Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

Suggestions for a RP? Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:02 am
Since I am now in control of the RP section I have decided to start from scratch with all of it since so many people have left the Rp Server created and its easier for me to manage. Now... What would you guys like for a setting for the Rp and possibly over lining plot, I have some experience in RP's but some suggestions to help get this thing rolling would be great. I may or not be a huge character in the rp, possibly a head mistress who will watch over and intervene when needed and such. Anyways please add suggestions and I will quickly try to make an RP or RP's that the company sees fit ^.^
Kenshi

Kenshi

Team : Super Friends

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Suggestions for a RP? 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 am
dungeons and dragons
Katana

Katana

Team : Tricksters

Duel Career : 29-0-24

YGOPro Name : Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 am
RP's where we actually duel. 1 where its a survival thing, and people can form any alliances they wan't and ppl are to collect souls. The last man standing will win the whole rp. A 2-0 can only count as a duelist losing his soul, and with each certain amount of people dying u can add in background story of your own.
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team : Destiny

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:03 am
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
RP's where we actually duel. 1 where its a survival thing, and people can form any alliances they wan't and ppl are to collect souls. The last man standing will win the whole rp. A 2-0 can only count as a duelist losing his soul, and with each certain amount of people dying u can add in background story of your own.

Does sound like a neat idea but elimination of other rp players sounds.... iffy...
Kenshi

Kenshi

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 6-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 am
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:

Battle Royale with Yu-Gi-Oh sounds fun. Not too fond of the 2-0 idea though since there are too many factors involved in duels.
Airam Masters

Airam Masters

Team : -less

Duel Season : 0-0-4

Duel Career : 20-0-38

YGOPro Name : MariaMasters

Team Wars Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 am
i like the idea of a shadow faction and a light faction of RP'er going at it, and of course the job of the shadow faction is to steal the souls of the light faction and the light faction's job is to get back the souls of those captured also trying to figure out how the shadow faction is doing it and trying to stop it
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:13 am
Kenshi wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:

Battle Royale with Yu-Gi-Oh sounds fun. Not too fond of the 2-0 idea though since there are too many factors involved in duels.

yeah maybe 2-0 is a little bit much. There will be a lot of players i'm guessing. But I think elimination with actual duels will get people to be a little bit more active in RP.
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 am
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
Kenshi wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:

yeah maybe 2-0 is a little bit much. There will be a lot of players i'm guessing. But I think elimination with actual duels will get people to be a little bit more active in RP.

Actually once I get some steady RP's going ill maybe make a tourney where people can select their characters and they will be chosen to enter a mystical tourney and have the real dueling their but thats a big iff as of now
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 am
I have an idea, and yes this is based on Mortal Kombat the first movie (love it!).

Players are visited and given invites to an exlusive event to take part in, with only the best gaining such invite. After the confrontation they all board a ship and make their way to a hidden island, none of the players knowing each other or what to expect, and each having their own motivations for entering. Once there they are given a taste of things to come which puts them on edge. Each of them faces a challenge at various parts of the island in different settings against one of the island's duelists, in the form of a duel of course. Challenges are given out regularly and matches form out of confrontations while exploring, players are of course put against each other as well leading to the main event with the final competitors.

So for this you get 2 groups, those to play the role of those invited to the island and event, and those who are on the side of those hosting the event, who also lurk around the island to confront the players and try stop them.

I loved the movie and idea and I islands seem to be awesome for rp'ing given that air of exploration and mystery, so figured this would be cool instead of just an academy on an island.
Katana

Katana

Weekly Bash Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 am
Sabbaticus wrote:
I have an idea, and yes this is based on Mortal Kombat the first movie (love it!).

Players are visited and given invites to an exlusive event to take part in, with only the best gaining such invite. After the confrontation they all board a ship and make their way to a hidden island, none of the players knowing each other or what to expect, and each having their own motivations for entering. Once there they are given a taste of things to come which puts them on edge. Each of them faces a challenge at various parts of the island in different settings against one of the island's duelists, in the form of a duel of course. Challenges are given out regularly and matches form out of confrontations while exploring, players are of course put against each other as well leading to the main event with the final competitors.

So for this you get 2 groups, those to play the role of those invited to the island and event, and those who are on the side of those hosting the event, who also lurk around the island to confront the players and try stop them.

I loved the movie and idea and I islands seem to be awesome for rp'ing given that air of exploration and mystery, so figured this would be cool instead of just an academy on an island.

A lot more interesting than my idea xD. I say we go for it.
Airam Masters

Airam Masters

Team Wars Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 am
o.m.g. sabba i love that idea
samsoni1

samsoni1

Duel Career : 1-0-4

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 am
LustfulZex wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:
Kenshi wrote:
Taisakuno Shouri wrote:

Actually once I get some steady RP's going ill maybe make a tourney where people can select their characters and they will be chosen to enter a mystical tourney and have the real dueling their but thats a big iff as of now

well as long as we are actually dueling I am all in and i think that people would Rp by chatting (like normal) and then duels are made where ether duelists will post the replay if the actual duel and if we could incorporate spirit monsters that would be nice
samsoni1

samsoni1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 am
oh also sabb love it reminded me of that dueling game for the wii
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 am
This is going with merihim's idea... I was also thinking that we have like a medieval setting where there's this Kingdom ruled by this Empress (me) she is a bit of a cynic and has a negative view of humanity, many people ruled by her despise her, a rebel fraction has been made wanting her to be dethrowned and etc and I was think it could be based and the rebel's struggle trying to dethrone her.
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 am
to elaborate on what sabby said it sounds also like the first season of yugioh how yugi gets on a boat and goes to DK maybe we could do somethin like that where u have 7 lives wen u lose all of them ur out
Airam Masters

Airam Masters

Team Wars Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 am
oh oh i like it, i wanna be the evil general of the empress's army Twisted Evil
samsoni1

samsoni1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am
LustfulZex wrote:
This is going with merihim's idea... I was also thinking that we have like a medieval setting where there's this Kingdom ruled by this Empress (me) she is a bit of a cynic and has a negative view of humanity, many people ruled by her despise her, a rebel fraction has been made wanting her to be dethrowned and etc and I was think it could be based and the rebel's struggle trying to dethrone her.
we could also incorporate sabbs idea by having some invited duelists to help out the rebels to dethrown the empress and having the people wanting to stop the other guys from dethrouneing her

and going with M&M I wanna be the light guy (photons ftw)
MasterMarcus

MasterMarcus

Team : Ultimate Legends

Duel Career : 35-0-70

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 am
m&m ur not evil enough to be da empress
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:10 am
Oh well, nevermind then I guess.
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 am
Sabbaticus wrote:
Oh well, nevermind then I guess.

Oh no no Sabby your idea is great. We were talking about it in the chatbox actually Im pretty sure im going to do your Rp and then mine a little latter

From what I got from your suggestion the players I would need competitors, eliminators and a host, overall I love the idea Sabby so many possible ways to go with this
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 am
A host, you, since you can control the event and confrontations. And chosen competitors, and not so much as eliminators as the host's private 'gang'. A spoof of this exact plot was done with Balls of Fury, in case anyone hasn't seen the first Mortal Kombat.

But there's no armies, or fortress, or empress or anything in this idea. It's a host (high status), with his own people, he and messengers confront the chosen competitors to invite them. There's be a scene of the journy where they meet up with each other and even a confrontation or two. Then settling in on the island and beginning to explore, the welcoming ceremony would be a demonstration (duel), between of the host's people, while the competitors watch and discuss. Then throught the island while exploring there'll be confrontations which lead to duels, and also sanctioned duels by the host between competitors (some of which are also his people in the tournament itself). All this leading up until the finals depending on who succeeded in the tournament.

Last edited by Sabbaticus on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 am
Ohhhhhhh private gang I like the sound of that
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a RP?   Suggestions for a RP? Icon_m11

Suggestions for a RP?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1