Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-2

Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Empty
PostSubject: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 am
||Brief History into the Deck||
Quote :

I left the game for a good few years and started up again just a while back in late 2010-early 2011. I wanted to build a Dark Magician Girl+Silent Magician LV8 Deck using both in a synergistic way for victory. I did it because both are just sooooo pretty! And very very Sexy Witches!~<3 So anyways, I wanted to make a fun, but competitive deck, after several trial and error attempts, I began taking some advice from people eventually building the deck into what it is now with my own touch to it. Not only does it hold it's own against the current top decks of the format, but it is also a grand site to see your Girls beat them down. As of 2012 on September, Chaos Sorcerer was put to 1. So I had to toss in an Honest to replace that second Sorcerer I once had.
||The Deck||
Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Chaos-Casters-1
Quote :

||Main Deck = 40||
Quote :

1. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2. Breaker the Magical Warrior
1. Chaos Sorcerer
2. Dark Magician Girl
3. Effect Veiler
1. Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1. Honest
2. Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
1. Plaguespreader Zombie
2. Silent Magician LV4
1. Silent Magician LV8
2. Summoner Monk
1. Vylon Prism

1. Dark Hole
1. Heavy Storm
1. Level Up!
2. Magical Dimension
1. Mind Control
1. Monster Reborn
2. Mystical Space Typhoon
1. Pot of Avarice
2. Pot of Duality
2. Secret Village of the Spellcasters
1. Terraforming

2. Magician's Circle
1. Solemn Judgment
2. Solemn Warning
||Side Deck = 15||
Quote :

2. Cyber Dragon
2. Fossil Dyna Pachycelapho
2. Thunder King Rai-Oh

2. Bottomless Trap Hole
2. Chain Disappearance
2. Dimensional Prison
3. Royal Decree
||Extra Deck = 15||
Quote :

1. Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1. Ally of Justice Catastor
1. Black Rose Dragon
1. Magical Android
1. Scrap Dragon
1. Stardust Dragon
1. T.G. Hyper Librarian
1. Thought Ruler Archfiend

1. Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
1. Lavalval Chain
1. Magi Magi * Magician Gal
1. Number 39: Utopia
1. Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1. Number C39: Utopia Ray
||Chaos-Casters vs. Commonly Run Decks||
Quote :

In this portion I will clear the air on how this deck fairs against Top-Decks of the current format, such as the Dino Rabbits or those Gadget Geargia's. This list will include the top 6 Decks I believe that are leading the current format and I will include a victory ratio based on both my experience at Locals and on DN. The ratio will be MY WINS:THEIR WINS, both sides summing up into 5 based on matches for a more accurate answer than the simple "2 out of 3 Match".

vs. Dragonsworn - This deck no longer holds the same pace as before, even with my deck easily being overpowered in raw strength, especially my deck build with the strongest monster being at 3500 Atk. Victory here is no longer as sketchy as before. Victory Ratio: 2:3

vs. Dark World - Dark Worlds run a heavy dependency on Spells, with Secret Village in play they crumble easily and become unable to do anything throughout the game making it a one-sided match. Victory Ratio: 3:2

vs. Dino Rabbits/Rabbit Variants - With their lack of Ignition Priority in the current game and key cards like Rabbit and Tour Guide being at 2 each, Effect Veiler at 3 slows them down and ensures victory, Chain of Disappearance is just in-case they try to pull something other than a rabbit out of that hat. Victory Ratio: 3:2

vs. Gadget/Geargias - A little bit of a toughie if they dare splash in a Geartown just to get an easy 3000 Atk beatstick out, but if they do not run that, then It's quite easier to handle either ways. Victory Ratio: 3:2

vs. HERO Beat/HERO Variants - Similar to Dark Worlds, set-up is priority in a match against these guys. Yet the instance Village hits the field, this deck instantly is shut down, only with that optional Photon Thrasher being their only hope out of it. Victory Ratio: 3:2

vs. Prophecies/Spellbook Variants - Not certain what is the big deal with these guys or why people have such a hard on for them... Maybe Junon's bust. ;D Heh... But no... Seriously, not to toot my own horn, but my build guarantees me to easily get over their High Priestess dependent builds even banishing her and temperance. And to add insult to injury, I side in a Rai-Oh and Chain Disappearance with Bottomless Trap Hole then Prophecies just crumble at said point. Victory Ratio: 3:2
||Obvious Weaknesses||
Quote :

In this bit, I am introducing obvious weaknesses to the deck by card. So far, I have only validated three cards that can really make this deck struggle in a duel more than anything else. I will include what the card does and how it can ruin any responses or the build and how to counter it when it's up and running.

Prohibition - This card early game can really limit the build. While most targets will end up being Hand Traps such as Veiler or Counter Traps, such as the Solemn Brigade it can still hinder the opposition to let combinations occur without an argument. Counter: MST, Breaker, and Lyla see to this card. Not much else can be said if it is done first turn during a Wind-Up Loop or second turn Hieratic OTK and they lockdown specific cards.

Macro Cosmos - A no brainer here, this deck is heavily dependent on the Graveyard to get out bigger monsters for more combinations. While Dark Smog, Dimensional Fissure, D.D. Crow and Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer may be other similar threats, but they are not as threatening as a Macro Cosmos being chained in the End Phase when a Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress begins to mill. Counter: This weakness is easy to get over with a lot of Spell/Trap Destruction running in the deck. Lya, Breaker, and MST guarrantee to get rid of this weakness early game. If it becomes a real problem, Royal Decree is in the side for some control.

Skill Drain - The worse card to be hit with in this build. This deck is heavily dependent on the monsters effects making it struggle against the opposition in a hope for dominance. Counter: MST can cope with this card early on, but in a rematch Royal Decree is best bet to keep the opponent at bay pushing them to depend on skill and not "skilless" play.

I would appreciate feedback and criticism and what not, thank you.
XAzureChaos

XAzureChaos

YGOPro Name : XAzurechaos

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 am
looks like it would be fun to use, but solemn wold be the only issue I have, those cards take up a good bit of life points to use, I would add black horn of heaven, and trap jammer
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 am
Seems pretty fun to use. Mind if I try it out? Surprised
Obscurum

Obscurum

Team : No Team Affiliation

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm
Go ahead, Aang. I don't really mind.
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm
i well tray it too i hope you dont mind
Aang

Aang

Duel Career : 21-0-7

YGOPro Name : Aang

Weekly Bash Gold
Order of Light
2nd Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm
Alright, thanks Obscurum. xD
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 pm
No problem, Aang.

Hey, mouzou. Same thing applies.
I really don't mind. XD
Austin

Austin

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 39-0-14

YGOPro Name : Austin

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm
thnx ^^
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 pm
Bumping it up, advise and thoughts greatly appreciated.
Valkyra

Valkyra

Duel Career : 19-0-2

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:58 am
Not so sure about the background... but yeah... lol.

Anyways, really interesting Deck you got there. However, there are also a lot of strange cards that I don't think should belong there. For instance, Gorz. Gorz is a powerful card, yes, but aren't you trying to get your Village lock ASAP? That makes Gorz a very dead card most of the time. Sure, you can mill it with Lyla, but I'd rather have a Dark that's actually useful instead of one that can end up dead in my hand.

Vylon Prism is another weird card. Outside the fact that it's good for a Synchro, I see absolutely 0 synergy in this Deck for it. You can't Special Summon it, which means you need to have an established field already before you can even use its effect. And then, when you do, you probably sacrifice a Spellcaster (which will unlock the lock) and go -1 for a strong Synchro. I'd rather keep the Village lock and use something more useful instead of Prism.

Then that brings me to my next point, replacing those cards.

I'd start of with adding a third Village. If the Village lock is what you're going for, then you'll need to increase those odds as much as possible.

As a replacement for Gorz, I'd put a third Breaker. It's a Dark, just like Gorz and since you already have 2 other Breakers and 2 MSTs, you can actually make use of that 1900 ATK, while still maintaining backrow pressure. Since you don't run the Village Decree setup, you'll also need that extra backrow destruction to save you from Traps.

Personally, I'd make even more changes, like a more efficient backrow (your trap line-up almost makes it more favorable to run Village Decree), but I didn't want to mess up your strategy/synergy too much Razz

Hope this helps!
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:49 am
Valkyra wrote:
Not so sure about the background... but yeah... lol.

Shh! Dun judge me. >.<;;

Well, this deck is more control based. And I can easily swap out for the Village Decree build when need.(Run Triple Decree to mess with Trap and Spell Heavy Decks such as; Dark Worlds/Barbaros/ChaosNinja/etc.)

Normally, I go from Summoner Monk into Vylon Prism; then drop Stardust Dragon, Scrap Dragon or Thought Ruler Archfiend to provide easy destruction plus some sort of benefit in the end, most of the time it is a Village I pitch to just improve the control.(If I have to get rid of the lock to do so, I just go Scrap Dragon and pop Village as a 1-4-1, even if it's a cost it is a huge gamble.)

I can't really afford to add a third Village after a time of testing(Normally ends up being a dead draw), I use Terraforming in it's place to deck thin and to set-up.

I could try for a third Breaker over the Gorz(most of the time people get rid of Village to attain access to their Spells again), I'll see where that goes.

You can make suggestions for the side if you want to recommend some backrow(I feel like some of the Side could be much better, especially with some trap line-up or monster line-up), I'd appreciate that a lot if you could. Very Happy
Thank you for your help, Valkyria~! :3
Valkyra

Valkyra

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:51 am
The fact that it's Control based is EXACTLY why you should run 3 Village and 1 Terraforming. Village is a card you'll want to see on turn 1 in your opening hand, which means that running 4 copies gives you the best odds without a high risk of drawing into dead cards. Since Terraforming can always still be used as a Deck Thinner, after which the added Village becomes Monk fodder to further thin the deck.

Also, adding 1 card (Prism) just to help 1 other card (which you only run 2 copies of), is simply asking for inconsistencies. Not to mention that Monk works just as fine as instant Rank 4 and even instant Chaos set-up if you grab a Lyla. That's the best use of Monk, grab Lyla, pop a card and go into a Rank 4 for a clean +-0, rather than a -1, which you get by Synchroing. That's also why I was thinking about adding a third Lyla, but couldn't find the space, other than possibly cutting 1 Veiler. But that would be up to personal preference.

Also, Monk makes any "dead" Spell card obsolute. You either get a monster, or they Veiler you. In neither case do you lose anything.

So I'd test my suggestions a bit more before giving your final judgment Wink First turn Village is what makes Village decks work. Not running the maximum amount of Village alongside Terraforming will only lower your own chances of opening with a good hand.

As for the side, Sides are always completely dependant on what you expect to see the most. So run whatever counters that you think you will run into the most. Although I can see Soul Drain as a nice addition, since you only have to cut Plaguespreader when you side it in (and Prism if you don't follow my suggestions lol). It will give you a good Side Card against Dark Worlds, since you can't run Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror.
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:45 am
Thank you, Valkyra, for helping me test out your suggestion and recommendations. I will attempt to make some appropriate changes to suit the third Village. I might try to keep the Vylon though.

I'll see where it goes from here.
I'll let you know with what I come up with, then you can wreck it again. Razz

Seriously, you have my gratitude.

EDIT - Just tested out my variant vs your recommendations. I played a diverse series of decks through matches. Here are the result.

Results; Victory Ratio and Loss Ratio...
Quote :

Chaos-Casters. Ver. Valkyra.
Quote :
I ran the deck earlier today with your changes, Valkyra; Out of 10 duels with 10 different decks. I lost to 6 and won to 4. Guaranteeing a 40% chance victory in most duesl.
Changes Made...
-1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
-1 Vylon Prism

+1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
+1 Secret Village of the Spellcasters

Won Against...
- vs. Ben-Kei OTK
- vs. Chaos Anti-Meta
- vs. D.D. Dynamite OTK
- vs. Earth Psychics

Lost Against...
- vs. Constellars
- vs. Dark World((Sillva/Golld Variant))
- vs. Genex-Allyteans
- vs. Ice-Barrier Lock
- vs. Pure-Gusto
- vs. T.G. Stun

Commentary...
- Without Vylon I had no access to Stardust Dragon or the ability to mow over rival monsters.
- Third Breaker the Magical Warrior ended up more dead than helpful.
- Third Village did do wonders, it is what won me those 4 duels, but for the next few it was more the lack of anything that stopped potential OTK's(I need that Gorz. All the 1-4-1 destruction based on effects rather than Spells was just too much to handle without anything to punish them with.)

Overall Response...
I will find a way to insert the Third Village, but I will probably take something else out rather than the Vylon. Gorz is there for a reason, and I remember why. A lot of decks manage to get rid of it someway or another(especially Synchro based as they end up popping it with Scrap Dragon or end up killing my Spellcasters to ensure the MST goes through).

Chaos-Casters. Ver. Obscurum.
Quote :

I ran this deck soon after, same procedure; 10 times against 10 different decks. I lost to 3, while I won to 7. Resulting in a 70% chance at Victory in most duels.

Changes Made...
None yet...

Won Against...
- vs. Chaos Batterymen OTK
- vs. Chaos Paladin
- vs. Chaos Xyz
- vs. Exodia OTK
- vs. Frognarchs
- vs. Gravekeeper's Geartown
- vs. Madolches

Lost Against...
- vs. Destiny Dragoon
- vs. Mermatlanteans
- vs. Zombie World Synchro

Commentary...
- Faired much better, but still lost due to lack of getting Village till mid-game.

Overall Response...
While the victory ratio was indeed higher than your recommendations. I need a third Village. For me to actually lose to Mermatlanteans annoyed me. I'll replace something else for the third Village, but I will have to run some tests.

Chaos-Casters. Ver. III.
Quote :

I ran this deck earlier this morning, same procedure as the previous; 10 times against 10 different decks. I lost to 4, while I won to 6. Resulting in a 60% chance at Victory in most duels.

Changes Made...
- 1 Silent Magician LV4

+1 Secret Village of the Spellcasters

Won Against...
- vs. Dragon Master Knight
- vs. Naturia Lock
- vs. Chimeratech Overdragon OTK
- vs. Red Nova
- vs. Stall Burn
- vs. Zombie World Synchro

Lost Against...
- vs. Chronomally
- vs. Chaos Hieratics
- vs. Karakuri Machina
- vs. Machina Geartown

Commentary...
- Faired above average. Most of the time I still didn't draw into Village, not sure why...

Overall Response...
While the victory ratio was decent, it was off by 1 as compared to my original. Thinking on it, those decks I lost to established an OTK setting first/second turn; Luckily for me, I had Gorz and simply put a halt to their chance at an easy win. I think I will test it out once more time using an alternative method. See where it goes.

Last edited by Obscurum on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Just recently tested the deck today.)
Valkyra

Valkyra

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Bronze
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 am
That's why I said that I would personally add more Traps, which also help you against OTK-based decks, just like Gorz.

I would cut the Silent Magician set and add 2 BTH and 2 DPrison/Compuls/Mirror Force/Torrential. Alongside my previously made suggestions obviously.

Try those changes and let me know how it goes.

P.S. If you really want to keep 1 card answers to threats (your Monk + Prism combo), I'd suggest adding 2 TGU instead (one could replace Prism and the other can replace a Veiler). It's a much better 1-card answer than Monk and it's an additional Dark for your Chaos count. I really wouldn't recommend this though, unless you're seriuosly having troubles with single big boss monsters.

P.P.S. As a matter of fact, I don't see how Prism is any better to take care of threats than any other Level 4. You can still Overlay in Pearl/Utopia which can handle the same threats Stardust does. You're only giving up Stardust effects, but for doing that, you increase your overall consistency. Not a bad trade-off if you ask me.

Last edited by Valkyra on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 am
Valkyra wrote:
That's why I said that I would personally add more Traps, which also help you against OTK-based decks, just like Gorz.

I would cut the Silent Magician set and add 2 BTH and 2 DPrison/Compuls/Mirror Force/Torrential. Alongside my previously made suggestions obviously.

Try those changes and let me know how it goes.

P.S. If you really want to keep 1 card answers to threats (your Monk + Prism combo), I'd suggest adding 2 TGU instead (one could replace Prism and the other can replace a Veiler). It's a much better 1-card answer than Monk and it's an additional Dark for your Chaos count. I really wouldn't recommend this though, unless you're seriuosly having troubles with single big boss monsters.

Taking out the entire Silent set is out of the question due to my personal preference, I can pop one out for another thing.

Nah, boss monsters aren't the problem. I simply get rid of most boss monsters in the game if there is an opening(To those who say you can't banish all Pulsars. I beg to differ.), but I'll get back to you on it later, I'm still trying to find balance if any in the third Village. The issue was the occasional compulsories that just disrupted Village for them to chain MST soon after.

Lovemuffin

Lovemuffin

Duel Career : 18-0-19

YGOPro Name : Lovemuffin

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:55 am
Obscurum i will top your deck and make a better one muhahaha
but it is Good altogether tho
Yusuke

Yusuke

Team : Recruiting

Duel Career : 1-0-5

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:01 pm
I think you should run atleast 1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer. It is an amazing card and will fit in the deck great since it is a dark spellcaster.
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:12 pm
Do you have replays for your tests? I'm curious to see how exactly the duels go against the too meta. Also, have you been playing matches? Every one of the decks you mentioned can easily side in hate.

If I remember correctly, I think I played against this deck with either my Mermail/Atlantean deck or Steelswarm Tribute deck. If so,
I'll try to give suggestions later.
Facial_Hair

Facial_Hair

Duel Career : 4-0-4

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:28 pm
You really should take out one Solemn Warning, because

1 Solemn Judg.-----> -4000 + 1 Solemn Warning-----> -2000...so the last Solemn Warning becomes dead, but that's just a personal preference. I'd replace one with a better trap, as Valkrya said, like compuls, mirror force, torrential, etc.

1 card I strongly suggest is at least one Safe Zone, because basically, from what I see, your Silent Magician sits on its butt waiting for five turns, or until you draw a Level Up! and you only run one of that -.- Safe Zone protects your monsters, and you can use it against theirs, like if they Hyperion it or Scrap Dragon it. And with the Village lock you really don't need to worry about mst or heavy.

Another personal pref: Trag these days is better over Gorz; it can be used as a beatstick, xyz fodder, synchro fodder, and you can take control of annoying things like Thunder King
AsianGuy1137

AsianGuy1137

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 9-0-8

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm
Not necessarily true. Gorz is more consistently an OTK-stopper with the beatstick it provides whereas Trag only has utility if it survives, which means he's more often just a worse version of Kuriboh mid-late game unless you play conservatively or have a good card advantage engine which this deck lacks. Although Trag should still be mained ONLY because the deck runs Field Spells and the like.
Obscurum

Obscurum

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:34 pm
Thank you all for the comments. I am already working on improving it, with the help of Valkyra. >w<

Yeargh, Now on to personal replies.

@Lovemuffin. Go for it, if you take out the two DMG's for a pair of Kycoo's and the Silents for something else, I'm certain you can make something work for you.

@Yusuke. I'm going for that, but I had no luck testing it out yet due to the Dawn thing download being as slow as molasses.

@Facial_Hair. I am not a fan of Trag. Even in this build. Most of the time the hand is limited and it can't prove useful. Especially when I got back into the game, I tried it. It simply only proved to me that it needed a deck with more hand presence, but thank you for the suggestion.

@AsianGuy. Yep. I played both. The Mermail/Atlantean build was just a lot of 1-4-1 disruption for me, I lost. The Steelswarm was a close match, misplayed big time on my part. I have a replay of my deck vs. Wiseblade(Uses Prophecies with Tragoedia and Magical Dimensions.), I deleted all the others a while back, but the replay with him is a duel full of pure sack.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format   Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format Icon_m11

Chaos-Casters; Fun and Competitive for the Sept. 1st 2012 Format

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1