Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Events - Can you participate? Empty
PostSubject: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm
Hey guys,

Like we mentioned before we have re-opened our forum due to popular demand, unfortunately we haven't seen many, if any activity within the forum.

I understand it is exam period for some of us, or work can be busy for others. At the moment, I just want to get a feel for those who will be willing/can participate in events should we start hosting them.

We have a lot of events planned ranging from the casual to the competitive. Are you one of the dwellers who will participate in events or are you just too busy/lost an interest?

(This will be very useful for us in deciding whether we should launch our events or not, thanks)
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Events - Can you participate? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 am
hmm i lost interest in playing ygo so i won't take part in most events if an event had an old banlist or something then i may not sure but i will still be around making topics & maybe videos don't know about the videos yet though but good luck i'm sure there is some members up for events but think CEA needs to recruit not try to revive with old members who probably won't come back or duel again until they see CEA active with a new community.
LordMelchett

LordMelchett

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 16-0-4

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 pm
For me it mainly depends on time of the events.
I don't have too much free time - though now in the summer I probably can take part in at least some events.
Chaos Creator

Chaos Creator

Team : Gimme 1

Duel Season : 5-0-12

Duel Career : 32-0-53

YGOPro Name : ChaosCreator

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:07 am
I'm all in, Exams finished Very Happy
vasko123

vasko123

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : vasko

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 pm
I dont know for you guys but i will be a part of the events im up for them
Boattack

Boattack

Duel Season : 2-0-8

Duel Career : 25-0-47

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:21 pm
Im up for some events Razz
magmaflood

magmaflood

Duel Season : 1-0-1

Duel Career : 1-0-14

YGOPro Name : Magmaflood

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm
I'm up...when it's not exam season or somoething.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:42 pm
No point in even posting here CEA is dead for good CEA has only did 2 things which are the 2 deck guides are so since May/June the staff other than Decato has did nothing & it only has 1 new staff member really that's Whitefox a lot of it may be because of staff but the members are to blame to just look at the people connected in the last 24 hours none even come on the chat no one posts anything just take a look at the topics views then look at how many posts in the topic there are.CEA needs most it's staff to be new & it's needs to recruit if it wants to come back which i don't see happening.

Last edited by Walshe on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
magmaflood

magmaflood

Duel Season : 1-0-1

Duel Career : 1-0-14

YGOPro Name : Magmaflood

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:30 pm
Good Job
good point, to simplify, everybody just look at how many users online in last 24 hour, so nobody posted anyhing, because they just take a "look". bur,hey, i thought the chat was bugged cause i've never seen anyone there.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm
It is a shame, it is just a bad cycle: staff can't really post anything without members - members aren't coming without new posts - we can't really recruit people as yugioh in general is dead.

I can keep posting guides and staff can have events but as of now, we'll have 3 participants max. We are keeping an eye on things but it is a shame.
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:18 pm
Mmm, it is quite the situation. Need one for the other, both ways. At this point, paid advertising would probably help a lot but i haven't even the slightest clue if anyone does that for YGO.

On a side note, i was asking to look into making a CEA Highscores table by NickV and I just finished making it.
Events - Can you participate? Select11
Events - Can you participate? Select12

This was just for fun. Just simply fill out the form with the information requested, submit, and it inserts the new data into the database I've made, which can double as a highscores table. I know back in April there was a question of if we could do this, well we can. Not sure if its going to be used all that much now tho tongue
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:09 pm
If you mean Yugioh forums paying for advertising no forums don't do that & affilating with 1 of the YGOPRO's may cost money not sure about Salvation but CEA may not want to use that which leaves Devpro since no one care about Tdoane xd.Last time i talked with Devpro/Ben they used paymentwall for things like advertising but since yugioh forums are non-profit CEA could maybe get them to do something.

Quote :
yup wanted to ask about the devpro affiliate program is it still going?
[23/01/2015 04:09:45] Ben: mhh if you mean our devpoint System yes that exist
[23/01/2015 04:10:21] Tensa: http://pokit.org/get/?e46562f998d97df902f798f1d828611b.jpg
[23/01/2015 04:10:25] Tensa: that
[23/01/2015 04:11:48] Tensa: if it's still exist can u tell me what way it works?
[23/01/2015 04:12:58] Ben: via third party
[23/01/2015 04:13:00] Ben: http://paymentwall.com/
[23/01/2015 04:14:30] Tensa: so is it that you pay to affiliate with devpro?
[23/01/2015 04:16:49] Ben: yes basically our Partners pay us, devpro is open Source and Needs to fix all coasts, but you are too a non Profit  so let us talk how i can help you

Nice Table by the way Azi i'm guessing that's an example since scoring based on battle points is not good since you don't have to duel to get them interesting table though nice work what did you guys plan to do with it link to it at the side or embed it somewhere?

Also Decato you can recruit easily of Devpro did it with ERA & NOA you just have to open a devpro chat saying Chaos Era Academy & put a message/link to auto post when someone enters this was the one i used for ERA:

Quote :
/setmotd A Yugioh academy for aspiring duelists from all over the world come show your dueling skills & rise to the top while making friends. Rise up Become Legend! http://www.eternityriseacademy.org

That was also the thing we posted for server messages we did^
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Quote :
Nice Table by the way Azi i'm guessing that's an example since scoring based on battle points is not good since you don't have to duel to get them interesting table though nice work what did you guys plan to do with it link to it at the side or embed it somewhere?

The db isn't 'scored'(ill assume you mean normalized) based on battle points, it's based on UserID #. The form text fields are just used to update existing users battlepoints so it will display the tabled based on that(a highscores table). This is just the most basic skeleton of this project.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 pm
If it's not on school days, I think I'll be able to join the small events. Long events that take many weeks (like the old Y.C.C.) will be hard to do, but I don't think that there will be a lot of big events with dozens of people that will take 2 weeks to settle
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Events - Can you participate?   Events - Can you participate? Icon_m11

Events - Can you participate?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1