Duel Season : 1-0-0

Duel Career : 29-0-39

YGOPro Name : CrimsonEff3ct

Just Some Suggestions 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Just Some Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:18 pm
Hey guys i thought i should make a topic with some suggestions since at the moment CEA hasn't really did that much since it came back.Sabbaticus not being round lately maybe one reason for this but not all from the way i see it so i would like to make some suggestions i know i may get some hate for this but i'm just trying to help CEA get started again.

1. I suggest the 4 staff members here get together in a staff chat & come up with jobs/tasks for us members to do.The members which want to help could even be put in a staff chat together.

2. War Section started again this has been suggested in a skype chat CEA members are in. There is a few ways to go about this as was suggested the mods can act as temporary war managers & temporary rankings can be put in place I suggested in the skype chat that i could put ERA/NOA's rankings on CEA for the time being but got no reply but anyway i think we should get the war sections going again as fast as possible.

3. Recruit this can be one of the tasks assigned by the staff members & one of the ways which is a good way to recruit which i used on NOA & heard it suggested in the Skype chat is by opening a devpro chat.

4. YouTube channel/videos there is a few people on CEA which can make youtube videos one of them being me if the staff members could get a few YouTubers together CEA could gain members from it & will give members an incentive to duel.

5. More Weekly Bash & at a time when there is enough members on.

6. Articles these can be about anything not just yugioh & should get us members posting more hopefully xd

I know the staff maybe busy & can't do everything especially when there is only 4 with limited powers but i ask you guys to work together with us members so we can get this once great academy active & growing again.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Team : None

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 13-0-6

Duel Career : 43-0-27

YGOPro Name : Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:50 pm
Walshe wrote:
Hey guys i thought i should make a topic with some suggestions since at the moment CEA hasn't really did that much since it came back.Sabbaticus not being round lately maybe one reason for this but not all from the way i see it so i would like to make some suggestions i know i may get some hate for this but i'm just trying to help CEA get started again.

1. I suggest the 4 staff members here get together in a staff chat & come up with jobs/tasks for us members to do.The members which want to help could even be put in a staff chat together.

2. War Section started again this has been suggested in a skype chat CEA members are in. There is a few ways to go about this as was suggested the mods can act as temporary war managers & temporary rankings can be put in place I suggested in the skype chat that i could put ERA/NOA's rankings on CEA for the time being but got no reply but anyway i think we should get the war sections going again as fast as possible.

3. Recruit this can be one of the tasks assigned by the staff members & one of the ways which is a good way to recruit which i used on NOA & heard it suggested in the Skype chat is by opening a devpro chat.

4. YouTube channel/videos there is a few people on CEA which can make youtube videos one of them being me if the staff members could get a few YouTubers together CEA could gain members from it & will give members an incentive to duel.

6. Articles these can be about anything not just yugioh & should get us members posting more hopefully xd

I know the staff maybe busy & can't do everything especially when there is only 4 with limited powers but i ask you guys to work together with us members so we can get this once great academy active & growing again.

1- What kind of tasks can we give to regular members so that they can help us with? If you really want to help, you can apply for a staff here; https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t7184-staff-applications#61028

2- The war section will start when there are War Managers to begin with. We don't have understanding of how the ELO/rating works so that we can act as temporary War Managers + We already have our own system.

3- Recruiting can be done by Staff/non-staff without having to assign it to someone But first, we need to get some content up first. Having chats in different platforms will promoting the forum will definitely help though.

4- I think the whole Youtube thing is pointless. First off, the YGO channels aren't that popular, unless you have some sponsors and put a lot of work into it and I don't think anyone here has the time or the resources for it.

5- We were going to have 2 Bashes before the site closed. One was going to be Meta, the other was going to be Non-meta but we didn't decide on the date and the exact rules yet.

MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:20 pm
Dovahkiin wrote:
Walshe wrote:

1- What kind of tasks can we give to regular members so that they can help us with? If you really want to help, you can apply for a staff here; https://chaosera.forumotion.net/t7184-staff-applications#61028

2- The war section will start when there are War Managers to begin with. We don't have understanding of how the ELO/rating works so that we can act as temporary War Managers + We already have our own system.

3- Recruiting can be done by Staff/non-staff without having to assign it to someone But first, we need to get some content up first. Having chats in different platforms will promoting the forum will definitely help though.

4- I think the whole Youtube thing is pointless. First off, the YGO channels aren't that popular, unless you have some sponsors and put a lot of work into it and I don't think anyone here has the time or the resources for it.

5- We were going to have 2 Bashes before the site closed. One was going to be Meta, the other was going to be Non-meta but we didn't decide on the date and the exact rules yet.

Welp

2- I understand the war system if you need help trying to figure it out. I just hate all the math...eww. Also remember satella had a previous guide HERE on how to use it if you need help understanding how to use the war system already in place.

4- The youtube thing is pointless to an extent. If you know how to work the system in terms of how to get subscribers. You either have to be a very funny troller (something I know CEA doesn't want to represent) or you have to be somewhat godlike to many people. Or then there are those who have just a lot of friends that hook up with other friends. Whatever. The process of making a good legit youtube page that looks professional isn't really hard cause with work you can do it in like 5 hours. After that its like 20-40 mins at a time of working on content and things and then there is how long the duel is. The thing is no one here has those kind of connections to make massive headlines. I could probably for example if i started one get maybe 200-300 but after that your pretty much dead in the water because people are lazy and there not gonna be like all tellin their friends unless your stuff is just that godlike or they are just that committed.
To make that long phrase short. Youtube isn't very hard and not as time consuming as it looks. Getting the people to stay interested and keep inviting others is the hard part. That part could be time consuming. Though I'm sure if you had a really dedicated team you could possibly pull it off.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 pm
MasterMarcus wrote:
2- I understand the war system if you need help trying to figure it out.

It isn't really about not understanding the system, If I put time into it, I'll sure get along with it. But I am not tasked to deal with the War Arena, that is the War Manager's job.

But since there are currently no War Managers, Me and Aang wouldn't mind helping with the War Arena by locking/awarding the past wars that if we are allowed too.
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Duel Points : 150

Duel Season : 3-0-3

Duel Career : 28-0-21

YGOPro Name : Dragoon

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:43 pm
The only person who can manage the current ELO ratigs are satella and thats it but the thing that we could do is start up teams and wars but just go with the wars without elo for now and the mods could try and figure that out but what we really need is some active events and some other stuff to boost activity and mainly for Sabb to get some people assigned to certain tasks so we can get some activity up again
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:09 am
1. I don't want to be staff i would only be staff if it was temporary

2. I suggested we put temporary ranking up until the old rankings get started again era/noa rankings r simple & can be edited by anyone which i give a link or you guys can make your own simple rankings for the time being.

3. Need to get some content up first that's true & by assigning task i mean staff can post recruiting events with different prizes each time like dp etc

4. Youtube may not get you alot of members from it but it's really helpful when trying to recruit members NOA got teams like SOD & people to join because they liked the fact that their duels where going to be on youtube & that it will get people to duel if they want their duels to be on youtube.
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:13 am
Please don't link to other YGO forums. Your help and suggestions are appreciated, but the rules are rules so I am going to have to warn you about this.
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:21 am
Dragoon wrote:
The only person who can manage the current ELO ratigs are satella and thats it but the thing that we could do is start up teams and wars but just go with the wars without elo for now and the mods could try and figure that out but what we really need is some active events and some other stuff to boost activity and mainly for Sabb to get some people assigned to certain tasks so we can get some activity up again

Yeah, about that. When the site previously closed down, I pretty much quit Yugioh altogether. I don't play anymore - I don't even have YGOPro installed on any of my computers. I only show up to see if anyone is still around. As for the elo records and stuff, I still have it, and it's pretty easy to use if you have basic knowledge of Excel/Google Spreadsheets. Basically, if you know how to create new rows/columns and how to transport an equation over multiple rows (it's a click and drag), you're good.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:56 pm
Dovahkiin wrote:
Please don't link to other YGO forums. Your help and suggestions are appreciated, but the rules are rules so I am going to have to warn you about this.

I get why you removed the first link but it's a dead forum anyway but i don't get why you removed the youtube channel link anyway still haven't got an answer if you guys would like to use those rankings or will one of you guys take over from Satella & continue on with those rankings as was posted you guys don't understand satella's elo rankings so why not put in a temporary ranking until someone can be found who understands satella's elo rankings?

Also doesn't pyro understand satella elo rankings he was a war manager sure?
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

Duel Career : 2-0-0

YGOPro Name : ChaosSatella

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:23 pm
He should be able to understand it - it's not too difficult. But you don't really need to understand it because the google doc I have just runs all the math for me (and whoever else inputs the data). If anyone wants to become a war manager and have elo ratings, here is a sheet I threw together really quick to practice with to see how easy it is.

NOTE: Hover over the boxes, I put some notes to help clarify some things.

If anymore help is needed with the doc, send me a PM so I don't take this thread over.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:31 pm
New Suggestion

Most annoying deck of the month & the winning deck gets banned from the arena & bash for a week r 2.

Duelist of the month/worst/troll duelist of the month

Interviews CEA had this before i think it would be good to start it again.

Last edited by Walshe on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:38 pm
Interviews won't be great until we get more activity also the most annoying deck would be hard to determine and hard to mamaintain. Lastly the worst duelist might not be a great idea cuz ima be there and best duelist is hard to determine.

On a serious note having a worst duelist might hurt their confidence.
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Duel Points : 225

Duel Season : 7-0-6

Duel Career : 146-0-74

YGOPro Name : Pyro/SoulBurner

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm
Dragoon wrote:

Not to mention people will look down on him which was the problem of many people leaving.

But I like the most annoying deck idea but we need to vote on that.

Last edited by Pyro on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:41 pm
Dragoon wrote:
Interviews won't be great until we get more activity also the most annoying deck would be hard to determine and hard to mamaintain. Lastly the worst duelist might not be a great idea cuz ima be there and best duelist is hard to determine.

When i say worst duelist i mean more as in trolling & annoying deck gets determined by votes

Best duelist would be determined by wins in arena/events

Last edited by Walshe on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Duel Points : 225

Duel Season : 7-0-6

Duel Career : 146-0-74

YGOPro Name : Pyro/SoulBurner

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 pm
Walshe wrote:
When i say worst duelist i mean more as in trolling & annoying deck gets determined by votes

Then that would be the most annoying player to face which would be either me with noble knights or zacky with his dam chain beats.
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:54 pm
Or Yolo dark cuz he's a troll
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:21 pm
First off..why in god given hell are we thinking of banning decks. That shouldn't even be thought of. Just because you cant beat it doesn't mean you should ban that person from using it. No deck is unbeatable and its not hard to beat any deck (excluding the tier 0 #Qliphorts). The decks this academies students primarily use are easily beatable they just have a lot of skill using them which makes them very hard to beat. In other words gain some skill and beat them. Simple enough.
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:06 pm
first of Marcus if you read i said for a week r so not forever also it will be voted on by the members it's not about skill r nt if 1 deck is annoying most members the members will be able to vote for that each month then for 1 week in that month members can't use that deck.

For example the decks annoying people atm r nt the meta it's pyro's noble knights & zacky chain beat so if members vote for 1 of them at the end of the month then for 1 week no members can use it also it will give people a challenge that week lets say shaddolls get banned for a week then that means in the bash it can't be used meaning it may get more people joining that bash if they didn't like that deck & it will give the people who play shaddolls all the time a challenge in that bash.

MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:55 pm
Walshe wrote:
first of Marcus if you read i said for a week r so not forever also it will be voted on by the members it's not about skill r nt if 1 deck is annoying most members the members will be able to vote for that each month then for 1 week in that month members can't use that deck.

For example the decks annoying people atm r nt the meta it's pyro's noble knights & zacky chain beat so if members vote for 1 of them at the end of the month then for 1 week no members can use it also it will give people a challenge that week lets say shaddolls get banned for a week then that means in the bash it can't be used meaning it may get more people joining that bash if they didn't like that deck & it will give the people who play shaddolls all the time a challenge in that bash.

I did read what you said. And still my answer is so what if it annoys you. If it annoys you so much beat them. lawl
Walshe

Walshe

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am
Your one of many members here marcus just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't & annoying doesn't mean someone can't beat that deck it means it's not fun to play against.Also instead of criticizing my suggestions how about you suggest some.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Some Suggestions   Just Some Suggestions Icon_m11

Just Some Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1