Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 7-0-15

Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 pm
First topic message reminder :

I downloaded the new update and when i tried to extract the files my anti-virus (Kaspersky) says the exe is a trojan.I disabled kaspersky and extracted it but then it still auto-deletes it whenever i click.I even put it on trust-list and it doesnt work.Any idea what to do?

Also i would like someone to upload only the launcher exe because it got deleted...

AuthorMessage
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 pm
Azi wrote:
Valkyra wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

Both Azi's and Kenshi's versions also came up as trojans. Considering I don't use any of the aforementioned anti-virusses, nor have had any troubles regarding mistaken Trojans in the past, I'm not trusting this update one bit.

I think I will just wait until they make a new update.

I assure you its clean,

i work for a company and the specific duty is to check and clean files that have been corrupt/infected, etc etc

What AV are you using, because Windows Security Essentials is the ideal AV that you'll want to use for protection and efficiency. Some AV's have a setting on them by default that picks up files off of a remote server as trojan's or win32WSP virus's. They're both clean, i can assure you.

I'm using AVG and this is the first time it ever (apperantly) "mistook" a file for a virus. That's the main reason why I'm not trusting it.

How exactly do you check if a file is clean or not?
Icingsugar

Icingsugar

YGOPro Name : Izzy

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:28 pm
Sandstalker wrote:
icing from what you described here it sounds like a replicator virus .... and if it were in my hands to fix i would do like you are thinking ... i would wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows on the pc, update it and put an antivirus on it

I've had a little more luck since Hitmanpro shifted those infected files I know I'll have to repair at least but no sign of any reinfection today. Having a checker like sophos telling me alls clear is encoraging.
Azi

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Career : 50-0-57

YGOPro Name : Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 am
Valkyra wrote:
Azi wrote:
Valkyra wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

Both Azi's and Kenshi's versions also came up as trojans. Considering I don't use any of the aforementioned anti-virusses, nor have had any troubles regarding mistaken Trojans in the past, I'm not trusting this update one bit.

I think I will just wait until they make a new update.

I assure you its clean,

i work for a company and the specific duty is to check and clean files that have been corrupt/infected, etc etc

What AV are you using, because Windows Security Essentials is the ideal AV that you'll want to use for protection and efficiency. Some AV's have a setting on them by default that picks up files off of a remote server as trojan's or win32WSP virus's. They're both clean, i can assure you.

I'm using AVG and this is the first time it ever (apperantly) "mistook" a file for a virus. That's the main reason why I'm not trusting it.

How exactly do you check if a file is clean or not?

I had AVG pro before i hated it personally. I used to work a lot with virus's and trying to make them go undetectable via JDB, FUD or any other means and AVG would never pick it up(this was when i was into white hat programming). I can't tell you exactly why its picking it up, because AVG might just be catching it doing what its supposed to do but assumes its malicious, i'm not sure. All i know is this isn't and doesn't have malicious intent.
Icingsugar

Icingsugar

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:55 am
Azi Its not just Virus but bad Malware the checkers are picking up Sendspace is riddled with it and it pushes these programs on you every time you attempt a download untill it becomes available on a reliable provider I'm not touching it again.
what the heck can you do when a page drops 4 download options on you and 3 are malware we are all bound to get it wrong sooner or later Sad
Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:11 am
Icingsugar wrote:
Azi Its not just Virus but bad Malware the checkers are picking up Sendspace is riddled with it and it pushes these programs on you every time you attempt a download untill it becomes available on a reliable provider I'm not touching it again.
what the heck can you do when a page drops 4 download options on you and 3 are malware we are all bound to get it wrong sooner or later Sad

Part of the issue is i dont think i know what you're talking about entirely. Sendspace.com is just like any other web host, it can have virus's attached to things that are uploaded if they're crypted properly, but Sendspace itself shouldn't be causing you any issues. Can you run your problem by me again ^^
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 am
@Azi: That actually only worries me further lol. So you're saying AVG can't detect most virusses? Then that should only prove the severity of what (AVG thinks) this is...

And you also didn't exactly say HOW you were able to verify that this launcher is clean.
Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 pm
When i said that I meant like, AVG sucks at picking up viruses, meaning its probably faulty. I'll dissect the .exe and show you it's not a virus when I wake up.. Pretty much even up for 4-5
days.

I'll save you all<3
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm
AVG is one of the best programs actually.
Beyond Imagination

Beyond Imagination

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm
Actually, that update[10 mb one[good one]]Has a launcher that is not read as a trojan

Just replace that one with your current one Norton doesnt screw with me anymore now
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm
avg says trojan
Nichigo

Nichigo

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 am
It's a false flag. I have avg and it tends to give me false flags lots of times. I disable avg when I use the launcher. Haven't had any problems.
Icingsugar

Icingsugar

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:25 am
Nichigo wrote:
It's a false flag. I have avg and it tends to give me false flags lots of times. I disable avg when I use the launcher. Haven't had any problems.

Sorry some of the launchers have contained Trogens its not false the current one as far as I can tell is clean and I think if it was once infected some checkers do always asume it still is.

I use Sophos Antivirus now it has one of the best databases of virus definitions though the help files are awful. you can download a free checktool from thier site if your unsure.

NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:21 am
Pro still has a trojan, basic doesnt.
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 am
Whats the difference between pro and basic? btw

off topic sry guys
Marwan Yamix2

Marwan Yamix2

Team : God Of war team

Duel Career : 10-0-7

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm
I have this problem Too,
But I can't loging to see the chat or the ranking system
Azi

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 am
Liyana wrote:
Whats the difference between pro and basic? btw

off topic sry guys
Pro just has features like chat, and ranked matches, that's the only difference between the two,

Marwan Yamix2 wrote:
I have this problem Too,
But I can't logging to see the chat or the ranking system
Your problem is completely irrelevant to the problem they're speaking about above, yours is a server side issue, which means theres nothing you can do about it until they update it from their end. The problem they're all having is home sided, mainly just their av false flagging.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Launcher.exe found as trojan   Launcher.exe found as trojan - Page 2 Icon_m11

Launcher.exe found as trojan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2