenmaines because the detaching is an effect not a cost.

You should add protection[of course you should still have space if modifications are met], starlight would work well, and if you're a bit cynical, run dark bribe.

Also, you don't need to run the field in 3, it's searchable by trick archfiend and if you run tour guide, you'll have it on the field or graveyard as much as you need and grab whatever you need. Trick Archfiend is the beautiful piece that is going to make Archfiends Tier 2 when it gets popular. [Hopeful, maybe too hopeful]

I would advise you cut down a Armageddon Knight and add in a ROTA[Reinforcement of the Army]. You don't really need Arma Knight really. 1 is enough if you decide to run it imo, you can keep 2, but you still advise you to run ROTA, 3/4 targets is enough to warrant a slot. That'll make your deck all the more searchable, as trick archfiend literally has 16[14 if you do my suggestions].

You should add at least 1 Empress. It's a great target and can cause your monsters to survive by removing another monster. All the more enjoyable to possess a empress of which power.

I hoped my suggestions prove helpful.

Here's my deck if you would like to make any suggestions or have questions. I run a different build that uses the graveyard as a toolbox way more often than yours do. It is also capable of going rank 8 with two empresses which surprisingly, once it gets really flowing, not hard to do. So i opted out of using Fallen, and decided my main focus should be determined on swarm.

Archfiend Deck 9718c012-ef7d-4077-9ceb-dda856ab96fb_zps46b69d8e
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team : Destiny

Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Archfiend Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archfiend Deck   Archfiend Deck Icon_m11Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:31 am
I disagree about removing Pandemonium... This card is a great tech to help search into the deck when you use Archfiends Roar, Torrential, Archfiend's Commander, and etc. Allowing you to search the deck no matter what expect for Trick. And when your opponent decides to use card effects to get rid of Archfiends you can pull another one from your deck. So not adding this card would be silly.
[KDAp]OneTrackMind

[KDAp]OneTrackMind

Team : [None]

Duel Career : 1-0-0

YGOPro Name : OneTrackMind

Archfiend Deck 2ntv8so
Squire
Archfiend Deck 2ntv8so
1st Division

Archfiend Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archfiend Deck   Archfiend Deck Icon_m11Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 am
It is a matter of opinion and deck build, albeit the clog is meh. If i was you, i would decide which to go with. A Pandemonium or Archfiend Palace. After you find your focus, unless you focus on using them both, then you can add in more useful cards like protection[Starlight] or whatnot.
Sponsored content

Archfiend Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archfiend Deck   Archfiend Deck Icon_m11

Archfiend Deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1