Duel Season : 0-0-0

Duel Career : 4-0-5

YGOPro Name : Matt512

Six samurai deck 2ntv8so
Squire
Six samurai deck 2ntv8so
1st Division

Six samurai deck Empty
PostSubject: Six samurai deck   Six samurai deck Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 am
Am currently using a six samurai deck i 1 love it.But its lacking some power.Any suggestions??
The deck :
Monsters
Great Shogun shien *2
Enishi,Shien`s cancellor*1
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai*1
The Six Samurai - Zanji *1
Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan*3
The Six Samurai - Irou*1
The Six Samurai - Nisashi*1
The Six Samurai - Kamon*1
Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho *1
Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai *1
The Six Samurai - Yaichi *2
Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki*3
Kagemusha of the Six Samurai *3

spell%traps
Cunning of the Six Samurai
Gateway of the Six
Monster Reborn
Reinforcement of the Army
The Warrior Returning Alive
Shien's Smoke Signal
Double summon
Six Samurai United
mirror force
torrential tribute
dark bribe
Double-Edged Sword Technique
Defense Draw
Musakani Magatama
Negate Attack
synchro material
Shien` scheme
Swiftstrike armor
cagethedarkmaster

cagethedarkmaster

Duel Points : 100

Duel Season : 0-0-1

Duel Career : 45-0-54

Six samurai deck 2ntv8so
Squire
Six samurai deck 2ntv8so
1st Division

Six samurai deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six samurai deck   Six samurai deck Icon_m11Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 am
Great Shogun shien *2
Enishi,Shien`s cancellor*1
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai*1
The Six Samurai - Zanji *1
Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan*3
The Six Samurai - Irou*1
The Six Samurai - Nisashi*1
The Six Samurai - Kamon*1
Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho *1
Legendary Six Samurai - Shinai *1
The Six Samurai - Yaichi *2
Legendary Six Samurai - Kageki*3
Kagemusha of the Six Samurai *3

spell%traps
Cunning of the Six Samurai
Gateway of the Six
Monster Reborn
Reinforcement of the Army
The Warrior Returning Alive
Shien's Smoke Signal
Double summon
Six Samurai United
mirror force
torrential tribute
dark bribe
Double-Edged Sword Technique
Defense Draw
Musakani Magatama
Negate Attack
synchro material
Shien` scheme
Swiftstrike armor

your deck isn't lacking power, it's lacking an extra and side deck, as well as consistency. there's very little good I can say about this build. you need to study the deck more closely. watch replays of duels where people have won using six samurai in BA's on this forum; you can see their entire deck during the duel by clicking the deck, and pausing the replay. the problem with the cards you are using is they're too situational, and don't really help you get and maintain field presence. The first 2 monsters, for example, are not good for a six samurai deck. They fit the archetype, but are unreliable in terms of use in combat. The modern six samurai deck will go first turn LSS Shi-En or naturia beast, using elder/kagemusha, or in rare cases, kageki/kagemusha. The deck then presses it's advantage by special summoning multiple copies of kizan to be used for overlay summoning; hopefully a shock master.

your spell and trap lineup is decent, but you need to double and triple up on the effective cards of the archetype; namely 2 smoke signal, 1 reinforcement of the army, 3 asceticism of the six samurai, 2-3 six samurai united, at least 1 shien's dojo, gateway, and maybe, if you have room after the standard dark hole, mst, heavy storm, torrential tribute, etc, maybe, one double edged sword technique. the rest is way too situational to justify taking up a deck spot for, though notably cunning of the six can help you combo off with bushido counters and attacking. you could use it on a sam just to re-summon itself, gaining a bushido counter, and another attack. having only one of each of the cards in your deck really hurts your chances of using a card effectively; six samurai united helps you dig through your deck fast, something samurai need to do consistently to keep monsters on the board.

My current samurai build is as follows:
Six samurai deck Ln3IY

Even my deck, with my experience behind it, has consistency problems, but it will definitely outperform the build you have put together, because it makes use of the cards this deck needs to play competitively. Most players will advise running 1 dojo and 2 six sam united; but I don't agree that one less six sam united is optimal. I want to draw as much as possible with the deck, it's not as though I'm going to run out of samurai; there's plenty. Dojo at 2 is a personal preference, simply because I want to be able to use one dojo to stack the other up. 3 is definitely too many, as it requires a summon per counter, and you may only get 1 summon in any turn; which might even get negated by the solemn brigade, or blown away by bottomless or torrential tribute. I could replace 1 dojo and 1 ssu with, say, 2 fiendish chains and have a bit more protective support for the deck. it can also be argued that 2 is the magic number with asceticism but again, that's a personal preference. almost every monster in my deck has a target for asceticism, so I run the max amount to increase my chances of drawing it with a normal draw. again, could be taken out and replaced with a defensive trap, but I find that my side deck usually fixes my 3x problem for me, so I go all out in game 1.

My extra deck is out of date because I haven't yet studied the interactions of the newer exceeds with this deck. I'm considering adding the abyss dweller and a temtempo to the deck, but haven't gotten around to it just yet. For now, it's important to note that I know when to summon the monsters I DO have.

Anyways, I hope you appreciate my advice, and take it to heart. The deck can be a lot of fun if you work at it, as can any deck. Good luck with your samurai ^.^

Six samurai deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1