Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:39 pm
Stygian Dirge StygianDirgeSOVR-EN-C-1E

Quote :
Reduce the Levels of all monsters your opponent controls by 1.

Its a nice card to stop your opponents key XYZ plays and can really mess up their strategy. Plus I believe it has meta potential as well effective against the Elemental Dragons and Verz. But what are your opinions? Do you think it's a good side choice or are there better options?

Last edited by LustfulZex on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:48 pm
It is a very diverse card against a lot of decks since most are all about xyz'ing or even synchro summoning. This card is the reason why I tech a rank 6 in Dragon Rulers and run rank 3 in Evilswarm (with tour guide). Meta breaking and doesn't even affect yourself.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:53 pm
You have a very dumb reason or alot of free extra deck space .

As to the topic - it presents a well-known card to anyone that has played any official matches here .
It should atleast be presented as a guide with some more info or interesting details .

And yes , it would kill any deck that has the easy options to swarm . Side it at 2-3 . It's a must !
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm
in most of my decks i run 2-3 of it , and have cards in extra to avoid this card . Really important card to run , and decks killer Razz
Yubel

Yubel

Duel Season : 0-0-2

Duel Career : 41-0-51

YGOPro Name : Yubel

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 pm
Stygian digre is an excellent side card for the current meta.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:28 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:

As to the topic - it presents a well-known card to anyone that has played any official matches here .
It should atleast be presented as a guide with some more info or interesting details .

And yes , it would kill any deck that has the easy options to swarm . Side it at 2-3 . It's a must !

Why don't you elaborate on this then? Why would it be 'dumb' to be prepared for a very common card? You're litterally giving the reasons why it is NOT dumb in the same post. You go have fun with almost no counter against it, while I will just XYZ to Inzektor Exa-Beetle to destroy it, go into Gaia Drake and use my hand/graveyard to then go into a rank 7.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:02 pm
NickV wrote:
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:

Why don't you elaborate on this then? Why would it be 'dumb' to be prepared for a very common card? You're litterally giving the reasons why it is NOT dumb in the same post. You go have fun with almost no counter against it, while I will just XYZ to Inzektor Exa-Beetle to destroy it, go into Gaia Dragon , the Thunder Charger and use my hand/graveyard to then go into a rank 7.

Well , why is it dumb ? Maybe because your considering putting rank 6s in a deck that contains only lv 7s ? ( May contain more lv options depending on your deck )

Usually when building an extra deck I always find it a pain the miss of space , like there always can be a option when you need exactly that card and maybe even copies of it . Sure you can put some rank 6s , but do you really have the space for them ? ( Considering you may be running Veilers , Debris, Phantom Dragons , etc .. )
Following your oppinion , If i'm so conserned especially for Dirce and simillar cards , i'd main 3 MST , heavy and side some beams , rather than killing my options .
Off topic : I my self have approximetly 10 cards in most of my side decks to cover completely E-drags . And some times they aren't enough , lol .

But my reaction was mostly , because you said you run Tourguides in Evilswarm , which i'd consider a total waste of space .
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 pm
Of course it's agreed that it's a great card, I've even seen it mained in tournaments allowing meta.

I think if you run Dragons, it is well worth 1 extra deck space to counter a card that can potentially win the whole duel on it's own.

With almost all current decks being extra deck focused, and with those decks targeting specific ranks and levels, this card has thrived as a disruptive play against your opponent, with almost no down sides. It's only weakness is that it can lose to MST, but this current format very few decks even have an MST anymore, and those that would tend to go Lance to respond to backrow instead of trying to blindly take them out.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:
Well , why is it dumb ? Maybe because your considering putting rank 6s in a deck that contains only lv 7s ? ( May contain more lv options depending on your deck )

7 - 1 = 6

I also have space for it. Smile
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
1st Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm
i agree with nickv , in dragons it is easy to fit 1-2 R6 , cut 1 big eye and/or 1 phantom i never used 3 in one duel
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
Stygian Dirge 2ntv8so
2nd Division

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 pm
True it is easy to throw in a few Rank 6's but it doesn't dispute the fact that it's still a pretty amazing side deck card. It can stop a lot of decks, it makes synchro decks work extra hard, it messes with Constellars and (I suppose Evilswarm but I'm pretty sure Infestation just stops it) so for that I've been siding it at 2 in pretty much all my decks.
Sponsored content

Stygian Dirge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stygian Dirge   Stygian Dirge Icon_m11

Stygian Dirge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaos Era Academy :: Academics :: Card and Deck Discussion-