Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : Mystogan

Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Empty
PostSubject: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:10 pm
Hi guys, Smile

The purpose of this deck is to use Gigaplant and lonefire blossom. Gigaplant can recycle lonefire, allowing me to have multiple special summons if i want. The theory is solid, and when i get the engine going, it basically wins me the game. It lacks consistency however, and i would like some help.  Also, i don't often use the extra deck, so mine won't be very good, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Monsters
2 Sorciere de fleur
1 tytannial, princess of camelias
1 malina, princess of sunflowers
1 thalia, princess of cherry blossoms
1 Dark Armed Dragon
2 Gigaplant (3 gives me dead draws)
3 lord of poison
1 Debris Dragon
1 lonefire blossom
1 dandylion
1 snowman eater
1 spore
3 naturia cherries
3 necro fleur

Spells
1 One for one
3 Fragrance storm
2 soul exchange
2 duality
2 mark of the rose
2 supervise
1 monster reborn
1 pot of avarice
1 Foolish Burial

Traps
2 wall of thorns
1 starlight road
1 solemn judgment

Extra (so far)
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black rose Dragon
1 Gungnir, dragon of the ice barrier
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon (light one)
1 Queen of Thorns
1 Inzektor Exa-Beetle
1 Giga-Brilliant
1 Leviair the sea dragon

I really wanna keep this as a plant deck, so i don't wanna add junk synchron ect... (cards that are seen in so many "plant" decks, when they only hold lonefire, dandy and Spore"
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:57 pm
Alright, hi there! Im going to try to help and suggest as best as I can ok? :)hopefully i dont go into a tangent. Also if h are new, welcome to the academy. You want to keep the deck solid plant, abuse gigaplant, and fix some of its concistency issues is what i see. Lets start by breaking down the cards that you should keep as a little skeleton and what is fine already. I wont change the idea of the deck. For instance keeping the naturia cherries in rather than suggesting botanical lion for a pretty good beatstick.

Monsters
2x gigaplant
1x dandy
1x tytannial
1x lonefire
1x spore
3x cherries
1x Debris
And maybe 1x Snowman if you can give good in-game theory to how this will be better than just adding some other stand-off monsters or plants. Is the snowman really needed more than switching up to a stronger line-up in the trap area ir spell area? Something u gotta know.
Im leaning towards 2x lord poison simply because it won't always be a good option except mainly for mid-late game when u have a good ser of options for it.

I suggest taking out:
Necro fluer, sociere, Dark armed, malina,thalia. Most of those could be replaced for more stand-off plants or options. Too many high level monsters ur drawing into, and it really isnt safe to add cards like dad, chaos sorc, or bls without having minimum 5 darks/lights. And you have 2 things u are trying to di with the deck rather than keep 1 stable goal u can pull off concistently in most of ur opening hands.

I suggest adding: 3x Redox. You already have a good set of earth and having redox allows you to abhse "monster reborn" and giving you extended and not as linear options. This also helps you instantly play giga- then gemini summon, then ss a plant for an instant 2 monsters. Essentially you gain back the advantage you lost for playing redox. Also it leaves you some defense in critical game states and leads well into synch 8 options you have.
2x botanicak lion.

Spells: everything is fine except soul exchange and fragrance storm. Fragranfe because it only combod with necro which made combos more situational. U can get lucky and get another deaw but by then all its doing is deck thinning for u and you dont gain any card advantage. Soul exchange simply because playing that card doesnt make the control of the game switch to ur favor as much like monarchs with the cost of the battlephase. Also with deck edits less high levels and less beeding to combo this and hold it until u can.
Add dark hole and heavy storm derp. Add 2-3 mst its a staple especially the way ur deck is set-up u might lose heavy to traps.

Traps: mirror force better than wall.they do the same thing....1 has more of a requirement. More optimal cuz i see times where wall will be useless if ur opp manages to get rid of ur plants and just goes for game. Add 2x compulse. You can abuse cards like redox again for the grave ss and it is good in this current format.
H3RO

H3RO

Team : Chaos Kush

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 am
https://i.imgur.com/Nsz4uno.png
always abuse giga with supervise
ima start working one on how to abuse new plant rank 3
Mystogan-san

Mystogan-san

Team : Brotherhood of the light

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm
H3RO wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/Nsz4uno.png
always abuse giga with supervise
ima start working one on how to abuse new plant rank 3

That rank3 isn't that good

can't survive without a lot of support
YHanaka92

YHanaka92

YGOPro Name : Yusa

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 pm
I think i modified too much XD

Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Captur12

Note: I made my misplay on purpose (had to go for Drago) since i wanted to use Big Eye pretty badly, his misplay cost him the duel Razz
Mystogan-san

Mystogan-san

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:01 pm
I understand what you've done to the deck. However my whole idea was revolving around using Gigaplant to recycle lonefire. You haven't even got Gigaplant, so thanks for helping, but i'm gonna give your deck a miss. (also, i think that duel may have gone differently, or at least been a bit longer if he managed to draw Cenipede)

I've actually combined my "gigafire" engine, and the princesses above into a blackgarden deck. It works very well, as there's constant protection from Tytannial by tributing rose tokens. and Gigaplant can just spec summon her back if she dies.
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:00 am
Mystogan-san wrote:
I understand what you've done to the deck. However my whole idea was revolving around using Gigaplant to recycle lonefire. You haven't even got Gigaplant, so thanks for helping, but i'm gonna give your deck a miss. (also, i think that duel may have gone differently, or at least been a bit longer if he managed to draw Cenipede)

I've actually combined my "gigafire" engine, and the princesses above into a blackgarden deck. It works very well, as there's constant protection from Tytannial by tributing rose tokens. and Gigaplant can just spec summon her back if she dies.

Did my post help?
WhiteFox

WhiteFox

Event Manager

YGOPro Name : WhiteFox

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 pm
Like Katana said. Redox is pretty nice in every plant earth build. I always have this guy in all of my plant decks xD No matter what happens he saves my skin every time :'D. But I think 3x Redox is to much. You can easly end up with no monsters in your graveyard and so many Redox requires many earth monsters. The other problem is that even if you have enough earth monsters. You must get them in your graveyard somehow in order to make use of Redox. So what do we do? We reduce Redox to 2x and you know what, lets reduce him to 1x and add one Foolish Burial. Now you have extra space for other monsters and more graveyard control :3 He can also help you with your rank 7 xyz monsters.
Relax
Hood_;)

Hood_;)

Duel Career : 12-0-14

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm
In terms of lower the redox to 2 is wise, but you can make up for the consistency by adding 1 gold in place of the 3rd (you can add 1 baby if you want.

one for one is a card you really need to way it up, don't just bung it in your build, its a -1 most of the time. in addition dead draw folder and since its limited to 1 its not really worth adjusting you build to fit it. personally i recommend siding it, along with a tree-born. treeborn frog
Mystogan-san

Mystogan-san

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm
Katana wrote:

Did my post help?

Hey,

Sorry for late reply, haven't really had time for much duelling lately, it has helped a bit thanks Smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help   Plant deck. Has potential, but  i need help Icon_m11

Plant deck. Has potential, but i need help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1