Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 138-0-35

YGOPro Name : Decato

Battle Arena Bronze
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Empty
PostSubject: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 am
Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road 313px-StarlightRoad-GLD5-EN-OP

Activate only when an effect is activated that would destroy 2 or more cards you control. Negate the effect and destroy that card. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck.

This is one card that splits opinions, the discussion should be interesting. Activate this card when 2 or more cards you control would be destroyed, negate it, and get a free Stardust awesome isn't it? Well... with the words '2 or more' it is already a situational card, and you don't want many situational cards in today's game. You can't deny it's effects are so good, I remember when people used trunade over heavy just cause this was such a pain. I don't believe this card is as useful as it was in the Gyzarus/JD/Blackrose meta times as the meta now with Wind-Up, Dino-Rabbit and Inzectors are more about 1-1 destruction and control of the field rather than mass destruction. On the other hand, let's look at the next format; dark hole, heavy storm, 2 torrential, 2 mirror force... while I doubt people will use 2 mirror force I think that this card will be under the spotlight again. The 3 MSTs this format is something Starlight has to be careful of though.

Some people prefer The Huge Revolution is Over rather than this due to THRIO's flexibility and Starlight's weakness to Solemn Warning but I think the free Stardust will lead to more duelists preferring this. Of course, you can use your own destruction cards to activate Starlight's effect if you need the Stardust.

Personally, I never used this card much; didn't like the situational aspect of it but I may consider it next format should I have space. If you run lots of backrow or like to swarm (which most top decks do anyway) I would strongly advise you to side deck this card, if not in the main.

In conclusion, it is a useful card, a bit situational but if you have the space and the deck style to suit it you may find this card turning the duel around for you.

Note 1: If you use Starlight to get Stardust, you can use its effect but it wouldn't come back as it wasn't summoned properly
Note 2: If you run any Stardust decks; SDD AM/Shooting Star etc, this card is a staple

If there are any cards you want reviewed just tell me; I'll put Cardcar D up again. So opinions on this card? Will you run 1/2 or maybe like me, is it too situational for you?
pacading

pacading

Team : Trojan

Duel Points : 100

Duel Career : 1-0-0

Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 am
I run two Starlights in my Gravekeeper deck. The defense is more than necessary, as keeping my monsters and backrow safe from mass destruction is vital to the deck's success.
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am
I run 1 in some of the builds where I have more field presence or run 10+ backrow. Too situational for most decks, but is a nice tech like the article mentioned. How about reviewing Photon Thrasher?
Darkness Son

Darkness Son

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 3-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:58 am
Tip: if you activate something like TT, Mirror, Heavy, etc. and your opponent chains SLR: if you destroy the card you activated (for example with MST), then your opponent won't get to summon SDD. I think I already mentioned this back in the SLR thread on NEDA.
Sabbaticus

Sabbaticus

Founder

Team : Dreamstate

Duel Career : 32-0-5

YGOPro Name : Sabbaticus

Team Wars Silver
Order of Chaos
Weekly Bash Gold
3rd Division

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm
Glad to see some discussion, but keep in mind pacading that this was a necro bump. This topic is over a month old.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featured Card #2: Starlight Road   Featured Card  #2: Starlight Road Icon_m11

Featured Card #2: Starlight Road

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1