Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 4-0-23

YGOPro Name : Shawn112

How can I play this now? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

How can I play this now? Empty
PostSubject: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 pm
So, IRL, I have a deck in which I liked making Red Nova Dragon with Red Dragon Archfiend bane's ability to ressurect Red Dragon Archfiend and its other ability to summon 2 tuners of the same lvl (2 lvl 2 tuners), but with the new link summoning, how am I supposed to do this, at least without having to buy those new link monsters?
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:45 pm
I would wait a bit for more information on the link monsters. They will eventually release broken links cause its Konami so just hang on tight until then.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Points : 100

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:50 pm
Yes, that would be pretty unexpected for link monsters to not become easier to make as time goes by, but the problem I have with them is the fact that some decks will NEED to get link monsters just to do the exact, same plays that they did before the release of the new monster type, which is the first time that this happen.

For example, let's say that I was playing a synchro spam deck at the end of the synchro era. When the XYZ monsters came to the game, I could play the exact same deck without adding any new cards, and the same goes for when pendulum monsters were introduced to the game, I could play the same deck (except for a few cards that might have gotten in and out of the banlist) today that was playable in the end of the synchro era and make the same plays (even though the power creep after all these years will make these plays not that great anymore).

But, with the current information we have on link monsters, if I want to play a synchro spam deck, I will pretty much need to have a few link monsters in my build, because without a link monster, how can a synchro spam deck spam synchro monsters once these new rules apply?

That's the thing I am complaining about, most decks being pushed into the use of a few link monsters because they often bring out more than one monster from the extra deck to the field.
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:14 am
At the new format, ritual decks/Blue Eyes/Demise decks will become more popular, and then people will learn to play around links etc. I wouldn't have high expectations for synchro decks atm no.
Shawn112

Shawn112

Duel Points : 100

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Yes, extra deck will lose their efficiency, at least for a while with the link monsters. It's just that I can't afford to pay new cards IRL, so my old deck will have trouble since it summons multiple monsters from the extra deck and I can't get a link monster
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I play this now?   How can I play this now? Icon_m11

How can I play this now?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1