Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
Dorm UserBars for Staff 2ntv8so
1st Division

Dorm UserBars for Staff Empty
PostSubject: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 pm
I suggest having Dorm Userbars included for staff members. Since our names are colored already based on our staff position, it's nice to have a way to see how the staff ranks for purpose of BA duels and Wars.
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 pm
I asked for this before and got no reply. I'm pretty sure Sabbaticus and Valkyra used to have them, so I don't see why we can't.
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:10 am
Mmm apologies for replying to this so late.

I explained why I couldn't do this for everyone back on neda, but I'll explain again.
Forumotion doesn't have a multiple ranks option. I can only have 1 rank at a time, one for each dorm, and each staff position. Have 2 ranks, such as 2 staff positions, or a staff rank and a dorm rank is not possible, unless I literally make a new rank for that combination. This means I'd have to make a hidden rank for ever single staff member, and on top of that, make custom rank images for every single staff member, and further still, keep making custom rank images every time a position or dorm changes. This is very tedious which is why I don't do it.

Back on neda, the only reason I did do this for Valk and I, is because we were the only staff members to have more than 2 staff positions. She was an admin and a teacher, I was an admin, teacher, and event manager. So it became relavent to show those other positions. However, I had to take the ranks into photoshop and combine the diff ranks we had and save them out and create a new hidden rank in the admin panel. It's not so bad for 2 staff members, but it gets too much for all of them, especially when it can fluctuate. You'll also notice that I took the dorm rank away from Valk's and my rank long ago. I only added it because I was combining the ranks anyway.

I hope this explains why I haven't done this for all staff. If ever a member of staff has 2 staff positions then it will be done.
Aang

Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:15 am
Sabbaticus wrote:
Mmm apologies for replying to this so late.

I explained why I couldn't do this for everyone back on neda, but I'll explain again.
Forumotion doesn't have a multiple ranks option. I can only have 1 rank at a time, one for each dorm, and each staff position. Have 2 ranks, such as 2 staff positions, or a staff rank and a dorm rank is not possible, unless I literally make a new rank for that combination. This means I'd have to make a hidden rank for ever single staff member, and on top of that, make custom rank images for every single staff member, and further still, keep making custom rank images every time a position or dorm changes. This is very tedious which is why I don't do it.

Back on neda, the only reason I did do this for Valk and I, is because we were the only staff members to have more than 2 staff positions. She was an admin and a teacher, I was an admin, teacher, and event manager. So it became relavent to show those other positions. However, I had to take the ranks into photoshop and combine the diff ranks we had and save them out and create a new hidden rank in the admin panel. It's not so bad for 2 staff members, but it gets too much for all of them, especially when it can fluctuate. You'll also notice that I took the dorm rank away from Valk's and my rank long ago. I only added it because I was combining the ranks anyway.

I hope this explains why I haven't done this for all staff. If ever a member of staff has 2 staff positions then it will be done.

Yes, I understand now why you can't do this for every staff member, however; what about little userbars (like the achievements, or possibly a bit bigger) to go into our signatures ? Surprised
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:24 am
There's already achievements for dorms. If you look at mine you'll see Obelisk. I just haven't revived the achievements section yet because there's some changes I'd like to make, as well as some new additions.
Nichigo

Nichigo

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 94-0-22

Battle Arena Silver
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 am
Yeah valk actually explained this to me a little while ago (after i had posted the thread already though). Sounds good...and not really a big deal anyway.
Nexus

Nexus

Team : Gremory Household

Duel Season : 0-0-3

Duel Career : 1-0-10

YGOPro Name : SparkDrago

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:59 pm
Well it can be sold for DP
Aang

Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:11 pm
Sabbaticus wrote:
There's already achievements for dorms. If you look at mine you'll see Obelisk. I just haven't revived the achievements section yet because there's some changes I'd like to make, as well as some new additions.

Achievements for a dorm is stupid. We shouldn't get achievements for making it into a dorm; getting in a dorm is normal, and everyone does it. It guarantee's pretty much everyone a free achievement (+ free DP)
Rai-Jinn

Rai-Jinn

Team : None O.O

Duel Career : 12-0-9

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 pm
would be nice if we would have a our sig userbar though Razz just sayin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorm UserBars for Staff   Dorm UserBars for Staff Icon_m11

Dorm UserBars for Staff

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1