Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

Making the King Proud Empty
PostSubject: Making the King Proud   Making the King Proud Icon_m11Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 am
So I've always wanted to make a Jack Atlas deck ever since I saw that Resonator searching Spell and those Red Dragon Archfiend support cards.

And now, after like 1 year, I finally did lol. This is the result:
Making the King Proud Jackatlas

At first I also ran triple Red Vase, because it seemed like a Pot of Greed. However, after you start to use it, you will realize it's not. It's a terrible card even, since it doesn't allow you to summon anything on that same turn, so you can't use it on the same turn you summon Red Dragon Archfiend. At first I thought it only prevented you from summoning any FURTHER monsters after you activate it, since it says "another monster" instead of "a monster". But alas, this was not the case.

Red Carpet is actually a million times better than I initially thought, because it works with ANY Dragon Synchro, not just Red Dragon Archfiend. And with the way this Deck does Synchro Summons, it's a very easy +1 and also sets up instant Red Nova plays (which was probably its intended use by Konami lol).

The Deck runs so much backrow hate, since Red Dragon Archfiend will singlehandedly take care of every monster my opponent can throw at it, and there's a small Trap line-up for support in case my opponent tries to throw cards like BLS or DAD on me. I also added triple Mystical Space Typhoon since a first turn Warning or BTH completely cripples this deck.

Starlight Road is there mainly because this Deck has trouble coming back from mass-destruction cards like Mirror Force, Torrential or Dark Hole. But at the same time, you can also see it as the bond between Yusei and Jack Wink

Lightpulsar is also pretty boss in this Deck, as both Red Dragon Archfiend and Red Nova Dragon are Dark Dragon monsters. Nothing feels better than reviving a fallen Red Nova for free when I top Lightpulsar. Same obviouly applies to Void Ogre and Dark End. I was/am actually debating between Void Ogre and Infernity Doom Dragon, but in the end, I figured negation was more useful than destruction, considering Red Dragon Archfiend already takes care of pesky monsters. Void Ogre's incredibly 3000 DEF also has it's obvious advantages.

I'm only have difficulties regarding the Resonator ratios. Triple Dark and Barrier is a given because they're a Dark and a Light and together they can make Red Nova. Flare and Force are the ones I have most trouble with. One on side you'll want to open with Cyber/Vice + Level 3 Resonator on your first turn as often as possible, which promotes Flare, but Force's effect is actually pretty decent. 2 Force also allows for Red Nova plays, whereas more Flares do not. I just went with 1 Flare and 2 Force because Resonator Call can search any Resonator I'd want, but I still wanted to increase the odds of opening with Cyber/Vice + Level 3 Resonator.

The Xyz lineup is just there because I had room to spare. Gaia Dragon and Utopia Ray for my mained Mind Control, Tiras because it's Tiras and a Light. Zenmaines is the only one that actually gets summoned frequently, due to Red Carpet. This is why I was considering adding more Rank 3s, but by this time, the Extra Deck was getting pretty tight. I could replace Gaia Dragon and Utopia Ray, but Utopia really ruins this Deck, making Red Dragon Archfiend suicide.

The Side Deck is pretty much random, since I don't consider taking this to any serious Match in the first place lol. But just for giggles, I added Black-Winged Dragon and Crimson Fire to counter burn, Ancient Fairy Dragon for Decks that rely on Field Spells (such as Gravekeepers). But I also added them to complete the "5Ds Bond" Razz
Rest of the Side is pretty generic and Black Luster Soldier because this is a Chaos kind of Deck. (Didn't want to Main it since it would destroy the entire "Jack Atlas" theme that this has going)

So yeah, that's my deck to resemble the King's Smile
Let me know what you think and if you can see any improvements (I'm sure my Extra can improve a lot).

EDIT: Wow, I actually just realized that I need Chimeratech in my Extra, because I'm maining Cyber Dragons... So yeah, I could use a lot of advice regarding my Extra Deck.
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Making the King Proud 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Making the King Proud   Making the King Proud Icon_m11Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 pm
I chose to give your deck a few test runs; 5 duels with 5 different decks. The results were, 3 Victories to 2 losses. While this means you win 67% of the time, it could be at least better.(Would be more accurate out of ten, but I had to get back to other things.)

Keep Gaia and Ray. While they do take up the Extra Deck space, Mind Control helps play games with your opponent and even luring out impending Solemn Warnings or Judgments just to keep it. Besides, nothing more fun than the expression your opponent has on their face when their Utopia or Rank 5 Xyz they worked so hard to get out is gone and on your side.

... but I digress. Your deck has some issues some individuals are not fans of;

First is the hand presence(card advantage). The hand runs out quickly, and it is fairly annoying as soon you are depending on what is in your grave rather than hand. Which then leads to more key cards being in the grave than anything good in your hand.

Second thing is with hand presence comes the field presence. Your deck tends to run out of monsters quickly leading to an almost empty field if it is not clear. I'd recommend taking out the 2 Dimensional Prison for 2 Call of the Haunted. While it may be somewhat slow, it is better to have something that allows you to retrieve anything that falls when it hits the field and this helps in achieving the goal of your deck; Summoning Red Nova Dragon, ASAP. This also makes Synchro combos with your Dragons and Resonators more reliable; Go into a quick Red Dragon Archfiend, chain the Red Carpet. Go into Red Nova Dragon, and with all that backrow destruction in your build already, you can probably generate advantages like it's nobody's business.

As for your Extra Deck; I am aware that Tiras may seem glamorous, one fails to see how your deck gets him out at all. Even with Mind Control and so many level 5's(All of which are special summoned only if you have no Monster and your opponent has one, meaning the others require tributes which is just a waste of extra deck space). I'd recommend taking him out; try out this Extra Deck instead.

EXTRA DECK = 15
1. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1. Black Rose Dragon
1. Dark End Dragon
1. Exploder Wing Dragon
1. Orient Dragon
2. Red Dragon Archfiend
1. Red Nova Dragon
1. Scrap Dragon
2. Stardust Dragon
1. Void Ogre Dragon

1. Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1. Number C39: Utopia Ray
1. Wind-Up Zenmaines

Now these are just recommendations, you may take them or not. I hope my feedback was of some help~!
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Making the King Proud   Making the King Proud Icon_m11Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:52 am
What decks were they against? A representative sample should be at least matches with at least 20 people. 5 is hardly indicative of anything. Besides, the difference in playstyle between players is a confounding variable.
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Making the King Proud   Making the King Proud Icon_m11Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 am
Thanks for your suggestions Obscurum, I'll especially try out the CotH's over Prison, it seems like a good addition.

And I guess that Tiras is indeed the least useful in this Deck, so I will also replace it for Chimeratech. I kind of want to add a 2nd Chimeratech as well, since most players never expect 2 Chimeratech in the Extra Deck, which gives them a false sense of security to spam with Machines after the first Chimeratech has hit the field. But I will have to look into that a bit more before making any decisive change.

Another card I have been considering is Forbidden Chalice, since both of its effects are beneficial for my Deck. It allows RDA to run over things and even actually negating its "backfire" effect. It also stops Ryko's and other pesky Flip monsters that seem to ruin my day. And lastly, it can negate Utopia, the bane of this deck. The 400 ATK boost puts Utopia at 2900 ATK, which is neat because it allows RDA to still run it over without any boost of its own.

I have no idea what to remove for it though... Scarlet Security seems to be the least-used card of all in this Deck, but at the same time, it is also this Deck's killer card and the main reason you'd want to run a Red Dragon deck in the first place. So any suggestions for what to remove?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making the King Proud   Making the King Proud Icon_m11

Making the King Proud

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1