Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 0-0-0

The works of a dear friend. 2ntv8so
Squire
1st Division

The works of a dear friend. Empty
PostSubject: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:55 pm
The works of a dear friend. Tigs_p12

The works of a dear friend. 64013_10

The works of a dear friend. 71496_10

The works of a dear friend. 72267_10

The works of a dear friend. 19694410

The works of a dear friend. 29953410

The works of a dear friend. 42906610

The works of a dear friend. 53718010

The works of a dear friend. 54168410

The works of a dear friend. 54203410

Credit to my friend Serenity for this work. Since she is not a member of the forums, she said I can "show" her best stuff off.

NOW, if you know the person who drew the images themselves, just know this MY FRIEND IS NOT LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY OFF THIS. So don't come to me asking to get a hold of her. She is doing this for fun. So, no bashing her. If you have ways to help her get better, message me or something and I will relay the message to her.

MOD/ADMIN - IF YOU SEE SIGNS OF BASHING, CAN YOU DELETE COMMENTS?
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 pm
ALu wrote:
Everything is noobish.

How is "everything" Noobish?
Jaaden

Jaaden

Event Manager

Duel Season : 1-0-1

Duel Career : 21-0-6

YGOPro Name : Jaaden

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm
ALu wrote:
Everything is noobish.
ur actually Quite rude for Saying its Noobish, why dont u Post some of ur Works then?

Those Pics r awesome...But there's This Problem with ur Sig
it exceeds the Legal size that its Supposed to be, Check the academy rules to know..
and again awesome stuff there ^^
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Jaaden wrote:
ALu wrote:
Everything is noobish.
ur actually Quite rude for Saying its Noobish, why dont u Post some of ur Works then?

Those Pics r awesome...But there's This Problem with ur Sig
it exceeds the Legal size that its Supposed to be, Check the academy rules to know..
and again awesome stuff there ^^

Thanks. I'll fix it.
ALu

ALu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Bad placements of the resources, too big, no flow, no depth, too many focals, no blending of whatsoever, not very good text placement, font and colors.

TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:12 pm
ALu wrote:
Bad placements of the resources, too big, no flow, no depth, too many focals, no blending of whatsoever, retarded text placement, font and colors.

Overall, noobish. I usually write pages of fixes but it's not worth it here. It seems that your friend doesn't want to learn anyway.

Dude, I had something in mind to reply to you but you're not even worth the reply. So eh, consider it dropped.
ALu

ALu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:26 pm
The works of a dear friend. Criticism_1.8l3ux5t2jv4sowkw08gwc4cw8.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th
-xXPAINXx-

-xXPAINXx-

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:08 pm
Pay no attention to the man with an ironically terrible avi and sig Very Happy I will admit, there's always room for improvement, but I wouldn't go as far as to call these terrible. It seems she may have gotten lazy with making her signature blend well with the pictures, but aside from that, no real complaints. I'm especially fond of the Chobits pic Razz
Boattack

Boattack

Duel Season : 2-0-8

Duel Career : 25-0-47

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 pm
I somewhat have to agree with ALu i'm afraid..

Most looks like it's just a background and render and then some playing around with opacity, then a text and thats it.

Quote :
Bad placements of the resources, too big, no flow, no depth, too many focals, no blending of whatsoever, retarded text placement, font and colors.

all of the above is true (:

Sorry, but I do not like them.. Tell her to try out some tutorials, u can find lots of great ones on deviantart (: Even google is ur friend here (: Don't be afraid to try out something new and "hard", even if it doesn't succeed u will have learned something new.
-xXPAINXx-

-xXPAINXx-

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm
I think they're fine, tbh e.e Granted, nothing special, but is there really any need for the derogatory terms? Her worst mistakes were the poorly executed signatures. Her hand at properly rendering things will fix itself with time. Everything else, as far as focal points, flow, etc, is really up to personal preference. I, for example, find ALu's and Boattack's sets rather unexceptional. I'd sooner be seen putting up something like our OP's friend's Chobits picture as a sig than anything along either of those sets' lines. That doesn't mean they're necessarily bad, and I can see both artists put some effort into what they did, but I far prefer what our OP's friend has done in her Chobits piece, really.

Personally, I'm fine with criticism, but come on, ALu. Really?

Anywho, I'd rather not derail the topic any further e.e

Guise, let's try to keep it civil, k?

Last edited by -xXPAINXx- on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boattack

Boattack

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:18 pm
-xXPAINXx- wrote:
I think they're fine, tbh e.e Granted, nothing special, but is there really any need for the derogatory terms? Her worst mistakes were the poorly executed signatures. Her hand at properly rendering things will fix itself with time. Everything else, as far as focal points, flow, etc, is really up to personal preference. I, for example, find ALu's and Boattack's sets rather unexceptional. I'd sooner be seen putting up something like our OP's friend's Chobits picture as a sig than anything along either of those sets' lines. That doesn't mean they're necessarily bad, and I can see both artists put some effort into what they did, but I far prefer what our OP's friend has done in her Chobits piece, really.

I agree.. the signature I got is pretty meh.. :p I only made it to have something xD

I don't agree with you that these are good, nor will I ever, thats my opinion, just like u can think that any of my works do sux :p

What I suggest is, that if you DO want to make graphics and show them to people, look up some tutorials to make something, people want to watch, rather than just go the easy copy/paste that you can do in regular paint. Photoshop deserves better Sad (not saying this is made in photoshop, what do I know..)

And just to justify myself. I am NOT pro, and I do NOT think that I am the best one ever out there..
Darkness Son

Darkness Son

Team : Super Friends

Duel Career : 3-0-1

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm
Awesome pics. I would like to know, if possible, who the guy in the 8th pic is, or what manga/anime (if any) it belongs to. It's the black & white pic, with 1 guy holding a sword and another guy with blades on his fingers.
LustfulZex

LustfulZex

Team : Destiny

Duel Career : 8-0-13

YGOPro Name : VampiricZex

Team Wars Silver
Squire
Weekly Bash Gold
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm
Darkness Son wrote:
Awesome pics. I would like to know, if possible, who the guy in the 8th pic is, or what manga/anime (if any) it belongs to. It's the black & white pic, with 1 guy holding a sword and another guy with blades on his fingers.

Thats from D-Grey Man ^.^ and thats Allen Walker looking awesome as usual :3
ALu

ALu

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:19 am
-xXPAINXx- wrote:

I've changed my mind after 3 drinks. This is a topic made by a troll with the intention, well, to troll.
I'll report it.
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 am
Really? You think this is my attempt to troll? Dude. just drop it. I'm not trying to troll anyone. My friend was asking for criticisim but after seeing the first few remarks, you've pretty crushed her. But hey, report all you want. I see no reason to consider this post "trolling" so have at it.
-xXPAINXx-

-xXPAINXx-

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 am
Boattack wrote:
-xXPAINXx- wrote:

I agree.. the signature I got is pretty meh.. :p I only made it to have something xD

I don't agree with you that these are good, nor will I ever, thats my opinion, just like u can think that any of my works do sux :p

What I suggest is, that if you DO want to make graphics and show them to people, look up some tutorials to make something, people want to watch, rather than just go the easy copy/paste that you can do in regular paint. Photoshop deserves better Sad (not saying this is made in photoshop, what do I know..)

And just to justify myself. I am NOT pro, and I do NOT think that I am the best one ever out there..

Lawl, don't get the wrong idea, man e.e I don't think your work sucks. I've been to your thread. I really liked the giraffe pic you did. I'm just trying to get the point across here that alot of how we interpret art is up to personal taste. There's always room for improvement, but talent is mostly subjective. There are many grey areas in arts and creativity, and not everyone will agree on the same thing. I personally think her hand just needs a bit of tuning that will come along by itself over time, whether she learns it from looking at other pieces or through experimenting on her own.

Didn't mean to offend you, bro e.e
Boattack

Boattack

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm
-xXPAINXx- wrote:
Boattack wrote:
-xXPAINXx- wrote:

Lawl, don't get the wrong idea, man e.e I don't think your work sucks. I've been to your thread. I really liked the giraffe pic you did. I'm just trying to get the point across here that alot of how we interpret art is up to personal taste. There's always room for improvement, but talent is mostly subjective. There are many grey areas in arts and creativity, and not everyone will agree on the same thing. I personally think her hand just needs a bit of tuning that will come along by itself over time, whether she learns it from looking at other pieces or through experimenting on her own.

Didn't mean to offend you, bro e.e

No worries :p I'm not offended at all Wink I just said, it was alright to hate my work ;p - it wasn't intented towards u, but in general Wink

Quote :
My friend was asking for criticisim but after seeing the first few remarks, you've pretty crushed her.

Gee.. Sorry to say this, and u might think I'm a big jerk now.. - But If u can't take critisism, even the bad kind, don't post your pictures online.. This forum aint even the worst one, actually this is prolly one of the better..
Try posting copy/paste material on forums like d2jsp, and get bashed back to stoneage..
Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker

Team : BlackJackNHookers

Duel Career : 5-0-3

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm
The work sucked so bad on so many levels Alu was right
Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 pm
TmcJagger wrote:
Really? You think this is my attempt to troll? Dude. just drop it. I'm not trying to troll anyone. My friend was asking for criticisim but after seeing the first few remarks, you've pretty crushed her. But hey, report all you want. I see no reason to consider this post "trolling" so have at it.

Now she knows she sucks she needs to be broken and made better
TmcJagger

TmcJagger

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm
Albert Wesker wrote:
TmcJagger wrote:

Dude, you'd not say that if you knew her. But all in all, not sure what to say. I'm done on this.
Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker

Squire
1st Division

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:07 pm
TmcJagger wrote:
Albert Wesker wrote:
TmcJagger wrote:

Dude, you'd not say that if you knew her. But all in all, not sure what to say. I'm done on this.

I bet you I would
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The works of a dear friend.   The works of a dear friend. Icon_m11

The works of a dear friend.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1