Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Empty
PostSubject: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm
Hey guys, just bringing you a recap of this weeks event, YCS London which was huge, as it had over 1,400 participants from all around UK/EU. Anyways, so this was my 1st ever major event so I'll tell you all how I did. As you all know or should know, I played Evilswarms. Off to Day 1 swiss rounds.

Day 1

Round 1: Evilswarm Vs. Dragon Rulers

My first duel was versus an Italian guy with an awesome mustache. I lost the die roll, but he set 3 and passed. I opened pretty solid and made an Ophion after dealing some damage. I opened a Pandemic, but I had a feeling he had a Raigeki Break or PWWB set so I searched out another Pandemic and set 1 and held the other. My guess was right, he tried to End Phase Raigeki Break me, and I countered him with the Pandemic in hand. That early game move lead to me to victory shortly after. Game 2 didn't last long either as I Dark Illusioned his Blaster when he tried to pop Ophion and that wrapped it up. GGWP

Win 2-0

Round 2: Evilswarm Vs. Dragon Rulers

My opponent was a guy from my locals. This match was fun'ish. Game 1 by turn 3 I had double Ophion and Master Key Beetle, he scooped. Game 2 he went turn 1 double Dracossack and 2 tokens, I scooped. Game 3 was a bit more longer and back and fourth but he ended up getting game with Skill Drain, XYZ Encore and Return. All the stupid Sh*t.

Loss 2-1

Round 3: Evilswarm Vs. Dragon Rulers

Game 1 was a fast win, he didn't see Dark Illusion coming. Game 2 I can't remember how he won but he did, I think it might have been XYZ Encore. Game 3 he had Skill Drain face up, I had Ophion and 2 set cards, 1 was Pandemic. He attempted to activate Tidal from grave, so I chained Pandemic, then he chains Return. So yeah I lost to that f***ked up skill-less card again.

Loss 2-1

Round 4: Evilswarm Vs. ???

My opponent didn't show up. He must of saw my named on the pairings and scooped before the round even started, lolz. Match win.

Win 2-0

Round 5: Evilswarm Vs. Geargia

At this point I was losing confidence but when I saw who my opponent was I felt a bit better, another player from my locals. Game 1 was fast, he lost advantage and Ophion reigned supreme. Game 2 was a bit longer but I had a beastly field of Ouroboros, 2 Ophion and Papiloperative. I had him below 2000 and on 0 cards, he tops Dark Hole and I was out of Pandemics, but as he attempts to activate the Redox in his grave, I flip XYZ Reborn.... TROLLED! xD

Win 2-0

Round 6: Evilswarm Vs. Dragunity Rulers

Another player from my locals, Luke Lennard. Game 1 was fast, I had Ophion face up early on as I won die roll... Soon after I drew Rabbit and as I summoned it, he scooped. Game 2 he ran out of resources, and despite having Skill Drain up, couldn't run down Ophion, I eventually drew another monster and gamed him.

Win 2-0

Round 7: Evilswarm Vs. Hunders

Yet another player from my locals, Game 1 was a fast win, but I basically ran him down with some random stuff. Game 2 was so close but I drew light-imprisoning mirror which stopped him from gaming me as his Vylon Prism didn't resolve after he used it to synchro for Scrap Dragon. I then Dark Hole'd him. I can't remember what happened turn after that but it ended up with me top decking Kerykeion and getting game. Another player gets sacked.

Win 2-0

End of Day 1.

So after day 1 I was on exactly 15 points, which was exactly what I needed to make day 2 as swiss had 7 rounds day 1 and 4 rounds day 2.

Day 2

Round 8: N/A

Being the retard that I am, I didn't leave home early enough, and arrived 15 mins late for the first round of the day and got a match loss. Yeah... FML.

Loss 0-2

Round 9: Evilswarm Vs. Prophecy

Game 1 was a fast win, just a few turns into the duel. Game 2 was much longer and back and fourth, I was eventually f**ked by World of Prophecy and I noticed that we were going into time and I couldn't afford a draw so I scooped it up and we went straight into game 3 which by the time we started, we were in time, so we both had to win in 5 turns. I managed to win it in 4 turns with triple Heliotrope, lol.

Win 2-1

Round 10: Evilswarm Vs. Harpies

Game 1 was fast, after a Dark Illusion, he couldn't come back. Game 2 I ran his resources down, made Bahamut, stole his pet Dragon, Oh I almost forgot to say... I put him under EEV, calling spells, and he had a dead PWWB set, and he drew spell after spell XD, and yeah, beat him with his own Pet Dragon. GG.

Win 2-0

Round 11: Evilswarm Vs. Dragon Rulers

Game 1 lost die roll, opened sh*t, say no more. Game 2 Dark Armed ftw.
Game 3 got XYZ Encored. GG for him.

Loss 2-1

End of Day 2.

So I went X-4 in total but to be fair it was over for me as soon as I went X-3 but I played for the heck of it.

This event made me realise something more clearly, I mean the format is shi*t... but it made me realise HOW SH*T and boring it actually is. I mean Dragon after Dragon, I'm fine with that, coz I can beat Dragons majority of the time... But it was extremely boring.

On a side note if XYZ Encore didn't exist I think I would have made top 32 lol.

Final standings I finished 141 out of 1400+ people, Ansar Salik if you guys wanna check or see how others did. As I am writing this report, I heard Alpay from team LUCK made it to the finals so congrats to him.

Anyways thats all folks, hope you enjoyed the read, until next time...

Peace.
Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist

Team : MASTER MINDS

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 2-0-3

YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:46 pm
Well played though, grats making it as far as you did.
and most people just want to play what will win, EDrags are still going strong, even without some of their cards.
Tears0flife

Tears0flife

Team : Tenchu Assassins

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YCC Bronze
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am
Salik wrote:
heard Alpay from team LUCK made it to the finals so congrats to him.

thats right king 
Liyana

Liyana

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Season : 8-0-1

Duel Career : 75-0-48

YGOPro Name : Liyana

YCC Bronze
Order of Chaos
Battle Arena Bronze
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:34 am
Cogratz mate, unlucky that you couldn't top maybe next time!
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 am
Congratz on what you got. I wish I had gone though (f ing exams)
VIP MNM

VIP MNM

Team : RIP

Duel Season : 11-0-11

Duel Career : 11-0-11

YGOPro Name : K4Fame

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm
A little question can you make money out of a YCS-Tournament? I mean the travel costs are high I dont know if it pays off to participate in one of these tournaments.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:04 pm
VIP MNM wrote:
A little question can you make money out of a YCS-Tournament? I mean the travel costs are high I dont know if it pays off to participate in one of these tournaments.
You can sell the items that you win, but you don't get cash from tournaments.
Chaos Creator

Chaos Creator

Team : Gimme 1

Duel Season : 5-0-12

Duel Career : 32-0-53

YGOPro Name : ChaosCreator

Weekly Bash Bronze
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:53 pm
I would congratulate u but u beat geargias...
nobody beats geargias...
nobody...
nobody...
nobody!
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:19 pm
VIP MNM wrote:
The prizes are pretty valuable, besides the mat and prize card, top 4 also won, I Phones, Laptops etc. as well as a paid flight + accommodation to any EU YCS.
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 am
So like I'm looking at the top 2 in YCS London. This is so cool that someone in CEA topped a YCS!

Also Salik, I think a girl topped 16 with Evilswarm xD. "Ashley Bradbury"
VIP MNM

VIP MNM

Team : RIP

Duel Season : 11-0-11

Duel Career : 11-0-11

YGOPro Name : K4Fame

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 am

It's a guy.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:14 am
lol
a buddy of mine got place 4th in ycs london only reason he lost was from a bad judges ruling
otherwise would have made 3rd lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report   YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report Icon_m11

YCS London Baby!! : Tournament Report

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1