Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Burning Abyss Deck Discussion 2ntv8so
1st Division

Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:56 am
So guys here is this burning abyss deck I've been working on after a few weeks of a YCS top from a known player known as "902" on DNF. I netdecked, yes I did, however I am having difficult trouble now figuring out the what makes the deck flat out lose and what makes the deck flat out win.

https://i.imgur.com/R9MmvtT.png

Before we push on to the actual manual list. What is Burning Abyss actually? Burning abyss is a set of level 3, dark, fiend type monsters. All monsters have the following clause

If you control a monster that is not a "Burning Abyss" monster, destroy this card. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss" per turn, and only once that turn.

● If you control no Spell/Trap Cards: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

The idea is that burning abyss monsters can xyz into rank 3s, mainly a specific card.

Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and choose a number from 1 to 3, then send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard; until the end of this turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Burning Abyss" card in your Graveyard, except this card; add it to your hand.

The best thing Burning Abyss has post NECH is the consistensy verses all other decks; furthermore, for each Burning Abyss play you make you will gain an investment back when the monster is removed.

Ex: Special summon Alich from hand, and normal summon Scarm. XYZ into Dante (which allows you to mill into other burning abyss and trigger effects). By detaching scarm you get a free lv 3 dark fiend search (yay Tour Guide), a 2500 Defense position wall, as well as when dante is "sent to the graveyard" (yeah from anywhere) you get to add a Burning Abyss Card from the graveyard back to the hand.

So yeah, thats just a basic setup. I will elaborate more personally in a much bigger guide. Does anyone have any tips, ideas on what would make this BA deck better? I will post the manual list upon request. Deck choices upon request, and any cards you don't know off the imgur.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:25 am
What problems do you face when you're losing? Do you end up having dead hands or no plays fast? Is milling not going well? Is BLS dead 50% of the times? Are opponents' backrows an issue? etc. Deconstruct your duels and see where things went wrong. Hell, maybe you don't know how to pilot it effectively.

Maybe Dark World Dealings works? I have no clue, haven't really read the BA cards yet. A quick glance shows me you don't really have much diversity in your extra deck though.
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:17 am
@NickV Commenting on a deck you don't know Cool

I've been playing the deck for the last 2 days, but the version I'm running has 3 Karma Cuts and no Night Beams, also maining Raigeki. Extra deck is about the same except I'm running 2 Downerd Magicians not 3, so far I've never needed 3.

I'm also running Bottomless and Warning which I'm considering throwing out for 2 Breakthroughs, cause of the mills.
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:34 am
BTS is only recomanded in side, cause it's dead vs qlips and subpar vs shads(chaos ones, the artifact more popular in europe but generally less played). you might wanna side for mirror matches, but there might be even better stuff to side for that role.

btw sab i cleared my inbox
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:27 pm
NickV wrote:
What problems do you face when you're losing? Do you end up having dead hands or no plays fast? Is milling not going well? Is BLS dead 50% of the times? Are opponents' backrows an issue? etc. Deconstruct your duels and see where things went wrong. Hell, maybe you don't know how to pilot it effectively.

Maybe Dark World Dealings works? I have no clue, haven't really read the BA cards yet. A quick glance shows me you don't really have much diversity in your extra deck though.

BA's hardest matchup is Shadoll. If you XYZ or synchro into a monster your opponent gets a free fusion. The only real monster threat BA has is Virgil which can spin any card on field or grave. The biggest issue with BA is controlling big fields.

Ex. vs Qliphort it would be a sucessful Disk play + pendulum summons. Or vs shadoll it would be Winda + Construct, more set el fusion plays. Mainly winda because winda only allows you to special summon once. BA has a hard time switching between controlling boards and making huge boards on demand if an opponent makes a strong board first.

The main issue I see with this build is the fact that there are times where u just straight brick harder than any other deck in the game. Opening a lot of BA monsters tends to work out in your favor highly, but opening plenty of s/t and no good discard outputs to get in the game is when BA is ultimately destroyed. Black Luster Solider is rarely ever a dead card, in fact it is nearly considered an auto win card if drawn in BA.
The deck is piloted like "BIG BA" a phrase known for BA that runs the extra BA monsters that aren't good to make extra XYZ. I will post a few matches later.
yolodark

yolodark

Team : Midnight Carnivals RoC

Duel Season : 33-0-27

Duel Career : 124-0-68

YGOPro Name : yolodark/yoloshark

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm
Puffy

Puffy

Duel Career : 27-0-35

YGOPro Name : Puffy

YCC Gold
Squire
Team Wars Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:31 pm
what do you do when a qlip player drops towers on you?
Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Team : Former Sabertooth Member

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : None...

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:40 pm
Towers usually isn't being played by good qli players, he isn't needed cause if you in a position to summon him, you might just win already. and they have hard time even getting 3 tributes with all the hate people put vs them, so it;s an awful draw. ycs milan winner didn't have even 1 in his side.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:43 pm
Blackbeard wrote:
Towers usually isn't being played by good qli players, he isn't needed cause if you in a position to summon him, you might just win already. and they have hard time even getting 3 tributes with all the hate people put vs them, so it;s an awful draw. ycs milan winner didn't have even 1 in his side.

He is right. Qliph players love abusing shell and disk more than using tower. Not only that but they rather go for those ridiculous pendullum spam otks.
#FairyWind+MSTTo3
Puffy

Puffy

Duel Career : 27-0-35

YGOPro Name : Puffy

YCC Gold
Squire
Team Wars Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:47 pm
a lot of players in the north of England have started using 1 since its pretty much auto win vs burning abyss, I know it's got its inconsistency issues but generally tributing for it isn't a problem since saqlifice is a card. Burning abyss is quils hardest match up so rather than skirting around the question, what are ways to deal with it?

From what I am aware off abyss players only have the 4k atk xyz psychic monster to deal with it or just hope they can nightmare shark for game while stalling. what I am asking is are there any other outs? them not using the card is not a valid answer.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:01 pm
Puffy wrote:
a lot of players in the north of England have started using 1 since its pretty much auto win vs burning abyss, I know it's got its inconsistency issues but generally tributing for it isn't a problem since saqlifice is a card. Burning abyss is quils hardest match up so rather than skirting around the question, what are ways to deal with it?

From what I am aware off abyss players only have the 4k atk xyz psychic monster to deal with it or just hope they can nightmare shark for game while stalling. what I am asking is are there any other outs? them not using the card is not a valid answer.

Qli is actually considered the easiest matchup for burning abyss, and shadoll the hardest matchup for burning abyss. Mainly because if BA goes first they can pop any br and tools Qli has, as well as use virgil to send back saq or any monster for otks.

There isn't any real way except by shutting down the play before its made. You can easily see the scenarios where a player is trying to make Tower.Other than that u have to try and poke damage with backrow.
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:21 pm
Ok so what you're saying is: if BA goes first against Qli, they have a chance--and only if you beat them at their game, not yours--but if they go second they're screwed. Their other meta matchup is 'the hardest'. Aren't you basically saying they suck compared to the other meta decks?
Walshe

Walshe

Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:24 am
Puffy wrote:
what do you do when a qlip player drops towers on you?

There is a few ways depending on what deck you use

Level/Rank 10 or higher monsters effects work on it

Activated effects from any monster whose original Level/Rank is lower than this card's current Level.

so you can use cards like Metaion, the Timelord,Darklord Desire to get rid off it or you can just run it over Tragoedia,Star Eater,Excalibur etc

Lava Golem is an easy way to get rid if it since it doesn't
activate

other cards you can use are share the pain,prideful roar also you can use Mask of Restrict to stop it before it comes out.
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:44 pm
^. I don't see Towers too often, but when I do I'm usually screwed so yeah, wish we had more ways to get rid of it lol.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 am
NickV wrote:
Ok so what you're saying is: if BA goes first against Qli, they have a chance--and only if you beat them at their game, not yours--but if they go second they're screwed. Their other meta matchup is 'the hardest'. Aren't you basically saying they suck compared to the other meta decks?

What makes BA the hardest matchup for qli is the fact that they need floodgates to stop everything BA does. Virgil the main threat can spin any card, tools SAQ, and cut off plays, and even OTK on demand easier than Qli can otk them. There isn't any strong standoff plays Qli has vs BA. They just hope they draw the correct backrow for whatever hand the BA player has. Shadoll is the hardest matchup mainly because free fusions and WINDA. Once u prevent both those setups the shadoll matchup is easier. BA is the best of all 3 because of its consistency. However, there are multiple cases where your opponent can just open god and not brick, where they make powerful fields which BA has a hard time dealing with. You have to take note that the majority of side decks will be to shut down BA. If you don't shut down BA u loose a lot harder than vs the other decks.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 am
NickV wrote:

What makes BA the hardest matchup for qli is the fact that they need floodgates to stop everything BA does. Virgil the main threat can spin any card, tools SAQ, and cut off plays, and even OTK on demand easier than Qli can otk them. There isn't any strong standoff plays Qli has vs BA. They just hope they draw the correct backrow for whatever hand the BA player has. Shadoll is the hardest matchup mainly because free fusions and WINDA. Once u prevent both those setups the shadoll matchup is easier. BA is the best of all 3 because of its consistency. However, there are multiple cases where your opponent can just open god and not brick, where they make powerful fields which BA has a hard time dealing with. You have to take note that the majority of side decks will be to shut down BA. If you don't shut down BA u loose a lot harder than vs the other decks.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning Abyss Deck Discussion   Burning Abyss Deck Discussion Icon_m11

Burning Abyss Deck Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1