Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
Harpie Deck Discussion 2ntv8so
1st Division

Harpie Deck Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:38 pm
I know we don't have much discussion on decks in forums here @ CEA, so I thought I'd bring one up that is an under the radar deck that has gained some small popularity on the TCG side of YGO. Currently, there isn't really a "standard" skeleton for a Harpie deck and each variant that happens to top have a variety of different techs. From Magical Hats to maindecking 3 mistake.

Harpie Deck Discussion JpPB6sz

I'm running the Harpie deck that topped ARG, one of the most competitive tourneys with actual money involved. As I move on this deck, i'll bring up some ideas and uses of it, and maybe others might have ideas that will make this deck better than the creator himself.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:45 pm
I was gonna build this deck and read on those new cards they got and umm I would suggest having a space for summoner monk , I've seen people combo it with Hysteric sign which by it's own is a big plus and can help you rank 4 really fast , I have had the idea Honestly of playing geartown alongside with magical hats as it's a great combo to pull of , you get to search 3 cards and get a 3000Beatstick but haven't tested it out yet but that's just me xD and umm you aren't playing Exciton knight or Ragna Zero in there? O_o
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 pm
I would play Summoner monk x 2 in this deck, too good of a combo with Hysteric Sign.
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:23 pm
Salik wrote:
I would play Summoner monk x 2 in this deck, too good of a combo with Hysteric Sign.

I dont see the point in running monk. Its too easily negated, it kinda wastes a relevant summon or relevant spell. And unlike chan, it only combos into 101 and exciton knight. Even if u considered playing it, what would you cut?

Also since you can only activate one of both of effects of hysteric party per turn do you guys often end up just not searching egotist and just searching for monsters? I dont like how the monster count is so low and how hysteric and hunting ground seems to be the deck... Everything thing else is like "dont allow your opponent to play ygo".
Salik

Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 pm
The main deck Mistakes for sure.

Summoner monk can easily tool box a channeler and with the field spell on field, that pops backrow. You say it gets easily negated? But doesn't it have the same chance of getting negated as any other card? only in this deck, the pitching of the spell, isn't a minus, instead its a plus... You can easily go into Roach and with the amount of back row the deck has, that would be a pretty solid start against most decks in the format. Summoner monk gives the deck that sudden explosiveness.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:13 am
Salik wrote:
The main deck Mistakes for sure.

Summoner monk can easily tool box a channeler and with the field spell on field, that pops backrow. You say it gets easily negated? But doesn't it have the same chance of getting negated as any other card? only in this deck, the pitching of the spell, isn't a minus, instead its a plus... You can easily go into Roach and with the amount of back row the deck has, that would be a pretty solid start against most decks in the format. Summoner monk gives the deck that sudden explosiveness.

Let me restate what i meant. I was trying to say if it doesnt resolve, it puts you into bad situations unlike other monsters in harpies.
Salik

Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 am
You still plus 2 from the discard of Hysteric Sign due the discard being a cost, hence why I said in this deck its not a bad thing even if it gets negated. Further more, you shouldn't be main decking Mistakes and Rai-Oh anyways as your deck searches a lot. Personally i believe, cards which don't further your game state, such as Mistake, Gozen, Iron Wall, etc. cards which do nothing to compliment your deck in terms of advancing in the game should not be mained, especially when we;re in such a diverse format atm. If the format was ''everyone is playing spellbooks'', I would understand, similarly how that Geargia deck won YCS Turin by main decking Anti Dragon traps coz he knew the whole tournament would be filled with Dragons, but currently we;re not in a situation like that. So im not sure why you're maining cards like those in the first place.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:25 am
Salik wrote:
You still plus 2 from the discard of Hysteric Sign due the discard being a cost, hence why I said in this deck its not a bad thing even if it gets negated. Further more, you shouldn't be main decking Mistakes and Rai-Oh anyways as your deck searches a lot. Personally i believe, cards which don't further your game state, such as Mistake, Gozen, Iron Wall, etc. cards which do nothing to compliment your deck in terms of advancing in the game should not be mained, especially when we;re in such a diverse format atm. If the format was ''everyone is playing spellbooks'', I would understand, similarly how that Geargia deck won YCS Turin by main decking Anti Dragon traps coz he knew the whole tournament would be filled with Dragons, but currently we;re not in a situation like that. So im not sure why you're maining cards like those in the first place.

I stated earlier that this was the deck that topped for ARG more competitive than a YCS and it was used by billy brake, jj made it. The whole point of this is is to make more of harpies. I still havent worked out why and how everything cane to be in this deck. How for example mistake was to be played. Mistake if anything doesnt really hurt the deck. The way im seeing it and how its being played is basically stun ur opponents searches, when you need to search, pop with hunting. Also you have 6 deck searchers. Of 6, 3 is playable, harpie queen, hysteric sign can add from grave egotist and it doesnt fizzle only when u respond with mistake. And ill try monk. I wanna say monk was cut from his deck for a reason as well as lack of ratio of 2+ icarus sonill find the answer.
Salik

Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 am
And btw tell Natalya that instead of saying stuff behind my back, like ''why does Salik act like he knows it all, when he is just a noob'' she should say it to my face instead of trying to look cool in staff chat, when all im doing is giving positive criticism to guides that I see and backing up my points. I remember her saying the other day ''if you have something to say, you should PM it to me or say it to me directly'' i guess she should start taking her own advice and stop being a hypocrite, especially for someone who is a moderator on this site. Thanks Smile
riou

riou

Team : Midnight Carnival

Duel Season : 11-0-11

Duel Career : 138-0-117

YGOPro Name : riou/shi~en/rin

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:53 am
aggre with salik here monk is awesome in harpie,+ hat is very good too, tho swallow's nest is still the best for me helped you to dodge opp veilers or backrows lol

--ah here some my harpie's replays that still surivivng in my folder if you interested to watch it lol

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/WXCQYPux3k6IcFgrpgIaU5fR0pFuzhyJiT63YiBwCp8
genjutsumaster19

genjutsumaster19

Duel Career : 0-0-0

YGOPro Name : none

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:18 pm
Can you manually list the deck, the images won't show on the computer? I'm sure Harpie Channeler is in at 3 and 3 harpies pet Phantasmal Dragon, no need to see the deck to know that.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harpie Deck Discussion   Harpie Deck Discussion Icon_m11

Harpie Deck Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1