HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Empty
PostSubject: Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra   Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Icon_m11Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:01 am
I'd like to show you all two cards that make Gagaga Cowboy jealous:

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Number4StealthKrakentheDeadlyPoisonousJellyfish-JP-Anime-ZX

Quote :
Aqua/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 WATER monsters
2 Level 4 WATER monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 WATER monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to the controller equal to its ATK. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon a number of "Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish" or "Stealth Kragen Ephyra" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard, except this card, equal to the number of Xyz Materials that were attached to this card, then attach the Xyz Materials in your Graveyard that were attached to this card to the Special Summoned monster(s) as Xyz Materials.

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra StealthKragenEfira-JP-Anime-ZX

Quote :
2 Level 4 WATER monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 WATER monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage to the controller equal to its ATK. If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon a number of "Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish" or "Stealth Kragen Ephyra" from your Extra Deck or Graveyard, except this card, equal to the number of Xyz Materials that were attached to this card, then attach the Xyz Materials in your Graveyard that were attached to this card to the Special Summoned monster(s) as Xyz Materials.

Though they're cards that cannot be used by just every deck, I still think they will be sought after. It'll increase the power of Bahamut burn and if the banlist doesn't hit Mermails and they come back even Mermails themselves can use this. And lets not forget about Gishki! The burn that this card gives is pretty damn powerful and it can even summon another copy if it is destroyed.

Also, Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish can OTK you on its own:

Basically, XYZ to it and attack directly. Then use its effect to destroy itself, summon 2 of the same copy in its place. (6100-6100) Attack with both monsters, destroy one to summon the one from your Graveyard. (4200-2300) Attack again, repeat the last step and leave your opponent shocked (2300-0). I think the max damage you can get out of this in a turn is 11400, leaving yourself with 400 LP (if you start counting from 8000).

They're overpowered imo, but its what we've grown used to... I mean, it's Konami. If they rephrase the text so it can miss timing, it'd be balanced.

So, what are your thoughts?

Last edited by NickV on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra 2ntv8so
1st Division

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra   Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Icon_m11Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:25 am
it can be so annoying Razz , but it damage you as well since this combo can't always work
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Team : None

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra 2ntv8so
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra   Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Icon_m11Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 am
NickV wrote:

The Number 4 is ridiculously overpowered in my opinion, but the other one is sort of lacking. If they rephrase the text so it can miss timing, it'd be balanced.

I'm confused... They have the same effect, stats, type/attribute, and summon requirements. Not really sure on how one is better than the other, unless I'm missing something. Though technically, you only need 3 copies of one of them to pull it off, so the other doesn't need to actually exist.

If the effect is as it's written there, you can Rainbow Life yourself to infinity, or just enough to survive about 15000 atk/turn for 40 turns, so like 600k LP. Or deck out a Maxx C while also under Rainbow Life or One Day of Peace.

It's a 1 card loop (Gishki Beast), so I think there's going to be a "You can only use the effect of _____ once per turn" clause added to them.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra   Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Icon_m11Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:21 am
ChaosSatella wrote:
NickV wrote:

The Number 4 is ridiculously overpowered in my opinion, but the other one is sort of lacking. If they rephrase the text so it can miss timing, it'd be balanced.

I'm confused... They have the same effect, stats, type/attribute, and summon requirements. Not really sure on how one is better than the other, unless I'm missing something. Though technically, you only need 3 copies of one of them to pull it off, so the other doesn't need to actually exist.

I made this topic at 5 AM haha, thought the Stealth Kragen could only activate it in MP1. Not sure why I thought that... maybe it was an older translation of the effect I read which didn't include "Once per turn, during either player's turn"
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra   Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra Icon_m11

Number 4: Stealth Kragen the Deadly Poisonous Jellyfish & Stealth Kragen Ephyra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1