Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 15-0-9

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 am
First topic message reminder :

Alright, let's get dis show on the road.

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Chaoslobby

The prestigious Chaos Academy, located deep in the mountains of Colorado, in the underground city of Dimensional Anchor. Many duelists seek to enroll and follow in the footsteps of the Chaos Commanders, legendary wielders of decks from the Different Dimension. The academy accepts anyone who can pay tuition, testing their skills before assigning them dormitories. They say the best students can get recruited directly into Team Chaos, while the worst students might disappear while wandering the ever-shifting halls. Whether for wealth, fame, power, or freedom, you stand at the door to the academy today!

Chaos Academy will be an ongoing RP. All you need to become a player is a character sheet, a deck, and some fancy typing skills. Forum rp in general works with many players writing the story. I will be acting as a storyteller, writing the setting that the players ultimately interact and live in.

General Rules:

1: Don't roleplay other player's actions for them. It's okay to play a monster and attack someone. It's not okay to play a monster and attack someone, wiping out their lifepoints as they watch helplessly. Also, when describing yourself or talking, don't use lines like 'your character feels fearful of my red bloody eyes' or 'you can't help but feel attracted to me' as the character you're referring to might think red is cool or that you're ugly as sin.

2: Play nice. This is a silly forum rp on a silly yugioh forum. Just try to have fun!

3: Arbitration. Obviously once characters start interacting with each other, duels will break out, or other fights may happen. After some discussion with Sabbaticus, we will resolve these conficts in a neutral way that doesn't involve having to actually play out duels. There will be a 'Chaos dice' rolling option, similar to the Destiny Board. Each player simply rolls before the conflict is resolved, and then roleplays out the situation according to the result. If the players tie, then the duel or fight will end in a tie as well.

4: You are not Yugi. Nor are you Kaiba, Joey, Yusei, Crow, Jaden, or whoever the dweeb in Zexal is.
- No anime characters. There are alot of anime people so if you share some obscure name I won't fault you, but no one is allowed to obviously be a famous anime character rip-off.
- No gods, demons, saviours of the world, ancient evils, legendary heros or the like. Make someone that would have a reason to apply to a prestigious academy! Aspiring heros and villains are welcome.

Character and Roleplay Rules:

1:
Make a character! Making a character is fairly simple. Under each person's Profile there is now a Character Sheet option for everyone to fill out character name, description, background and deck. You can also post your character in the character design thread, but the character in your profile is who you should be playing right now. That way anyone can click on a person and see who they are.

2:
Make a deck! Making a deck will be a tad more complicated then just citing a decktype for this thread's purposes. In the Yugioh anime, cards are much rarer then we're used to on ygopro and this will be no exception! The room on your profile is for posting either a picture or a list of your 40 card deck and your extra, as well as a 15 card side deck that will represent extra techs your character sometimes switches in and out of their deck. For this rp, here are the restrictions:

- No more then 1 copy of any card. The only exception is cards that summon other copies of themselves, such as Nimble Momonga or Hyena.
- Staple cards do not exist. Rare and valuable cards such as Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, Black Luster Soldier and others aren't available to the commonfolk. Anything on the Banned, Limited or Semi-Limited list, as well as some other former staple cards are off-limits. The only exception is Monster Reborn, which apparently everyone has.
This list is not all inclusive but includes:
Mystical Space Typhoon, Dimensional Prison, Royal Decree, Fissure, Smashing Ground, Soul Taker, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Dust Tornado, Fiendish Chain, Trap Hole, Night Beam, Sakuretsu Armor, Magic Cylinder, Raigeki Break, Dark Bribe, Hammer Shot, Seven Tool of the Bandit. I will continue adding generic destruction cards to this list as they come up. This list is not retroactive. The point of not using staples is not to just use the next closest card as a staple guys. Neutral
- You may only have 3 cards in your Extra deck. Your extra deck monsters should be treated like a mighty creature that will totally wreck the opponent, you're doomed now Yugi! If too many people pick the same monsters I will rearrange people to have different ones. Alternatively, you can use 5 Fusion monsters, other then 'Elemental Hero + Attribute' fusions.
- You must include some type of card that does damage to both players, such as Destruction Ring, in order for tie situations to happen.
- Try to stay on theme! If your decktype says 'Warriors Toolbox' I expect a bunch of warrior cards. If it says 'Chaos Butterflies' I expect to see Chaos monsters (besides the restricted ones) and Butterflies. Random good but out of theme monsters, spells and traps will be frowned upon.

Remember that duels will be following Anime Rules (tm). If you run a stupid situational combo card, you will draw it exactly when you need it. You will always topdeck the card you want. Diamond Dude will always hit a spell. Witch of the Black Rose will always draw a monster. You will always get Hero Kid with Reinforce Truth, summoning 3 Hero Kids from your deck to sacrifice for Destiny Hero Plasma/Moisture Creature/whatever. And you will never draw a hand of 3 Hero Kids instead, unless you really feel like rping losing.

3: Make an application post! This will be an in character post, in this thread, of your character's application to join Chaos Academy. The letter will be in this format:
Quote :

Name:
Location: ((Where your character is applying from, if they trecked directly to CEA to apply their location is Dimensional Anchor))
Deck:
Reason for Application: ((Whatever your character would write as his reasons for wanting to be accepted into the Academy))
Comments: ((This can be left blank if you wish))[/b]

Once enough applications are in, I will update with a list of who the players are. Anyone approved moves to https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t1184-chaos-academy-testing-lobby#8632 and posts an introductory post for themselves after having just entered the academy and been sent by the nice receptionist lady to the tester's lobby.

Accepted Applications:
- Creus as Ralfe Descabil
- Hako as Hako
- Valkyra as Leona Kuroda
- NickV as Calx Crownguard
- zombiemaster2 as Greg
- Decato as Veritas
- Puffy as Ryuji
- EnfernoKnight as Alexander Grey
- Darkanen as Loyd Darkanen
- Skeleton09112 as Dusk
- Maria Masters as Maria Masters
- IcingSugar as Dona
- LustfulZex as Nyra Winchester
- Salik as Drake
- Aang as Nazé Azel
- cecko0o0o0o0o0 as cecko / The Great One
- ketsuki as Rikimaru
- Shubz as The Stig
- dabuddah453 as Lucas Basset
- DarrellMeaney as Sir Lucius Octavian Valance
- Ramei11 as Kyle Arlokos
- Sindrake as Sin Drakor
- Epic Furry as Summer

Last edited by ShadowServer on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am; edited 35 times in total

AuthorMessage
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm
ShadowServer wrote:
You can have 3 ^_^/
Alternatively you can have 5 Fusion monsters as long as none of them are the 'Elemental Hero + Element' monsters. Just for you. Also Reason for Application is not a field you may leave blank. Especially since I'm curious why the Great One is applying.

What about me? I'm using Gem-knights.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Duel Career : 0-0-10

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:01 pm
Shadow, I have like 4 to 5 synchro Dragunity, can I have them + Flashing Carat?
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm
Someone can help me to resize this image correctly, please ><

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Flashi13

NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:
Name : cecko / The Great One

( in the academy , he is only known as cecko )

Age : 16 .. 16th .. has been living since the 16th century

Deck : From the time his heroes have evolved : Hero Beat / Hero Drain / Dimensional Heroes / Flame Heroes / Miracle Gemeni Heroes / Debris Heroes / Drain Hero / Hero Burn etc ... Will be using different decks trough out the seasons , starting with Mushroom Heroes !

Reason for aplication : None .

Detail :

Personality :

During the 16th century a group of expert scientist were working on a top secret project ( X ) which would have changed the world . Among them was our main hero - cecko . Afther years of work , it was finally ready . It looked like a mechanical wordrobe with buttons , though built with alien material found on the planet . It was a time machine . The only problem was testing it . So as you may guess , cecko was the first volunteer . Everything was going very well with the test , but suddenly , a miscalculated time portal opened sucking him and the time machine in for eternity . Now he had acces to every time and place in the planet . But he was forever cursed to be imortal . Over the years he became mad . Then started reading lots of books . And thats how he got to the academy . Is also well - known as The Great One , as he has saved the world several times with his time travel abilites .

Appearance :

Looks like Yondaime .

P.S. Since I actually decided on Heroes and they'r mainly based on extra deck card(s) , i'd like to have atleast 5-7 extra deck .

Just checked your deck.. there's a lot of limited and semi limited cards which are all against the rules. Except Mreborn.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm
cecko0o0o0o0o0 wrote:
During the 16th century a group of expert scientist were working on a top secret project ( X ) which would have changed the world . Among them was our main hero - cecko . Afther years of work , it was finally ready . It looked like a mechanical wordrobe with buttons , though built with alien material found on the planet . It was a time machine . The only problem was testing it . So as you may guess , cecko was the first volunteer . Everything was going very well with the test , but suddenly , a miscalculated time portal opened sucking him and the time machine in for eternity . Now he had acces to every time and place in the planet . But he was forever cursed to be imortal . Over the years he became mad . Then started reading lots of books . And thats how he got to the academy . Is also well - known as The Great One , as he has saved the world several times with his time travel abilites .

Wow! You have... like... BIG ambition..... maybe too big...
Hako

Hako

Team : Magician of the Lost Woods

Duel Career : 8-0-22

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm
Darkanen i dont think that you can get 4 or 5 synchro monsters. That would be too unfair against other users. Dragunnity can still summon strong monsters even without Synchros.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Team : Super Friends

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm
NickV wrote:
ShadowServer wrote:
You can have 3 ^_^/
Alternatively you can have 5 Fusion monsters as long as none of them are the 'Elemental Hero + Element' monsters. Just for you. Also Reason for Application is not a field you may leave blank. Especially since I'm curious why the Great One is applying.

I updated the OP, you can have the same thing for fusions. Either 3 of any kind or 5 fusions that aren't E-Hero + Attribute.

Darkanen wrote:
Shadow, I have like 4 to 5 synchro Dragunity, can I have them + Flashing Carat?
You can use Flashing Carat + 2 other Synchros just like everyone else! ^_^/
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 am
ShadowServer wrote:
NickV wrote:
ShadowServer wrote:
You can have 3 ^_^/

I updated the OP, you can have the same thing for fusions. Either 3 of any kind or 5 fusions that aren't E-Hero + Attribute.
Hm for gem-knights is gem-knight + type.. is it allowed if I'd remove Super Polymerization? Same for cecko, obviously
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 am
NickV wrote:
ShadowServer wrote:
NickV wrote:
ShadowServer wrote:
You can have 3 ^_^/

Hm for gem-knights is gem-knight + type.. is it allowed if I'd remove Super Polymerization? Same for cecko, obviously
No, after looking over what the gem-knights do, just 5 of them is fine. I approved your character, so just add two Gem-Knight fusions. >.>b

Also, the opening post as been updated with rules for allowed characters. The admins together have decreed the following rules for applications:
- No anime characters. There are alot of anime people so if you share some obscure name I won't fault you, but no one is allowed to obviously be a famous anime character rip-off.
- No gods, demons, saviours of the world, ancient evils, legendary heros or the like. Make someone that would have a reason to apply to a prestigious academy! Aspiring heros and villains are welcome.

This obviously means a few of you need to make different characters. Four people have been approved so far and have been added to the OP list.
zombiemaster2

zombiemaster2

Duel Career : 27-0-13

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 am
Name: Greg
Location: Dimensional Anchor. Originally resided in Virginia, United States of America.
Deck:Spellcasters
Reason for Application: Aspiring to join the Pro League, and was annoyed at his old schools policies on dueling.
Comments: Writes information to remember in small notebook in his right pocket.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:35 am
Crap, that's mean I must choose 2 synchro dragunity ><

And no repitition monster? So I cannot have 3 dragunity dux, for example?
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 am
Darkanen wrote:
Crap, that's mean I must choose 2 synchro dragunity ><

And no repitition monster? So I cannot have 3 dragunity dux, for example?
That is correct. The only monsters you may have 3 of are monsters that summon more of themselves like Hero Kid, Nimble Momonga, giant Germ, Troop Dragon etc.
Dusk

Dusk

Team : Destiny

Duel Career : 8-0-5

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 am
Name: Dusk
Deck: Leveled Mayhem
Reason: To find what is rightfully mine.
cecko0o0o0o0o0

cecko0o0o0o0o0

Team : Genesis

Duel Career : 100-0-68

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 pm
Name : ( will edit later )

Deck : Pure Darkness

Reason for aplication : Just another friendly person . ( To gather the force of darkness and inslave some random souls / gather minions )

Detail :

Personality :

A long time ago ... [i]

Used to live in a peacefull vilage near a beach , where everyday was summer and every night was party . Goed to the best college and was allways fit . Had lots of friends and was surrounded by alot of women . Yes we're talking about a standard macho . Everything was going perfect , untill 1 day . That day he was liying on his bed reading books and studying for exams , when he heard a knock on his door . When he oppened there was no one , when he looked closer there was a card on the floor . It's name was " The Seal of Orichalcos " .
He found this suspicous , but liked it's effect ,so he took it .
It soon began to change him . He started dreaming nightmears . His fear of everything dissapeared . And then he started isolating him self from the nation .

A few years later ...

His character was totally forgotten . He had turned into a rude selfish maniac , who dreamed of world domination and fealt strong hunger for blood .

Appearance :

( will edit later )

I spoke with ShadowServer about having a 2nd character and she refused due to space issues , but lol I just can't let this idea go . Will decide which one I will keep , if i can't both .

Icingsugar

Icingsugar

YGOPro Name : Izzy

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm
If you still got space

Name: Dona Mcphee (Winky)

Location Ddyffryn drwyddi drwy y mĂ´r (Wales)

Deck: Valley of Storms (Wind)

Reason for Application: Moving to Anchor with parents work

Comments: Dona is a brash 17 year old, dedicated to the ways of Chaos she likes to take chances perhaps you might say she is reckless at times. Dona has a nervous twitch which often manifests itself as a wink in her right eye leading to her gaining the nickname of Winky . Folk Tales and Mythology played a huge part in her life so she developed her duel monsters deck around things familiar to her the power of the wind and the luck of the Goddess.
She has been known to emphasise her wink with the call of “here’s grit in your eye Boyo!”

Just spotted I've put Mage power in my Main and side deck Sorry I'll use double summon in my main instead Wiill update as soon as I can

Last edited by Icingsugar on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : opps duplicate card)
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am
When's this going to start?
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:48 pm
I intend to start once there are eight characters approved. I'm still watching over and reviewing things, so worry not.
Darkanen

Darkanen

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:37 pm
Am I approved?
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 pm
Darkanen wrote:
Am I approved?
You have:

-Foolish Burial;
-One for One;
-Pot of Avarice;

and more than 3 in your extra deck so I guess not. Read the rules.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 am
Nick is correct. You cannot use any Limited or Semi-Limited cards! You also need a 15 card side deck. You are also using 6 Synchro monsters when you are only allowed 3.
Creus

Creus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 am
ShadowServer wrote:
Nick is correct. You cannot use any Limited or Semi-Limited cards! You also need a 15 card side deck. You are also using 6 Synchro monsters when you are only allowed 3.

How bout Nick using 1 Xyz and 4 Fusions?
Decato

Decato

Administrator

Team : Tricksters

Duel Points : 125

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 am
I changed my name btw lol
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 am
Creus wrote:

Hm yeah this is a good question. Should I have to use 5 fusions or can I leave it as it is?
Creus

Creus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 am
NickV wrote:
Creus wrote:

Hm yeah this is a good question. Should I have to use 5 fusions or can I leave it as it is?

Well as far as I understood it, it was either 3 of any kind or strictly 5 fusions. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
ShadowServer

ShadowServer

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 am
NickV wrote:
Creus wrote:

I said you could add 2 fusions to your list <_< you can either have 3 of anything or 5 fusions, as is now detailed in the rules.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Academy: New Students Thread   Chaos Academy: New Students Thread - Page 2 Icon_m11

Chaos Academy: New Students Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next