Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 8-0-3

YGOPro Name : Doodle

Competitive Traptrix, need help with side 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Empty
PostSubject: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 pm
So I saw this Trix Hole deck a few months back, that topped a major event or something and I really liked it. 2 formats passed, now with january starting, so I thought I would give it sort of an update.

I see no rules regarding DN screenshot so I hope that's ok: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side WrX4V9c

Help appriciated ^-^

Last edited by Ace on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pyro

Pyro

War Manager

Duel Points : 225

Duel Season : 7-0-6

Duel Career : 146-0-74

YGOPro Name : Pyro/SoulBurner

Weekly Bash Gold
Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:56 pm
not a traptrix fan but maybe u can add pot of duality lol
Salik

Salik

Team : Anteiku

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 7-0-12

Duel Career : 194-0-91

YGOPro Name : Salik

Team Wars Gold
Squire
Battle Arena Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm
Forget side u need to fix up your main bro lol, what is this... u are playing a Trap Trix deck but aren't main decking Void Trap Hole? you play 2 Upstart... then 2 Shard? why not just add the 3rd Upstart... You know what, I don't even know what to say, this disgusts me, sorry.
Ace

Ace

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:27 pm
Salik wrote:
Forget side u need to fix up your main bro lol, what is this... u are playing a Trap Trix deck but aren't main decking Void Trap Hole? you play 2 Upstart... then 2 Shard? why not just add the 3rd Upstart... You know what, I don't even know what to say, this disgusts me, sorry.

Ok, a few things-

Firstly, I had no idea Void TH was some sort of staple in Traptrix. I don't really see it as something critical too. You could just suggest that Void is better than Traptrix TH instead of putting it the way you have. But for now, I will try this "format" rather than maining Void and siding Traptrix TH, it might end up switched like you (sort of) suggested but I will know after some more testings.

Secondly, 2 Upstarts are there instead of 2 Dualities. I am not a huge fan of Duality in every deck. Here I would rather to use Upstarts because it's faster and the life point gain doesnt matter that much as of the current testing I had with it. Also I don't see a problem with 2 Shards along with the 2 Upstarts, care to explain? they don't do the same thing, Shard is also a continous for Beetron which is a major player in this deck.

I edited in the Devpro version of the deck as it is better than what I did on DN (which was by memory of what was in the Devpro becasue the deck was saved in a different computer).
NickV

NickV

Administrator

Team : Toxic Flamingos

Duel Season : 1-0-2

Duel Career : 45-0-24

YGOPro Name : NickV

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Silver
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:40 pm
Ace wrote:
Firstly, I had no idea Void TH was some sort of staple in Traptrix. I don't really see it as something critical too. You could just suggest that Void is better than Traptrix TH instead of putting it the way you have. But for now, I will try this "format" rather than maining Void and siding Traptrix TH, it might end up switched like you (sort of) suggested but I will know after some more testings.
Run both if you want.

Ace wrote:
Secondly, 2 Upstarts are there instead of 2 Dualities. I am not a huge fan of Duality in every deck. Here I would rather to use Upstarts because it's faster and the life point gain doesnt matter that much as of the current testing I had with it. Also I don't see a problem with 2 Shards along with the 2 Upstarts, care to explain? they don't do the same thing, Shard is also a continous for Beetron which is a major player in this deck.
Shard is a -1 for 2 turns, after which it turns into a +1 and that can potentially be far too late. PoD is safer than Upstart because there's a bigger chance you can add the card to your hand which you want or need. It is especially better when you don't special summon a lot, and to add to that, you plus when summoning anyway. Beetron already has 7 targets to choose from. Let's not forget how many times CotH and/or Fiendish Chain stay on the field without a target. You're better off running 3 PoD over both Upstarts and Shards. This leaves space for one more card.

Ace

Ace

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:19 pm
NickV wrote:
Ace wrote:
Run both if you want.

Ace wrote:
Shard is a -1 for 2 turns, after which it turns into a +1 and that can potentially be far too late. PoD is safer than Upstart because there's a bigger chance you can add the card to your hand which you want or need. It is especially better when you don't special summon a lot, and to add to that, you plus when summoning anyway. Beetron already has 7 targets to choose from. Let's not forget how many times CotH and/or Fiendish Chain stay on the field without a target. You're better off running 3 PoD over both Upstarts and Shards. This leaves space for one more card.
Well I appriciate the help but for now I'll stick to that. I might drop the shards but that still works for me.
Anyone has sideck suggestions though? anything else for the main?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive Traptrix, need help with side   Competitive Traptrix, need help with side Icon_m11

Competitive Traptrix, need help with side

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1