HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hostile

Hostile

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 67-0-11

Duel Career : 214-0-93

YGOPro Name : Hostile

Battle Arena Gold
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Empty
PostSubject: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 pm
Hostile is back so lets get the party started!
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 pm
hmm think CEA needs to cover other games etc if you want to bring it back once & for all anyway gl let me know if u need a hand with something.
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:23 pm
Would be a nice idea but i doubt anyone has the contact power to do such a thing. :/
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:18 pm
The game is not actually worth it at this point..
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team : Destiny

Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:51 am
You could always switch over to something more appealing like Magic: The Gathering, Magic has survived for so long due to its many formats, it can take a while to actually absorb and get in to but its quite fun and appealing.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 pm
Loading CEA exe ...

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Err10

Every time I log in here and it's like a graveyard - there's like a post per month or so ... And funny thing is , there's always 1 or 2 people that logged in the last 24 hours , but thats that . Nobody does anything .
I think some of us are still slightly interested , though . Thats why this thread and all the comments in it exist , right ? Because we feel , although our busy schedual , we could still find some time to spare for a duel .

I'm going to try and sing the same song I did last time and suggest someone wake Pyro up and let's do another tourney with a longer sign-up period and see how many people gather .  I know that this community is about more than competitiveness , but hey , we have to start over from somewhere , right ?

What i'm trying to say is , if anybody wants to see this place somewhat alive , you better start acting like it ! Do your part , however small it seems to be .
dubina

dubina

Duel Season : 5-0-3

Duel Career : 55-0-50

YGOPro Name : XXXXXXX

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:
Loading CEA exe ...

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Err10

Every time I log in here and it's like a graveyard - there's like a post per month or so ... And funny thing is , there's always 1 or 2 people that logged in the last 24 hours , but thats that . Nobody does anything .
I think some of us are still slightly interested , though . Thats why this thread and all the comments in it exist , right ? Because we feel , although our busy schedual , we could still find some time to spare for a duel .

I'm going to try and sing the same song I did last time and suggest someone wake Pyro up and let's do another tourney with a longer sign-up period and see how many people gather .  I know that this community is about more than competitiveness , but hey , we have to start over from somewhere , right ?

What i'm trying to say is , if anybody wants to see this place somewhat alive , you better start acting like it ! Do your part , however small it seems to be .

lol i'm motivated from this lol. but the whole academy sh1t idea isn't gonna work anymore lol yugioh isn't about fun anymore, it doesn't support old decks and give new decks too much power lol fun deck transformed to meta in an instant by adding 1 card lol, glhf.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:42 pm
dubina wrote:

lol i'm motivated from this lol. but the whole academy sh1t idea isn't gonna work anymore lol yugioh isn't about fun anymore, it doesn't support old decks and give new decks too much power lol fun deck transformed to meta in an instant by adding 1 card lol, glhf.

Hey man , glad to see you're still alive xD

Tbh , total number of new cards  I've seen , since the start of the year is like 5 and I don't even remmember what they did . Same goes for the banlist . I guess thats due to  both lack of time and interest + all the negative stuff I've been hearing .

Anyways , the "old" cards and  banlists  that came out like 1-2 years ago still exist and if more people prefer them to the current , maybe events can be more focused arround them .
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:42 pm
I was so bored and yet was wanting to play ygo so had a meta duel with some randoms but there is no point to fun decks anymore. I found what I described as 'non-meta but competitive' a year or so ago to be the fun decks these days.

(I actually had more fun recently in a anime type tournament of battle city which we did before where you stick to a certain theme and play it out; I did consider getting the organizer of that and get them to host events on our forum but in the past half year or so there are only a handful of people even online, but I'll see if he is willing regardless.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:22 pm
Not much going on, but if anyone is still playing Yu-Gi-Oh come join Discord for events; I occasionally play some fun decks there.

https://discord.gg/0x57SxrndpU9HVRr
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm
Well the competitive side of this game has gone downhill for me. For me, I joined up a small community where we had occasional battle city tournaments where we stay true to the anime following a traditional banlist which was fun.

Though unfortunately, this community doesn't exist anymore but I still have a few people that I duel from time to time, it was fun while it lasted and that's about it really.

It'd be fun if we have some kind of tournament like that here but I am not sure if people would be interested with such an idea that they aren't familiar with. The tournament was broken but it was all for fun anyway.
Idx77

Idx77

Duel Career : 1-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:45 pm
Hi, i heard from a few twitch streamer there is going to be yugioh duel links for android and ios. A new yugioh game for 3ds. Also a new yugioh online game coming in winter 2016. Hopefully its like yugioh online 3 duel accelerator, hopefully its the same thing avatar customization championship title other things and more yugioh character, tournament guilds,etc... If you guys are excited for it leave a comment or reply lol. Also follow me on twitch www.twitch.tv/KiritoGale100 love you xd. What have you been doing these couple of years or months lol. What anime or tv show do you people like and what games have you played since yugioh online 3 shut down at 9/30/12 or 10/1/12, duel arena shut down after a month in release, dueling network shutdown, ygopro website wont let me download ygopro. How do i download ygopro now lol.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 pm
What was this forum about again?
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:51 am
Nichigo... now that is a name I haven't seen in years, hows life?
Idx77

Idx77

Duel Career : 1-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 am
Nichigo Kun. Nichigo Senpai I miss you in ygo3 you were my role model. I love you xd. I love you too Decato.
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 am
CEA got to the party late didn't it xd CEA should of really been there when Dueling Network got hit so the guys switching to ygopro could of went to an experience ygopro academy now the way things are is that the dn guys are running the top Ygopro forums acting like they know about ygopro's so now instead of the real ygopro academies being top they are now playing catch up to old DN forums DA is still top while talking stupid crap about the ygopro's their main platform now is ygopro percy this is from their poll:

DA POLL FOR THEIR NEW MAIN PLATFORM:
The staff member got devpro info wrong it updates on sundays it also has tag duels a member then added more info:

DA Member writing about ygopro's:

Devpro:

2) Updates happen only on Sundays. That means it only adds cards once a week, and only does bug fixes once a week. If there's a serious problem that is affecting one of our tournaments, none of our complaints will be answered until the next Sunday.

your complaints will be answered on the forum they will try to help you fix it the true part is that they will probably fix the bugs on a sunday

The staff is utterly incompetent.

This is mostly true but you would have to know the reason why & that relates to Salvation which he probably doesn't know about & the other reason is that it's owner isn't really about now.

DevPro is also relatively unreliable in terms of stability. Due to the massive influx of new players, the server sometimes crashes. This is most notable in games.

Right & wrong the massive influx of players would cause any servers to crash if they are not meant for it remember devpro recently changed it servers.

percy:

2) Updates happen every day. Sometimes every other hour. They have an open source system, so any player can mess around with the EXE to update and fix card bugs.

yes & no you can make changes to your game that won't affect others games only your own to affect others games you need to submit it so it can be checked you usually see this done on github the open source is Fluorohydride the creator of Ygopro.

2a) PERCY RUNS ON OCG RULINGS ONLY!!!!

this is because the tcg card rulings are different in some regions & that tcg rulings are mostly misinterpretations or mistranslations  OCG rulings have always been used over TCG rulings on most ygopro's.

As such, since it's open source, there really isn't any "staff". It's just people who watch the chats, and prevent people from purposefully fucking up card rulings. They're pretty good at their job.

what chats & how can you **** up cards ruling on ygopro

Salvation:

2) Updates happen almost every day. And bug fixes come in as fast as the player base points them out.

3) Staff is actually competent.

4) Same amount of customization as Percy. However, it is relatively unreliable in terms of stability. AccessDenied likes to try new options every now and then, and usually ends up screwing things out.

this relates to earlier salvation is made by a group of old devpro staff which is why devpro is like it is now & that Salvation does things quicker. Salvation is more reliable than devpro Salvation client will still be up when their match server are down AccessDenied does try new things out & he doesn't screw them up he even tells you why things don't work AccessDenied planned to make Salvation web based but that had to completely change when dn got hit since they would make themselves a target if they where web based.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:00 am
Point of the forum wasn't really to get more members and go back to our old days; more just staying here for any members who may want to play YGO or get back into it.

We support both Devpro and Ygopro on our forum, while it does seem like more people are using ygopro. Not sure what your point is given we support both platforms.
silvermaster

silvermaster

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 0-0-10

YGOPro Name : silvermaster

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:29 am
can i get a list of who play what like list and like active
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:23 am
Make a post in the room saying you are open for duels on what platform, people interested will post.
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:00 pm
LustfulZex wrote:
You could always switch over to something more appealing like Magic: The Gathering, Magic has survived for so long due to its many formats, it can take a while to actually absorb and get in to but its quite fun and appealing.

I agree with this, I love the attempt Deca with the emails but I don't think Yu-Gi-Oh has the appeal right now. I've been playing magic now for around 10 years and I can say It has never got dull and whenever it seemed to I would just switch formats. I would highly recommend maybe integrating MTG in the form of MTGO or XMage.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:17 pm
Honestly, I agree Azi; ygo is dying if not dead already. Like I said the forum wasn't closed down and I figured if anybody wanted to play ygo but had no forum etc; this was still open for use.

Met a few people randomly playing on ygopro; don't feel pressured or anything to come here, forum is still here; but that's about all I was trying to convey.

p.s. I played Magic Zex and it was fun; but I'm the only admin who even plays YGO still (to my knowledge).
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 pm
Decato wrote:
I'm the only admin who even plays YGO still (to my knowledge).

I still play Smile
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:11 pm
I thought you quit, you got out! Why come back haha

p.s. you must love mermails, must be looking forward to Treatoad
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:14 pm
Yeah I did quit, but started playing again about a month ago. Irl though which kinda sucks because I'm missing so many staples now.

I've been playing Mermails (Kaiju variant) and Monarch so far, hoping to build Blue-Eyes for this format.

Actually haven't tried that Treatoad yet, wonder if it'll replace Herald of Arch Light or if you'd use both. I would imagine both since Herald just destroys Blue-Eyes.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:25 pm
Yeah I managed to get hands on Cards of Demise and Pot of Desires but god they were expensive...

Treatoad isn't out on tcg yet but while Arch Light destroys Blue Eyes, Treatoad gives a giant middle finger to everything. Great... ba..balanced card.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!   Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!! Icon_m11

Let's revive CEA for once and for all!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next